Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solfarm05 [Claimed]
03-22-2009, 10:27 AM,

Speaking of questions... :pop:

I've got one about faction relations.

Is there a way to make custom faction relations? Tongue

EDIT: Oh, and help on the quest would be excellent. I'd like to create it on my own, but I will probably need some help with scripting and such.
I'll die to win, 'cuz I was born to loose.
[Image: nirvana.jpg]
03-22-2009, 10:31 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by ZDawg
I've got one about faction relations.

Is there a way to make custom faction relations? Tongue
Yes.
If you explain what you want to achieve it's easier to answer your question.

EDIT: Oh, and help on the quest would be excellent. I'd like to create it on my own, but I will probably need some help with scripting and such.
That's fine.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-22-2009, 10:37 AM,

Oh. Right...

Well I figured it out I believe.

At least, I did figure out how to create a faction relation. As of now, I just set the modifier for faction disposition to fellow members of the faction to 100. This is only for Dothnea and Savvas, as they are newly wed and deeply in love. So... hope it works! Tongue

I'll be toying with faction relations later as well, as I imagine they will be a big part of the quest I'm making.

So... now that I have the faction set up, and both NPCs and their house in the faction, should I set up ownership on the items to that faction as well?
03-22-2009, 10:46 AM,

At least, I did figure out how to create a faction relation. As of now, I just set the modifier for faction disposition to fellow members of the faction to 100. This is only for Dothnea and Savvas, as they are newly wed and deeply in love. So... hope it works! Tongue
It will.

So... now that I have the faction set up, and both NPCs and their house in the faction, should I set up ownership on the items to that faction as well?
No, if you assigned ownership of the cell to the faction everything inside the interior belongs to that faction.

In Morrowind you had to assign ownership to every object which was quite tedious.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-22-2009, 10:57 AM,

Well that's wonderful news! I'll remember that. Don't have to tell me twice.

Now... what's this about faction ownership now? Tongue

Only kidding. Now it is on to Dothnea's AI!

I guess I'll look at some tutorials before I begin mindlessly questioning. Rolleyes
03-22-2009, 11:03 AM,

FYI Smile

AI.
  • Packages should start with StXX... etc. (XX = your modding ID)

• For the location: Don't use "in cell", it can produce unexpected behavior.

• Make sure that the packages are chronological (use the left arrow key).

• Add a wander package type: Time and duration any and none. Specify a radius (near editor location) of 1024 etc.
[indent][/indent][indent][/indent]This is always the last package in the list.
[indent][/indent][indent][/indent]You could use a standard package for example aaaDefaultExploreEditorLoc1024.
[blockquote]
Packages are executed from the top to the bottom (higher to lower priority).

If a package has a time and a duration of any and none, it will be executed when there are no other packages active (with a higher priority). That's why these have to be last in the list. The NPC will wander when there are no other packages defined/active.
[/blockquote]

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-22-2009, 11:06 AM,

Thanks for the useful information.

Any examples of what may be considered a "high priority" AI package? Like eating and sleeping, or something different?
03-22-2009, 11:15 AM,

Any examples of what may be considered a "high priority" AI package? Like eating and sleeping, or something different?
We normally add 2-3 eat packs, one "use item at pack" (see below), and a sleep pack. You could add a wander pack for the exterior.

Drink package.

Type "use item at".
Specify a location.
Target (Any object; Object ID): "Drink beer" etc. and the animation will work.

If you want to know which animations are possible, look under miscellaneous>>AnimObjects (don't use SI anims (SE)).

If you define the time and duration it's a high priority pack as long as you place the "time and duration any and none" packs below these packages.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-22-2009, 11:22 AM,

Okay, so as far as high priority activities go, it is okay to place, for instance, a sleep above and eat, a service package above a sleep, etc?
03-22-2009, 11:35 AM,

Okay, so as far as high priority activities go, it is okay to place, for instance, a sleep above and eat, a service package above a sleep, etc?
It will work (time and duration defined) but for reviewing reasons the packs have to be chronological. It's also easier to check the activities of your NPC's.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD