Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TES4Gecko 15 Discussion Thread
09-23-2008, 09:03 PM,
TES4Gecko 15 Discussion Thread
I have (with dev_akm's approval) released TES4Gecko 15; the announcement thread is here on BSF. This is an open thread for TES4Gecko 15 discussion and complaints. Smile
09-27-2008, 10:27 PM,

I finally got it downloaded today. So far it looks pretty darn awesome.
06-05-2009, 10:35 PM,

Hello. I've just started using the newest version of TES4Gecko. Converting plugins to masters works fine, but every time I try to merge a plugin into a master file I get the message "Oblivion-Gecko.index" cannot be found (Access is Denied). Do you know what could be causing this?

By the way I am using Vista. I have heard that this may cause problems.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
06-06-2009, 05:13 AM,

I do not (and will not) have Vista. If anyone can give me a clearly-written HOWTO of installing Gecko under Vista, I will include it with credit. AFAIK Gecko must be installed under the C:\ (or equivalent) drive, not under Program Files, where Vista security comes into play.

HTH,
Steve
06-06-2009, 08:39 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
AFAIK Gecko must be installed under the C:\ (or equivalent) drive, not under Program Files, where Visa security comes into play.

HTH,
Steve
That's correct.

I use Vista as well without a problem, the "Oblivion-Gecko.index" is automatically created by the Gecko.

Since you get an error that indicates an "acces denied" problem check your security settings for the Gecko folder.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-06-2009, 12:18 PM,

Thankyou very much both of you.

I moved it to the C:/ directory and the message no longer displays. However, it now says it is "out of memory: Java Heap Space". Is there some way I can assign it more memory, or is this not really the problem?

06-06-2009, 02:18 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Thankyou very much both of you.

I moved it to the C:/ directory and the message no longer displays. However, it now says it is "out of memory: Java Heap Space". Is there some way I can assign it more memory, or is this not really the problem?
Add a similar line to the properties of your shortcut: "C:\Windows\System32\javaw.exe -Xmx1024m -jar "C:\Temp\Oblivion\TES4 Gecko WDS\TES4Gecko.jar"". Replace the latter part with your Gecko install path.
The "C:\Windows\System32\javaw.exe -Xmx1024m -jar" part arranges the memory assignment.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-06-2009, 05:20 PM,

Sorry, I don't quite understand. Do you add it into the "target" box or the "start in" box?

The location of my copy is:

"C:\temp\TES4Gecko 15.2\TES4Gecko.jar"

What should the full line of code be to set up the memory?

Sorry for being such a total noob, I've never had any dealings with Java before. ?(

06-07-2009, 08:08 AM,

Sorry, I don't quite understand. Do you add it into the "target" box or the "start in" box?
The target box.

The location of my copy is:

"C:\temp\TES4Gecko 15.2\TES4Gecko.jar"

What should the full line of code be to set up the memory?
It should look like this (exactly): C:\Windows\System32\javaw.exe -Xmx1024m -jar "C:\temp\TES4Gecko 15.2\TES4Gecko.jar"

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-07-2009, 10:11 AM,

Thanks again Sandor. I have done exactly what you said, but it still says access is denied. I have tried ticking every box in the permissions list of the security section, but this had no effect.