Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hist Saplings
09-28-2008, 01:33 AM,
Hist Saplings
Right, at this stage, we really need some Hist models for the Argonian villages.

I think this concept art made by Swedishfish would be a good place to start:

http://img76.imageshack.us/my.php?image=histtree4iq.jpg

The Hist in the smaller Argonian tribes are probably quite small and relatively young, so this picture of a Hist sapling would work I think.

Do you think it would be possible to do this on speedtree, or would it have to be modelled separately?

Plus, KuKulza made this drawing of a more mature Hist tree:

http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/attachment.p...entid=5069

These are all the concepts I could find. Except for Bethesda's Hist tree, which was a bit rubbish frankly. A suggested lore explanation for why it looks like a normal tree was that they can shapeshift to a certain extent, or that it was damaged by being uprooted and transported in a pot, causing it to lose its natural appearance.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-28-2008, 10:36 AM,

Those are some nice models, but who can actually model?
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
09-28-2008, 12:35 PM,

If you fancy using some ambients to spread around the trees and give them a more otherworldly feel, it may be possible to take some ambients out of 'Thief 2' and the pagan woods that they had there. There are some very spooky, echoing, knock-on-wood noises that combine with jingling, woodchime sounds.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-28-2008, 04:56 PM,

It's a good idea, now, does anyone here have thief 2?
Member of -
09-28-2008, 05:53 PM,

Me Cool . I'm very familiar with it. That's where I started modding. Would you like me to see if I can find the ambients in question?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
09-28-2008, 06:03 PM,

Well, It would be very usefull. So, if you have the time, then yes please Smile
Member of -
09-28-2008, 07:36 PM,

While I think using the ambients from Thief 2 would be great, remember that Bethsoft has a 'no assets from other games' policy regarding mods.

Unless, of course, the assets are free use with Looking Glass being dead.
09-28-2008, 07:47 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by nick_opUnless, of course, the assets are free use with Looking Glass being dead.

Cool I believe that to be the case. I could verify that over on the TTLG forums though, if you like, but I'd already considered the possibility that they might be strictly 'verboten' when I posted initially.
09-29-2008, 08:26 AM,

That's true. It's not allowed to use any resources from other games.
Member of -
09-29-2008, 09:14 AM,

In the meantime, I will PM Senten and see if he can make either of those trees. He's good with Speedtree - he made a lot of new trees for Summerset Isles.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!