Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cerro Vampires Revisited
09-13-2008, 10:26 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
Lets do it !!

Alright! To make a start, is there an old thread summarising the quests that were definitively agreed on pr completed when this was last discussed?

If there are, could you possibly track them down and post up the important bits here, so that we have everything at our fingertips in this thread?

It shall be done

But not till tonight

Time to go to work Sad

Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
09-13-2008, 09:50 PM,

I'll offer you this as a start of info gather , consider however that alot of it is just scrabble

Cerro Vampires

The First Quest

Begins in Steadhelm

When you arrive in Steadhelm you'll hear a scream, looking around you'll see two figures hovering over a body, then suddenly the figures will dis-appear. Go near the body and notice this person is dead, a guard will arrive immediatly after and when asking about the events the guards will direct you to speck with the Priest Gerilus Minasus

Player: I saw 2 figures standiong over the body, then they dis-appeared
Guard: Yes, Vampires... they have attacked our townfolks for several nights now. It gets worse with each attack
Player: What is being done about this
Guard: I'm not sure, the Priest Gerilus Minasus seems to know more about Vampires than anyone I know, maybe you should speak with him.

Go to the Temple of Kynareth and speak with Gerilus Minasus

Player: I seek Gerilus Minasus
Minasus: May Kynareth Bless you. I am Gerilus Minasus
Player: The guard told me you might know something about these vampire attacks
Minasus: I do not know why they attack our people, but I do have a way to find out, if you are willing
Player Opt A : Yes I can help
Opt B : I am busy now, maybe later

Minasus: Opt A : Thank you... here is a gem stone, it is special, it will allow you to capture the essence of a vampire, catch one and bring it to me.
Opt B: As you wish, but later may be too later for our citizens

The player leaves the temple and enters the town, walk around a bit and soon you'll be attacked by a vampire... no chance to catch it, just fight it and kill it. Check its body... find normal loot

Move around some more and you'll be attacked by another, again kill this vampire, check the body and their is a note

Note
Kill Gerilus and meet me at the north gate
M

Go to the north gate, wait for a short period and two vampires will appear
fight them after the first is defeated the second will cower...

Vamp: Please Please do not destroy me I only do my masters biding
Player: Who is your master and why is he trying to kill the priest
Vamp: I can not tell you this
Player: Tell, me or I will destroy you
Vamp: You have the gem.. no ... no... I will tell you
Player: Start talking bloodsucker
Vamp: My master is Mordakian, he.. he is in the Tomb of Nohrgrim..he he..... Arggggggggggggggggggggggggg

(At that time the gemstone activates and sucks the vamps essence into
it)

Journal: I have the essence of a vampire within the Gem, I should return to the Priest Gerilus Minasus
Return to Gerilus:

Gerilus: Do you have the Vampire?
Player (A) Yes
Player (B) No
Gerilus (B) Then please retuen to me when you have the vampire within the Gem
Gurilus (A) Ahhhh, very good, please leave me and I will have a messenger sent to you when I have un-cov....umm, when I've had time
to research this.

Journal: The Priest has told me he will have me sent for when he has done some more research, somehow I feel their is more to this. I think I will ask around town about the priest

Player goes to town (Steadhelm) and asks townfolk about priest

Here is where I would like the dialogue to be mixed up a bit

I would like some npc's to say,

1)"The Priest, yes he's new here...a nice man very much devoted to Kynareth"

2)"The priest, yes he's new here...spends alot of time at the Traders Guild

3) The Priest, Yes nice man... friendly with that Usher Indarys fellow

putting 2 and 2 together go to the traders guild in Steadhelm and speak with Usher

Player: Is thier anything you can tell me about the priest
Usher: Ah Gerilus, a loyal patron, makes many purchases from me
Player: What kind of purchases
Usher: Mostly potions and scrolls I think he's doing some type of research.... he seems very excited when a shipment arrives, after he gets his products he disappears into his home for days before he comes out again

Journal: The Merchant Usher Indarys says that the priest often buys potions and scrolls then goes to his home and doesn't come out for days, maybe I should check his home
Go to Gerilus' home and search, you'll find a hidden door leading to a lab where you'll find many books about vampires, scrolls and potions and a "personal journal"

Journal: I have read the priests personal journal...it appears that their is more to this than I thought... I think I should go to the priest and have a nice talk with him!

