Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TES4Gecko 15.0 [Public read-only thread]
02-01-2008, 07:05 PM,
RE: New version
I copied several (complex) quests.
Then merged these to the esm, tested the quests, all went well. Smile

The dialogue dump and reading these dump files into an esp/esm is very handy.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-03-2008, 01:08 AM,
Yet Another Version
The changes:
  • Fixed a bug I introduced in v2 where renumbering INFOs on the clipboard side changed them on the plugin side, X(
  • Added "high form ID" to the info display at upper left of the display dialog,
  • Added (on the clipboard side) the ability to rename quests,
  • Now when renumbering a quest and its INFOs, any number equal to or greater than the current high form ID can be chosen. This allows for a duplicated quest to be renumbered to fit at the end of any ESM, given its high form ID.

Thanks,
Steve
02-07-2008, 08:55 PM,
Colorized for your pleasure
This experimental version colors the object entries to match the mod index that they are originally from. That color key is replicated on the master list. Basic white still indicates the currently-loaded plugin.

Let me know what you think,
Steve
02-09-2008, 10:48 PM,
Sorry about this sandor
Fixed a minor colormap bug where for an ESM the immediate parent was in pink instead of Gecko-standard yellow. Smile

Steve
02-10-2008, 03:51 PM,
RE: Sorry about this sandor
The colormap is very useful. :yes:

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-19-2008, 09:04 PM,
Now with mod alteration report
Right-click on the plugin name at the top of the tree to get the report option. What this report does is generate a list of all top-level objects in the plugin that share a mod index with one of the masters in its list. Obviously, these objects may have been intentionally altered, but it greatly reduces the list to scan. The exceptions to the top-level rule:
  • Dialogue - In addition to topics, includes "touched" responses too,
  • Cells (interior) - Includes all "touched" cells,
  • Worldspaces - Includes all "touched" worlds, a list of their "touched" exterior cells, and a list of all "touched" persistent references, which are stored under the worldsapace and not in an individual cell.

<p>Let me know what you think,
<br>Steve
02-20-2008, 12:20 PM,
RE: Now with mod alteration report
Great, I'll check the new version. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-20-2008, 02:22 PM,
RE: Now with mod alteration report
Better late then never

What is TES4Gecko

I hope not car insurance Smile

BOb
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-20-2008, 04:01 PM,

I have to kill that Gecko :lmao:
Morrowind Insurance Company. Now with Horse & Guar Insurance! :goodjob:

Ask about our Adventurer's Life Policy (sorry, it does not cover companions that you push off cliffs, throw into Oblivion gates, or eaten by that nearby hungry troll :eek: )
02-20-2008, 05:32 PM,

Rodan: In your biz, I can see why you'd be sensitive to that name. Big Grin

Bob: It's the Enchanted Editor for Oblivion. One of the "big three" in the OB world, with the other two being Wrye Bash and TES4Edit. Since TES4Gecko is sandor's preferred tool and it's written in Java (my language of choice), I've been adding features mostly designed with an eye toward making new dialogue quests and making it easier to extract lines for voice actors.

After this report, my next project with Gecko will be to add a way to "strip" a plugin down to a non-Oblivion-ESM-dependent form that would be useful only for loading under the 1.0 CS and making LIP files. This will be on the clipboard side so that one does not accidentally destroy their good plugin. This should make large-scale LIP file generation feasible for those making SI-based mods.

Steve