Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ulfthred Village, Jarnhald Region
09-17-2008, 03:51 PM,
Ulfthred Village, Jarnhald Region
I will refer to this old post regarding the village and up date it as needed

Open claims: Jarnhald

Here is what the Village looks like now

One of the Interiors was completed by Ben Vagara (claim 2) and I believe Ashlander (claim 3) finished one as well, some time ago, it is in the archive somewhere, It is a vewry nice interior and I would not want to have to do it again, the interiors belongs to Skar and Sher Frostmane
I will look for it.. Claim 1 is a Tomb, if we go with the Stronghead Quest Idea then this tomb would contain the remains of the Nord ancestors and the remains of the Stronghead Father and Mother once the quest is completed

The other buildings have no interiors

I intended to add another building (Bristleback Inn) to accomidate the proposed quest

This post might spark Quentins memory as to what was/is proposed for the village, Steve did some work on the Ice goblin, I hope he still has those files and Quentin did the Ice Elf (nice work btw), if these files are not available I'm sure we can make them again :yes:

falmer and work done on Ulfthred Village

I'll add more to this if I've left anything out

EDIT

Here are the claims as they will be listed

Claim UV-001 Ulfthred Ancestral Tomb
Claim UV-002 Frostmane Home (Completed)
Claim UV-003 Silva Tanhide Home
Claim UV-004 Bristleback Inn **
Claim UV-005 Bjorn Ironfist Home

** See claim details

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
09-17-2008, 04:19 PM,

So, in a nutshell, there are two interiors to complete: an inn, and a Solstheim-style tomb?

Also, I've read about the problems surrounding the Falmer. We could always duck the controversy entirely and just call them "ice goblins". That way players can make up their own minds on the subject. What do you think?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-17-2008, 06:04 PM,

Yes pretty much 2 interiors

The Falmer issue I always like a good lore battle

My side

The Falmer were systematically hunted & killed by the Nords
Realistacally how many people stand around and watch their race
be destroyed ... answer... none.

they

1) fight and die
2) run for shelter

I think that no matter where you come from, theirs always someone or some group who will run and hide

this is my take on it... some ran and hid, some of those might have been found, but what are the chances that all were found ?

I know this goes against "LORE" but as I've always said Lore is what you make it, not all is known.....

back to real stuff... Yes we can call them Ice Goblins if needed

If your not inclinded to work on interiors how about books and stories

One thing a good nord loves to do is sing a song about some hero or triumph.
In this case our Hero(Nerevarine) will have defeated the Giant Snow Bear and helped the poor Stronghead children, they would write this story about him and sing those praises over a pint or 2 :cheers:

Enjoy
Bob

09-17-2008, 06:51 PM,

Quote:I know this goes against "LORE" but as I've always said Lore is what you make it, not all is known.....

Alright ... where shall I build this Altar of yours :worship:

But seriously, that's exactly my way of thinking (and it gave me some mighty good battles in the past) and I like your reasoning of what the Falmer would do when threatened with extinction.

Sparking my memory ... as far as I remember there was just the Northern Plateau in the beginning, uninhabitated wilderness, nothing more. I think - but I'm not sure - that Ben Vagara had the idea for a small settlement and thus planted what later was called Ulfthred village. More ... I can't remember so I think it would be best to bring in new ideas.

My Ice Elves ... first, glad that you like them. But where are they? *rummages through an old harddisk* ... to no avail, I'm afraid. I found tons of other different stuff, interesting things and files that just left me with a :eek: kind of feeling.

I fear there lots of lost treasures and for some I have no idea what they are / werre, but the Falmer have taken refuge in a folder I haven't found yet.

No problem, I could do it once, I'll be able to do it again. ;-) I just wish I had one of the textures to know what I changed and how ...

BTW, this link -> Open claims: Jarnhald doesn't work or rather leads to place where I'm not allowed to go.

Greetings,

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
09-17-2008, 07:01 PM,

:lmao:

I'm not worthy

Sorry bout the link, I don't know why some of them work and some don't RW said he'd look into it, He also thought you might have better luck getting Valderon's attention...... anyway

Yes we can start them again

I do not have the files I thought you might

I think Steve (SACarrow) still has his goblin textures so thats easy
enough

I was looking for the interiors I found once I did find the Frostmane home
So i think from their we can post open claims for the rest

I like the quest ideas I presented in the past, if no one has objection to those then I think we should go with it and I am much open for opinion and fine tuning, Its hard to make a good idea when I have had no one to critize and offer other options

I'm very happy that theirs others around to give me this growing input that is much needed

thanks all

I think this is going to be great !!!

Enjoy
New Diet Dr. Bob
not as much taste but lots more calories than the original Diet Dr. Bob

09-17-2008, 08:37 PM,

I think everyone has their own theory about the Falmer. Let's throw some fuel on the lore fires, shall we? Cool

My personal fave theory is that they were turned into ice-goblins when they fired up Snow-Throat Tower (that big mountain with the top missing in Skyrim). They were trying to escape from the mortal world but something went horribly wrong....

Anyway, the Falmer showed up in Shadowkey, that game for mobile phones. It's apparently official, too, because the events are mentioned in PGE3. Shadowkey was set only 50 years before Morrowind.

But one thing still puzzles me....

Nords in Morrowind? ?( What's that all about?

09-17-2008, 09:12 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza [...] Nords in Morrowind? ?( What's that all about?

I had a look at the area in the CS and Ulfthred village is definitely on the Western side of the gate so one could assume that this part of the mod is rather Skyrim than Morrowind ... or that it is at least very, very close to Skyrim ... or that the Dunmer had a very good look at the piece of land, decided that it wasn't worth battling about and that the Nords can keep it - as long as they stay on the other side of the Ancient Gate. ("Okay, okay ... you've won ... you can keep this ... this ... piece of rock with snow on top ... please ... just keep it.")

Greetings,

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
09-17-2008, 09:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza

Nords in Morrowind? ?( What's that all about?

To add to what Quentin said

I'm not sure I get your meaning?

Nords in Morrowind...They are all over Morrowind, not always liked but tolerated I'm sure

Consider the Fire thrown ! Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob

09-17-2008, 10:29 PM,

I meant a whole Nord village. But then I remembered Dagon Fel in Sheogorad. Big Grin

09-18-2008, 01:38 PM,

Right, I have installed the download, but nothing seems to display properly.

I also get a ton of error messages about dialogue. What have I done wrong?