(The diary is basically gerilus' story of how he was a prosperous street merchant in the Imperial city when one day he met Felina another Merchant who set up tent across from him, over time they fell in love and just before the wedding Felina was abducted by vampires, Gerilus spent his entire fortune and tracked the clan and finally found them here...he posed as a priest to cover his identity and now just outside of Steadhelm the clan has set up a new home, he believes, that Felina (though she is vile and discusting vampire) is with them and he hopes to find a cure and save her)

(So you see this story is 2 fold, as the Gerilus quests unfold the player will be introduced to the Cerro Clan as the goal is common, to find a cure)

The details of the other portions of this quest are not important at this time and will be worked out

in a nutshell
Gerilus is confronted he admits and asks for help
The player agrees and goes to the place where Gerilus believes the clan is located Nohrgrim Tomb
Player meets Macares Dren at the Tomb who will mutter some words and disappear
Player finds the Vampire Crypt within the tomb but can not enter
Player finds exit where Dren disappeared, Fights golem and gains enterance to the maze
(Note all these interiors are completed)
End of maze takes player to Cedrics Masouleum, where player will witness Dren being killed by Mordakian, dialague between player and Mordakian then battle, after defeating Mordakian (Suck Mordakian's essence into special gem #2) take his key to the crypt

Before leaving cedric's player will get a message

" You see what appears to be a shadowy figure in the corner, you look, but nothing is their (!!!! Cerro!!!!)

Player goes to crypt

Find Felina

Fight other vampires

Suck Felina's essence into Special Gem #3

(You should now have 2 special gems , 1 Mordakian and 1 Felina + the 1 that Gerilus has, This is important for later on)

Return to Gerilus and surrender the gems (Get a nice reward)

Talk to Gerilus about his plans to find a cure

Quest #2

Finding the Cure...visiting Molag Bal

Details ??????

If the player has been throught the Vampire Quests allready, he/she will know to visit Molag Bal and will tell Gerilus this information

If not the Gerilus will indicate that he has read about the Daedra Molag Bal and his ability to cure disease

He will ask you to meet him in Bal Ur and he will be their with Felina in the Gem
Molag Bal will require one of the Gems as payment, give him the first gem
Molag Bal will tell you that he spoke with Vaernima and she is un-willing to surrender the cure But offers information to find the enterence to her
plane (Quagmire)
This will be 1 of 5 clues to the location of the teleport field

When you leave Bal Ur you'll get another message box

You see a shadowy figure as you turn to leave, a closer look and nothing is their...

Gerilus: This was a waste of time
Player : It seems that way, but we did get some information
Gerilus: Yes, Yes and I read something about this place in one
of my books.

Journal:
I met with Gerilus in Bal Ur after a payment to the Daedra Lord he only offered information, Poor Gerilus is unsure of what to do, he wants to
meet me back in Steadhelm at his home
As I was leaving I saw something strange, a figure like I saw at the
Crypt...this vampire stuff is getting to me, I'll need a vacation

Return to Steadhelm and meet Gerilus in his home
He will read to you clue #2 to finding Vaernima's Realm Entry

more to come

I know this is alot to absorb

any suggestions

Enjoy
Bob

09-16-2008, 11:00 AM,

So this was the plan for Morrowind, since it involves Bal Ur?

If we wanted to make an Oblivion version, I guess we could use a shrine like in-game.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-16-2008, 06:56 PM,

Yes

Morrowind only

If we do decide to go with a like quest for Oblivion a summoning shrine would work just fine

Enjoy
Bob

09-16-2008, 11:02 PM,

Well that looks like a pretty solid quest plan to me. What work needs to be done to improve it?

09-17-2008, 03:55 AM,

For starters we need to build the interiors

I had started awhile ago but everything is now gone

The Cerro made their home in Silgrad, eventually thier underground lair was covered up by the University, over time they realised they would need to venture out to grow the clan, and eventually embark on the quest to find a cure

Because of their unique ability to keep a normal dunmer appearence for long periods (a result of some good alchemy work) it was easy for them
gain power in the House and to have some buisnesses which they used to keep the income following and also to provide them with new (un-willing) members

So the interiors will include the following

From the University of Silgrad, hidden enterence to the

Catacombs & Tombs
Below this would be the
Grand Hall,General Quarters, and Laboratories
Storage facilities
Slave (Cattle) Facilities, Underground farms (we were going to use the Gaedra Project Farms for this if TBK is still willing) if not we can make them, beneath this
The Library and the Elders Quarters
Beneath this is the
Elder Crypt

This is were the Elders (from the beginning time are kept) because they have degenerated so much they had to be locked up here in this magically sealed place, the Player will have to enter this crypt to obtain one of the components of the cure

Of course their is Vaernima's Realm (this should be rather interesting)

That should be enough for now

Enjoy
Bob

We will need new Robes, Some new books (witten) some new ingrediants (name only not new models)

most of these things we have available

09-17-2008, 09:50 AM,

Sounds good. Shouldn't be too hard, apart from the questing. But that perhaps we could get someone else to do if we ask nicely? Smile

09-17-2008, 10:55 AM,

Asking nicely ... got two variations for that.

Greetings,

Quentin

P.S.: that all sounds very nice, I agree. It also gives me more ideas how to make the hidden entrance at the University.

Q.
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
09-17-2008, 11:21 AM,

I like your persuasion techniques.... most convincing Big Grin

09-17-2008, 01:03 PM,

I'd say one or the other should work

We need to put the quest plan together a bit more
then a good recruiting plug might help

I have never been very good at thatm hence our low head count. Most attempts to gain help have yielded a few, "thanks for letting us know bob: or "that sounds great, good luck"

Enjoy
Bob