Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morag Tong "bible"
10-10-2008, 03:28 AM,

I think the "bible" will be a book for the layman - the people who are not assassins, but who still want to know what the MT is.

As such, it won't have higher-level info, but will act as an introduction to the Morag Tong. Higher-ranking members get additional information through dialogue and perhaps a few letters, other documents, etc. which can be made later on
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
10-10-2008, 04:21 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Ooh, I do like that title ShadowDancer.

As for the ending, the humor's great, but that'd come down to the decision of whomever wants to do the book, though I do hope they'd be willing to include something along those lines.

Since I don't think i've really made it clear, anybody who wants to can take this book claim! All it requires is some inspirational writing, knowledge of the MT, and a basic understanding of text-formatting.

Hmm, in that case, I think that I want to claim this one. I think I can work through all of the items and come up with some "inner guild" secrets that they wouldn't want just anyone to know about. :brew:

Edit: Is it just me or does that smilie sortof resemble my avatar?
10-11-2008, 05:56 PM,

Alright :check:

The book claim's yours then, have fun with it. Remember, this book only contains the mostly mundane stuff, but if you'd like to do a second, more secret book that we could hide somewhere that'd be ok too.

Maybe it could be the half of the book that the Morag Tong wouldn't allow published (and were willing to assassinate someone over).
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
10-11-2008, 07:09 PM,

I was thinking about the following for the book:

Title: Unraveling the Morag Tong
Author: Anonymous

"While many of the Empire’s citizens outside of Morrowind would look upon the Morag Tong as merely another guild of assassins imitating the Dark Brotherhood, the truth of the matter is far more complex. The Morag Tong, or Black Glove as they are sometimes referred to, is actually the predecessor to the Dark Brotherhood. Furthermore, unlike the Dark Brotherhood, the Morag Tong is officially sanctioned by the province of Morrowind as a legal avenue for the settlement of disputes through the use of assassination. By this fact alone the Morag Tong is tacitly sanctioned, albeit grudgingly, by the Empire, at least as far as being allowed to operate and function within the province of Morrowind.

Additionally, with the official backing of the Morrowind province comes the legal power to write out Honorable Writs of Execution. These writs indemnify the executioner from any and all legal ramifications associated with Morag Tong related business, be it public execution, private execution, or a House War execution. While this might give one the impression of causing chaos and disorder, the effect produced often appears to be the opposite. The Morag Tong, in fact, view themselves as a means of preventing greater amounts of bloodshed through selective and calculated executions. While this could perhaps be attributed to the peculiar legal nature of the Morag Tong, it is more likely due to the ancient traditions and rigid codes of conduct expected to be followed by any candidate recruited into the Morag Tong.

While the Morag Tong is steeped in tradition and secrecy, there is no denying that they are an ancient order whose inception is commonly attributed to the Daedra Mephala. Whether there is any actual truth to this is undeterminable, but as Mephala is associated with murder and secrets, it goes a long way towards explaining the mysterious nature of the Morag Tong, especially since the Dunmer have a long history of associating with the Daedric Princes.

However their dispute with the Dark Brotherhood is of a more determinable nature. Although many tomes have been written about how the Morag Tong and the Dark Brotherhood split over ideological differences, few can deny the fact that the Dark Brotherhood is far less sophisticated and a great deal more obvious in its assassinations than the Morag Tong with one exception: the assassination of Potentate Versidue-Shaie in 2E 324 where the assassin scrawled the words ‘Morag Tong’ on the wall in the Potentate’s blo...

[Editor’s Note: At this point the original writing trails off on a blood stained page except for the following note written in a different hand.]

By Official and Honorable Writ of Execution, written out by the Sentinel of the Morag Tong, the author of this work has been executed per the sanctions and laws of Morrowind and the Morag Tong."

I wrote this before the concept of a second book was mentioned...But I could change it around a bit and add in a second book although it would be supposition as opposed to lore. But then again, all of the other books about the Morag Tong tend to contradict one another anyway so it wouldn't be anything new.

I could change the note to read that the rest of that page was covered in blood and that some following pages were obviously missing, and then there was a note from the Morag Tong and continue on the author's idea that the Dark Brotherhood framed the Morag Tong for the assassination of the Potentate in order to increase their profits by trying to put the Morag Tong out of business and to get trained assassins who survived the backlash of the Empire against the Morag Tong for it's Potentate being assassinated.
10-11-2008, 09:52 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Alright :check:

The book claim's yours then, have fun with it. Remember, this book only contains the mostly mundane stuff, but if you'd like to do a second, more secret book that we could hide somewhere that'd be ok too.

Maybe it could be the half of the book that the Morag Tong wouldn't allow published (and were willing to assassinate someone over).

Maybe a secret book of debtors, creditors and marks and other such nonesense that could be used to blackmail someone, which of course can be used to initiate a writ on someone else :idea1:

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
11-19-2008, 03:06 AM,

I have to admit, i nearly forgot about this over my absence, but looking at it, i like what was written. You may want to state somehow that the book is written for an imperial audience, because it explains many things that any Dunmer would already know, but that other races (and the PC) would not. It kinda seems imperial in tone also.

I'll read it a few more times when i've had more sleep, but it looks good, and if everyone else shares my opinion, i'll just add it into the next quest i make for the MT.

-- Sidenote, if anybody can format it nicely in oblivion's basic HTML, please please don't hesitate to do so! If nobody does it, i'll probably end up stealing the formatting from some other book, which is still ok, but not as nice or original.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala