Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soluthis Location #003 (old discussion)
10-05-2007, 09:44 PM,

Yup, I've loaded the ST esm with the Travel esp. I've also downloaded the latest esm from the Source.
You're a prisoner about to set free...

... And away we go.
10-06-2007, 04:21 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Sanpicture
Yup, I've loaded the ST esm with the Travel esp. I've also downloaded the latest esm from the Source.

You shouldn't load the travel esp in the Construction Set. It's only meant for playing, and also only works with the esp from 2.5 - which shouldn't be used for modding. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-06-2007, 12:11 PM,

Not loading the travel esp. in the CS worked for me! Thank you very much! Big Grin
Wooo! Ready to start modding now! :bananarock:

... And away we go.
10-21-2007, 03:18 AM,

Any progress so far Sanpicture?

I've been working on Areya's Palace lately and have set up the entrance to the vault as well as well as the beginning of the vault's cell. The beginning is a piece of Redoran corridor that connects to a moldcave tileset piece, and from there on you can just continue modding the cell when you want. The vault is so far shielded behind an unopenable door, so there's no risk of players going down there unintentionally and seeing the void.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
12-01-2007, 10:45 AM,

Hello Razorwing,

Yes, there has been progress concerning the dungeon. I've finished the first level and I'm currently working on the second.
But I have stumbled upon quite a big problem. As you might know, I'm working on an iMac via BootCamp. That means I can run Windows software on a second 'drive' on my iMac which can run Windows XP. But a while ago BootCamp suddenly refuses to start for me. This wasn't completely new for me, but in the past I had been able to solve this problem. But now I couldn't solve it. I've phoned with the Apple Support Staff, but they couldn't really help me since I'm using a beta version of BootCamp. They told me to buy the newest version of BootCamp.
Now I've found a not too expensive pc (not an iMac) to run Windows XP and The Elder Scrolls on. But I'm saving money to buy it. So it can probably take a while before I'm able to work on my project again. And another big problem is that all my files are on the Windows XP 'drive' of my iMac, which I can't acces. Sad So I'll have to start all over again. Sad

Bye,

Sanpicture

... And away we go.
12-01-2007, 12:17 PM,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. For what it's worth I won't hound you about progress on the mine.

Not that I want to poke my nose where it doesn't belong but wouldn't it be cheaper to do like the Mac support guys suggested and buy a new version of BootCamp? Then again I can understand how having a PC on the side would be convenient. Smile
Angel mired in filth
12-17-2007, 06:39 AM,

Hi Razorwing!

I've bought a new version of BootCamp. To do so was, as you suggested, indeed cheaper than buying a new pc. So I installed BootCamp and went searching for my files, hoping that there was a slight chance of them still being on my mac. At one point I stumbled across a map named 'Back-up'. Then I remembered that my uncle installed some software that makes a back-up of your mac every 5 days or so. (Mac meaning both Windows part and Mac part in this case). So I opened the map and all my files were there! Big Grin Then I opened the .esp file of this dungeon and it was there! What a relief! Big Grin Not everything was saved since I last changed it (it makes a back-up every 5 days) but at least I don't have to start from scratch again.
I will start working again this friday, or maybe even earlier. It's almost holiday you see. Wink

Bye,

Sanpicture

EDIT: I already began working on the mine today and I've decided to revamp it. When I looked at the mine I found it quite linear. I wanted to give it a more 'rough and tumble' feeling. So I changed the 'lay-out'. But when I wanted to save my changes the CS crashed. Most annoying. And this effect is repeatable. Everytime I want to save something, the CS crashes. Do you have any idea what might cause this problem?
I think the CS really doesn't like me, because everytime I re-install it, it gives me lots of problems. *sigh* Confusedhrug:

... And away we go.
12-19-2007, 12:23 AM,

Glad to hear you're up and running again Smile Yeah, you gotta love backups. I back up everything I create or change in as short intervals as possible. Sometimes by uploading it somewhere through FTP - which is a great luxury - and sometimes by just emailing it to myself as an attachment. Helps me sleep at night to know that all my current progress is saved online should my computer have a meltdown.

Yeah, only five days in my timezone to go until Christmas Big Grin I can't wait to see the look on my wife's face when she opens her. I've refused to tell her what it is, and it's been driving her nuts for weeks.

I've never had the CS crash on me when I try to save. Sometimes it has refused to save a new esp, so the first thing I do when I start a new job after loading up the esm's is to save the esp. But crashed? Nope, not for me. Does it happen both when you try to save a new esp, and when you try to continue working on the backuped mine esp?

If nothing else works I guess the last option is to backup what you need and then reformat your harddrive. If it worked before it should work again on a clean install. While I haven't had the CS crash on my repeatedly like you have, I have had it refuse to work completely. It was after I installed the standalone Facegen program. Apparantly it screwed up something deep within the game because the problem came back even after reinstalling Oblivion. It would have been hard for me to go on without being able to use the Construction Set, so I bit the bullet and formatted my harddrive. Everything started working again after I reinstalled the game, and I steered clear of Facegen after that... But I think there's something to be said for a fresh clean start sometimes as well. Like spring cleaning. Big Grin Now, I can of course not guarantee or even make any predictions that formatting your harddrive will solve your particular problem, but if things aren't working and you can't mod then I think it's worth a shot.
Angel mired in filth
12-19-2007, 11:10 AM,

Hehe... Christmas Wink Same here Big Grin

I'll try what you described. But first I'll try to load it without the Shivering Isle esp, maybe that causes the trouble. Or do our files need to be Shivering Isles esp dependant? I thought there was a discussion about that some time ago. If not, maybe loading without the Shivering Isles esp works.
There's also a 'SilgradTowerTravel' esp (or something like that), does it requires to be loaded or can I disable it?

Bye,

Sanpicture

EDIT: I've tried to save the file without the Shivering Isles and the SilgradTowerTravel esp. It saved without problems. Then I tried to save it with only the Shivering Isles esp enabled. It again saved without troubles. So I can either use or not use the Shivering Isles esp.
After that I tried to save with only the SilgradTowerTravel esp enabled. The same error occured again: the CS crashed. So the file that causes the shut-down is the SilgradTowerTravel esp. Does it need to be loaded or can I disabled it?

EDIT2: I've attached the first level of the mine. It's not decorated yet, it's merely the lay-out. Smile

... And away we go.
12-19-2007, 12:43 PM,

Or do our files need to be Shivering Isles esp dependant?
No.
SI info.

There's also a 'SilgradTowerTravel' esp (or something like that), does it requires to be loaded..
Don't load the file.

It has to be loaded with the ST esm v2.5 (for playing), it makes the esm load order independent. It can't be used with another version of the esm (modding).

Make sure you use the latest version of the esm from the Source.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD