Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soluthis Location #003 (old discussion)
10-03-2007, 08:48 PM,

Well, I first sent them by e-mail, both of the jpegs in one mail. But then it failed to sent it to you because it was too large. So I've sent it again, but now in two parts. I think you should receive them very soon. Smile I've sent them to your Yahoo adress.

Bye,

Sanpicture
You're a prisoner about to set free...

... And away we go.
10-04-2007, 08:10 AM,

I encountered a problem today concerning the SilgradTower2.5.7z file. I thought everything went fine when I installed it yesterday, but now it appears that nothing is actually in the Oblivion -> Data folder. It tried to unzip the file again, and at 60% or so it gave me an error saying that he couldn't open an ink. file. And when it was finished it gave me an error that none of the files had been copied to the Oblivion -> Data folder.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Sanpicture

... And away we go.
10-04-2007, 08:19 AM,

I've recieved now, and replied via email. :goodjob:

Ink files are windows shortcuts. The file ending is usually hidden in Windows.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-04-2007, 02:53 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I've recieved now, and replied via email. :goodjob:

Ink files are windows shortcuts. The file ending is usually hidden in Windows.

Ok. Smile But why would the program fail to unzip such a file? And afterwards fail to unzip all the files? Maybe I'll need to use some other unzip software. Any recommendations? Smile

Bye,

Sanpicture

... And away we go.
10-04-2007, 09:55 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Sanpicture
Ok. Smile But why would the program fail to unzip such a file? And afterwards fail to unzip all the files? Maybe I'll need to use some other unzip software. Any recommendations? Smile

Bye,

Sanpicture

Aah, you weren't using 7-Zip? You must use that program to extract the contents. Some folks try to use winRar and similar programs because it can extract most 7z files, but not the ones that have such heavy compression as we use.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
10-05-2007, 06:42 AM,

Hehe... I forgot that. Tongue
I'll try it again using 7-zip. Thanks! Smile

... And away we go.
10-05-2007, 11:09 AM,

I've used 7-zip this time, but the same problem occurs.
He says that he can't copy C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\meshes\ST\Imperial\Decoration\Exterior\Roadsigns\Use FurnComFence01 as pole.Ink
Altough that's the only error the program gives me, none of the files are actually copied. That is, when I look inside the Oblivion\Data folder nothing of the Silgrad Tower project is there. Maybe the files are hidden, but even when I click the 'show hidden files' button nothing is displayed. The esp. files are also not in the folder. Sad

... And away we go.
10-05-2007, 12:09 PM,

Aah, now I get it!

I left a private shortcut in the folder you mentioned. I've never heard of anyone before you having problems extracting the archive because of it though. The solution I'd recommend is to extract all folders manually except Data\meshes\ST\Imperial\Decoration\Exterior\Roadsigns. So when you first open the archive, doubleclick the Data folder. Select everything except "meshes", and drag-drop into the Data folder of your Oblivion install. Next, open the meshes folder and drag-drop everything except ST to your Data\meshes folder, and so on. Finally extract the contents of the last folder, but without selecting the shortcut.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Angel mired in filth
10-05-2007, 03:19 PM,

Thank you very much! Big Grin
I did as you told me, and everything seemed to work fine. But now, when I load the CS it freezes at 20%. It continues after a while but it gives me a lot of various errors 'till 100%. After that it gives me one topic error. And then, after the CS has loaded everything, it quits.
The errors are nearly always concerning the Silgrad Tower land. Do you know what might cause this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Sanpicture

... And away we go.
10-05-2007, 03:29 PM,

Did you load the ST esm v2.5 without the Travel esp?

If so, info concerning this problem.

You have to use the latest esm from the Source to start modding.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD