Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't find the road to Silgrad Tower?
08-30-2008, 10:03 PM,
Can't find the road to Silgrad Tower?
Ok I downloaded this a while ago and I LOVE IT. Only I saw this thing called "The Road To Silgrad Tower" on here but when I go there it isn't there. And what's the point when the mod spawns the 2 portals in Cheydinhal??? Please answer, I just want to know what the road thing is when I can just use the portals...
08-30-2008, 10:13 PM,
RE: Question
Quote:Originally posted by phoenix
Ok I downloaded this a while ago and I LOVE IT. Only I saw this thing called "The Road To Silgrad Tower" on here but when I go there it isn't there. And what's the point when the mod spawns the 2 portals in Cheydinhal??? Please answer, I just want to know what the road thing is when I can just use the portals...

If you see portals in Cheydinhal you must have downloaded a very old version of the wip release, from before the road to silgrad tower was added. Can I ask where you got it from? While we don't support our old wip releases (the latest of which was 2.5) you can still download it from Planet ElderScrolls.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-30-2008, 10:27 PM,
RE: Question
God, wow....I can;t rmember where I got it exactly...It was fileplanet or something...I downloaded it and I love it but it isn't very new??? OK I'm gonna try to install the new version but I can't remember all of the files from the old version I installed...When I install the new version Will it conflict with the old one's files when I can install it right? Or will it just replace the files? Also...one question...There's this random place with like this huge tunnel straight down and these Shadow things and you can go to this dwarf looking place but it obviously isn't done...I saw a thing about a Dwemer city on here is the one I'm talking about part of the older mod or some completely different mod I just didn't know came with it? And I saw the thing about the portals in the readme... Sorry kind of a dumb question...
08-31-2008, 12:45 AM,

Aah, kk. It sounds to me like you do have the last wip release, because the huge tunnel is part of the road to silgrad tower and going through it takes you to the lands of our mod. But I should give you a fair warning that the version of our mod you've download is veeery wip and, to be perfectly honest, will probably disappoint you. We've gotten a helluva lot of work done since the wip release in Feb. 2007 and the internal version of our mod exceeds the wip release by leaps and bounds. So much so that we don't really want folks to download the wip release anymore - they can if they want, for the time being (it'll be replaced with a teaser mod soon), but they will get the wrong impression by playing it. It gives an accurate impression of what our progress was 1½ years ago, not what our progress is today. Pleeeeease bear that in mind if you play the old wip release. Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
08-31-2008, 12:50 AM,

Well I just downloaded the one that's the .7Z and stuff and put it in but now that I downloaded the .7Z thing, all my MOD files are .7Z and have this little knife and stuff as the menu icon for all of them. Also when I downloaded it from here I couldn't find the .esm file! Tell me if I did anything wrong...Also I don't think I got the wrong impression from the old wip file becasue it got me to sign up on here and download the new I loved it so much lol. So what all does the new one have the old one didn't? Actually...Don't tell me it'll be a surprise lol. But pelase help me figure out how to install it...I've installed like 30 in the past fine but now all the icons are the little knife and stuff...

Edit 2008.08.31 23:00 C.E.T.:
Ok I just installed the mod but there's all these random brown spots on the ground....That isn't where buildings are supposed to be right?
08-31-2008, 09:29 PM,
RE: brown spots
Quote:Originally posted by phoenix
Ok I just installed the mod but there's all these random brown spots on the ground....That isn't where buildings are supposed to be right?

Could you provide more information about the error you experienced?

My best guess with the limited information you supplied is that you're looking at Soluthis in the Construction Set in one of the city's child worldspaces, because doing that would certainly give the impression that buildings are missing. They're not, they're just located in another worldspace.
Angel mired in filth
09-01-2008, 07:47 PM,
Problem solved
Ok guys sorry, I now realize how dumb those questions were and how stupid I was. First off I downloaded the Morrowind mod cuz I didn't see the link at the top for download. Then I didn't talk to the guy about where to go. Then I realized there was a map on this site lolz....OK I downloaded it and eveyrhting it is AMAZING. It's the best mod ever pretty much, good work guys and everyone who did anything with this. I can't wait till it's all done..If it ever gets all done or if you will just keep continually adding stuff to this? Must've taked you years...
09-03-2008, 10:13 AM,

I'm glad your problems worked out, and that you liked our work Smile

We'll certainly bring our mod to a point where players feel it's finished, but we'll keep working on it and adding new stuff to it after that point as well.

(I merged your other two threads to this one, hope you don't mind.)
Angel mired in filth
09-08-2008, 10:02 PM,

No that's fine lol. One question if you don't mind...I don't know if I looked hard enough on the forums but anyways I can't find Silgrad Tower. Is it just not in the mod yet and you're not done with it or did I go the wrong way lol? I followed the road signs from Soluthis for like an hour then hit these huge mountains and after about half an hour all there was was huge mountains I'm guessing were the Velothi ones along the outside of the map and I can not find it anywhere...
09-09-2008, 08:37 AM,

It's not in ST v2.5.

Gameplan for v3.0 and current status.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD