Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TES4Gecko 15.0 [Public read-only thread]
06-09-2008, 09:15 AM,

It's the quest for SCC0631 which I merged yesterday morning, it's not in v3.08.

It seems the esp which deletes the Gray Fox infos somehow keeps track of the final added quest and dial!

I'll upload the esm with a new test file so it's 100% compatible.

sandor has attached this image (downsized version):
[Image: th_12732_011C29C7.jpg]
011C29C7.jpg (362.28 KB)
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-09-2008, 01:13 PM,

OK, I won't worry about that form ID right now.

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
It seems the esp which deletes the Gray Fox infos somehow keeps track of the final added quest and dial!

I think that happened because the new quest added a GREETING, which added a new QSTI to the DIAL. Then you removed some INFOs from GREETING, which of course brought it into the ESP, but this time with a new QSTI in the list for that DIAL.

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
I'll upload the esm with a new test file so it's 100% compatible.

Let's make this new test ESP a real test! Some thoughts:
  • A longer run of linked PNAMs; choosing consecutive ones from the same topic & quest should work.
  • Same as above, but with the run interrupted by deselecting one or two in the middle.
  • All of the INFOs for a given topic & quest,
  • Anything you can come up with. Smile

Steve
06-09-2008, 03:16 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Let's make this new test ESP a real test! Some thoughts:
  • A longer run of linked PNAMs; choosing consecutive ones from the same topic & quest should work. ---> Test1
  • Same as above, but with the run interrupted by deselecting one or two in the middle. ---> Test2
  • All of the INFOs for a given topic & quest, ---> Test3

Steve

<p>I deleted all the ST Crime infos (GREETING) in the Test3 file--> No errors after merging.

<p>Test1 and Test2 produced the usual errors after merging, as listed in the editor warnings.

<p>The selected infos in the screenshots were deleted.

<p>
sandor has attached these images (downsized versions):<br>
[Image: th_12733_Test1.jpg] [Image: th_12734_Test2.jpg]
</p>

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-22-2008, 06:02 PM,

Problem.

If you use "toggle ignore" for an object and save the esm it affects every other entry like these were "toggle ignored" as well. The size of the esm remains the same.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-22-2008, 06:54 PM,

A couple of questions:
  • Can you reproduce this effect on a smaller ESP or is it only on the ST ESM?
  • Is this a new problem with my changes or a newly-discovered one?

Thanks,
Steve
06-22-2008, 07:02 PM,

A couple of questions:
  • Can you reproduce this effect on a smaller ESP or is it only on the ST ESM?
  • Is this a new problem with my changes or a newly-discovered one?

Thanks,
Steve
I discovered it when assembling the new VV esm (yesterday).
It's reproduceable (screenshot).

sandor has attached this image (downsized version):
[Image: th_13016_Test.jpg]
Test.jpg (224.40 KB)

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-06-2008, 06:21 AM,

I've looked at this starting just now; the issue seems to be in revalidating the plugin for the displayed tree. In other words, the plugin appears incorrect but was saved correctly. To test this do toggle ignore, save the plugin and then reload it; everything should then appear correctly.

Of course this behavior is grotesquely wrong and I will fix it. Smile But things still seem to work OK with the above workaround. If I am wrong, please let me know.

HTH,
Steve
07-07-2008, 12:15 AM,

I redid the redisplay after saving the plugin at the cost of a couple of seconds lag with a big honker like ST. Smile I'm going to try to do the merging specific regions feature.

Steve
07-08-2008, 01:36 PM,

I redid the redisplay after saving the plugin at the cost of a couple of seconds lag with a big honker like ST. Smile I'm going to try to do the merging specific regions feature...
Steve
Great. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-15-2008, 06:54 AM,
Another version
<p>This one adds a button to display subrecords as byte arrays regardless of the data type. That was added mostly for the cases I've missed; if I put an incorrect type in for a certain subrecord, this button lets you at least read the byte array until I fix it. Smile

<p>The big feature here though is the ability to limit the merging of exterior cells, but only when merging to master. What happens is that when the plugin to be merged contains exterior cells, a popup appears that gives the options to:
  • Merge all of the exterior cells,
  • Merge none of the exterior cells,
  • Merge some of the exterior cells, choosing by region. A list of all regions to which the cells belong is shown in plugin-worldspace-region format. The user can choose more than one region.
Since a cell can belong to multiple regions, if any of those regions match the chosen list, that cell is merged. This does not apply to persistent references, which are stored in a pseudo-cell, one per worldspace, and get merged regardless.

<p>Thanks,
<br>Steve