Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Light at the End of the Tunnel
10-19-2008, 04:22 PM,
Light at the End of the Tunnel
This is intended to just be a random quest anyone can do; I remembered that quest in Bravil you do where you get tricked into going into an old fort, where you are supposed to be hunted by some rich noblemen for sport Smile Only here, its not rich noblemen Wink

Player goes into a bar in a small village, where an old man is sitting in the corner, wearing a hooded cloak and drinking on his own. Upon talking to the man, he tells you a story of ancient treasure buried deep within an old cave a few miles out of town. He tells you that he would go, but he is too old and weak now. In return for another round of drinks, he hands you an old key and a map (in true treasure hunting fashion Big Grin)

Upon reaching the cave, you find that it is a pitch black tunnel. The sound of dripping water around you, and the eerie moonlight dancing at the end of the tunnel, chills your spine. After walking about 50 metres forward, you can make out that it is the treasure up ahead which is under the light. But just as you are about halfway towards the treasure, the UI freezes, and the old man's voice croaks out from the deepest bowels of the cave:

"hah! another has fallen for our ancient trap! Brothers, tonight we drink blood from a fresh skull!"

Rocks fall all around you, and the floor falls beneath you. You land in a damp system of caves. it is completely pitch dark, so all you can use is night eye or torches (the old man could give you some at the start?) Now an then, a vampire launches himself at you, and you must kill him. As you progress, you find more and more victims of the clan. After killing a series of vampires, you finally reach the treasure again, and on a stone throne the old man sits, crooked.

(Originally, my plan was for this to be an opportunity to become a member of the clan, but I don't know what has been decided vampire-wise.

He talks to you, and taunts you. Here he would give you a choice to join them, or you could fight him. He would be very tough)

Upon killng him, you get to take all the treasure. Some natives could then congratulate you, and elevate you to a position within their town. Or a vampire-hunting faction could invite you.

all non-nooby ideas, suggestions and corrections welcome :goodjob:
Writer, Ideas, Concept
10-20-2008, 10:54 AM,

Sounds good. It completely turns the horrible "treasure map" quest cliche on its head. Personally I doubt that he'd let you join the clan after you've killed so many of his brethren, but then again he's immortal, so perhaps he can take the long view... Big Grin

Good stuff. I suggest you develop it as a standalone quest for now, because we can always add in the option to join a new faction at a later stage, and this particular story would work equally well either way.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-20-2008, 08:15 PM,

This would make an excellant addition to our Cerro Clan for ES3 quest

or as a stand alone quest for the Mages Guild Questline

Thanks for the submittal Coinneach
Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
10-20-2008, 08:15 PM,

thanks for the comments guys =) the quest is free for anyone and everyone who wants to use it; unfortunately I won't be able to actually mod the quest until I get home for Christmas and get a computer that can actually run oblivion lol :poorme:
Writer, Ideas, Concept
11-02-2008, 11:16 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Sounds good. It completely turns the horrible "treasure map" quest cliche on its head. Personally I doubt that he'd let you join the clan after you've killed so many of his brethren, but then again he's immortal, so perhaps he can take the long view... Big Grin

Good stuff. I suggest you develop it as a standalone quest for now, because we can always add in the option to join a new faction at a later stage, and this particular story would work equally well either way.

That would depend on what he is looking for actually. If the clan members are strong enough, they get to feed. If the individual is stronger than the clan, he is someone that would be welcome in strengthening the clan while removing the weakest parts of the clan. Perhaps this is just a smaller, weaker, part of the total clan and is used to test new applicants. If the idea is to find better and stronger individuals, it would certainly make for a reason for him welcoming you into the clan - survival of the fittest clan members. Darwinian theory applied to vampires. :lmao:
11-03-2008, 11:27 PM,

yeah, i was kind of thinking of Morrowind where Dagoth Ur still sees you as being able to join him as you are doing little more than dueling his minions (the natural stage of progression within the 6th House)

Still, it would be fun to be able to usurp the old man and use him as immortal cattle :chaos:
Writer, Ideas, Concept