Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hist Saplings
09-29-2008, 10:13 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Cool I believe that to be the case. I could verify that over on the TTLG forums though, if you like, but I'd already considered the possibility that they might be strictly 'verboten' when I posted initially.
It's hard to say. I know some Baldur's Gate assets were used in one mod, and that seems to have been ok. Still, it might be worth checking before we use tham rather than after having gone through the effort to get them into Oblivion's format and implement them.
09-29-2008, 07:47 PM,

Okay, I'll have to get on to my old contacts at TTLG. They'll know. At the moment, I gotta go but if I don't offer an update on this thread within 2-3 days, can someone give me a nudge (PM) to remind me?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
12-15-2008, 10:13 PM,

I made a "Hist" Tree for test.

[Image: HistTreeTest01.jpg]

Useable?
12-15-2008, 10:17 PM,

Definitely! I really like the leaves and flower style you've chosen. For a young tree, I think that could work. Do you think you could make an older (much bigger and more twisted) tree? Big Grin
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
12-15-2008, 10:34 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Definitely! I really like the leaves and flower style you've chosen. For a young tree, I think that could work. Do you think you could make an older (much bigger and more twisted) tree? Big Grin

Of course.Tomorrow hopefully i can make an older version.Glad you like it. Smile
12-15-2008, 11:24 PM,

Frickin' awesome, Senten! I think we may have to kidnap you and force you to continue working on Black Marsh... :yes:

I am imagining that a few of the SI effects will work wonders with this and make the whole thing very magical and enchanting indeed!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
12-24-2008, 02:41 PM,

Its have a little problem.

The branches in the game,isn't looks like than in this picture.
And its isn't fixable.

So the Hist tree must have to make in nif.

If somebody wanna model it,i can send to the modeller the textures.
Koniption?or Llamaranger?
12-24-2008, 02:59 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Senten
Its have a little problem.

The branches in the game,isn't looks like than in this picture.
And its isn't fixable.

So the Hist tree must have to make in nif.

If somebody wanna model it,i can send to the modeller the textures.
Koniption?or Llamaranger?

I'm not taking on anymore modeling/animation projects for now. I already have about five projects I have to finish, two of them being large projects.

What exactly does the hist tree look like ingame? Can you post a screenshot? I want to visually see what the problem is with the tree in game.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
12-24-2008, 03:18 PM,

Okay here is the problem:

The Planned & The CS Version

Isn't looks cool with speedtree.
12-24-2008, 03:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Senten
Okay here is the problem:

The Planned & The CS Version

Isn't looks cool with speedtree.

Hmm, I don't use speedtree, so I don't know that program. It seems something is going wrong on your export of that tree..maybe wrong export settings? Do you have any flora mods installed, like "Natural Vegetation", "Natural Habitat" - basically those "Natural Environment" mods or similar? Those *might* cause a problem, but I'm not sure.

If nothing else, maybe someone else who uses speedtree will come along and help you soon.

Als, it seems the tree's branches in game are less twisted from the top center, than in the speedtree prgram.....maybe you can make the tree look correct in game, by twisting the branches even closer together in speedtree, to offset the untwisting ratio that happens in game. Just a thought. I don't know it it'll work.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool