Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TES4Gecko 15.0 [Public read-only thread]
08-05-2008, 04:58 AM,
Generalized search
I think I have the cloning of worldspaces working. A couple of notes for those brave (or silly) Smile enough to try:
  • All items (refs, cells, etc.) with names get "GECKO" appended.
  • If you try to copy and clone all the persistent refs but only a subset of the cells, expect a bunch of warnings in the CS as it tries to place refs where there is no cell. Smile
However that's not why I put out this version. While I was trying to figure out how to search for a cell via its coordinates, I decided to generalize the searching functions. Now there is only one search pane, but it currently lets you search on
  • Form ID
  • Editor ID
  • Item name (FULL field)
  • X, Y coordinates (XCLC field;CELL only)
If anyone comes up with another quantity that would be useful to search upon, I can probably add it. BTW, the searches accept POSIX regular expressions which are not the same as those for Windows. Shall I fake it so that the simplest Windows regexes (like *aldero*) are also accepted?

Steve
08-08-2008, 06:29 PM,
RE: Generalized search
Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
However that's not why I put out this version. While I was trying to figure out how to search for a cell via its coordinates, I decided to generalize the searching functions. Now there is only one search pane, but it currently lets you search on
  • Form ID
  • Editor ID
  • Item name (FULL field)
  • X, Y coordinates (XCLC field;CELL only)
If anyone comes up with another quantity that would be useful to search upon, I can probably add it. BTW, the searches accept POSIX regular expressions which are not the same as those for Windows.
Steve
Could you add a search option for the cell ownership (XOWN)?

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Shall I fake it so that the simplest Windows regexes (like *aldero*) are also accepted?
Sounds like a good plan.

blue[/HR]
Would it be possible to add the following option?

Batch removing REFR records by their shared base object (FORM ID).
Perhaps allowing you to choose from multiple selections e.g. WS, regions and all interior cells.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-09-2008, 03:54 AM,

I looked at the Deepen Meadows area in the CS (though not for long) and it looks okay. I think Gecko is fine.
08-10-2008, 01:05 PM,

I used the new feature to merge [region claim] and created a new region for the claim area. The file had many contaminations and alterations outside the claimed area. After the merge everything was fine.

This saved me hours, in the past I would have rejected the file.

Inexperienced modders can submit very unclean landscape files and the Gecko will sort it out.

This is a major improvement in handling esm files!!! :goodjob:

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-15-2008, 02:35 AM,
Newest version
What has been added:
  • Searching on ownership ID (as requested) and reference base ID,
  • Ability to select the regions or child WSs of a WS from the WS,
  • Ability to select the persistent refs of an exterior cell from that cell,
  • Abiliity to toggle ignore on refs given the base IDs from a cell content group, region, WS content group, CELL top-level group or the entire plugin.
Also the * character can now be used in the search field as a simple wildcard as we're used to from Windows. Smile

The middle two items were to help with my possibly-useful WS dupe function. If this function is invoked on a WS on the clipboard side, that WS, all items within its group, and all regions bound to it are renumbered and if necessary renamed with an appended GECKO. Also any child WSs are similarly dealt with. To test this, either copy over a small WS or just a few cells from one like STLand; the searches above can be used to grab objects that are associated but "live" elsewhere in the plugin. I'm still not sure of the usefulness of this; I was hoping that copying just the few cells of FishIsland to a new WS might speed LOD generation. Since I have still not figured out LOD generation at all, Tongue I still do not know.

The last is pretty powerful. When used, it prompts for a comma-separated list of hex numbers which is then used to search throughout the selected group to find refs (REFR, ACRE, ACHR) with those IDs as the base (the NAME field) and then toggles the ignore flag. This can be summoned via right-click on:
  • cell content groups (interior or exterior): the one that share the ID with the CELL object,
  • WS content groups, analogous to the ones above,
  • A region object,
  • The entire CELL top-level group (interiors).
  • The entire plugin.
Doing the plugin can be lengthy for many references: 13-15 sec to find and toggle about 3300 references. Alse it should be noted that toggling at the region level will toggle persistent refs in the pseudo-CELL that are in the region, while a cell content group toggle only works within that group. To toggle persistent refs, that pseudo-CELL group must be selected at the cell content group level, though that is not necessary at the WS content group or region levels.

All for now,
Steve
08-21-2008, 07:03 PM,

Here's a quick & dirty, barely-tested version that implements exclusion regions. A note I forgot to put in is that excluding regions also excludes the senza ragione. Smile I also added an option to cancel the merge altogether from that window.

I've also overhauled the generation of silence files, but if anyone wants to to test that, there are other files I need to upload. This is more for the region stuff right now.

HTH,
Steve
08-21-2008, 07:06 PM,

Thanks for doing this on such short notice. Smile
08-21-2008, 07:33 PM,

I'll run a few test as per the request of SACarrow.
TID please wait for the final result.

TIA.

EDIT
@SACarrow
Thanks for the fast implementation. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-22-2008, 08:20 AM,

Would it be possible to batch replace REFR records by their shared base object (FORM ID)?

Perhaps allowing you to choose from multiple selections e.g. regions and all interior cells. The CS allows you to do so (by world, cell and selection) but you can't e.g. select a region.

blue[/HR]
I tested the toggle ignore on refs given the base IDs.
It worked fine, I already removed some stuff from the SC area. Smile
The WS cloning is on my to do list.

I'll post the results for the region exclusion tests within a few hours.

EDIT
The new region exclusion feature works fine.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-23-2008, 09:58 PM,
The very newest - now with MP3s!
Here is the newest Gecko, containing two major new features:
  • The ability to replace one ref base form ID with another,
  • Overhauled silent voice file generation.
I also found a setting that may make plugin tree scrolling a little faster. Smile

<p>For the replacement feature, just look in the same places as the toggle feature. The renamed silent voice feature (I never thought Generate Responses was clear enough) has been overhauled as follows:
  • Instead of 1 silent voice file, there are now 16: the classic one and silent ones from 1 to 15 seconds long,
  • The heuristics for choosing which races and genders have been expanded by:
    1. Considering quest conditions in addition to response conditions,
    2. Using the entire set of considered conditions (NPC & race) instead of just the last encountered.
      [/list=1] This is not a full logical analysis; I'm sure there are combos of conditions that will defeat this scheme, but they are probably stupid. Big Grin
    3. Each response has a different length voice file copied to it depending on word count; I used 4 words per second, but always rounding up. Smile This should mean the end of waiting 10 seconds for the end of "No." Big Grin
    Steve