Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sarpa/Garuda Dev Thread
12-24-2008, 06:21 PM,

Thanks Senten! At the moment, I'm going for a sequence of #25, 05 and 14 for the video but I'm wondering whether to also use one of the attached files as well, which will probably be #26 as #27 sounds too much like 'Gollum' to me. This may take me over the time I should allow if I mean to use Lalwende's samples as well.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
12-24-2008, 06:44 PM,

Sounds realy nice.
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
10-24-2010, 11:44 AM,

Can't believe I missed this thread, or more importantly the sound files in it. In any case, I like the Sarpa voice. It sounds like these creatures are really struggling to speak English.
10-24-2010, 03:55 PM,

Ah yes, I'd almost forgotten about this. TMJ's original Sarpa model goes way back to my early days with BM and this what was going to be included. Eventually, I hope to be able to do a complete generic voice set...but that Sarpa model has probably been the longest and most difficult saga in our modelling history. Shame, because they're crucial to my plans for the MQ. As far as the beta goes, I think it best just to have them silent. Creating a new generic voice set is hard enough work as it is without torturing my throat like this... =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
10-24-2010, 03:58 PM,

I thought there was only going to be one in the beta anyway, and it would be caged (which might explain why it would be silent anyway?)
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-24-2010, 04:01 PM,

If there are significant Sarpa characters we can have voices for them. I'm firmly against generic voices in general. The way voice acting is handled in Oblivion is rather ludicrous. Better to litter all the cities with NPCs who have nothing to say to you then to only add three who all have long and perfectly uninteresting dialogue.

In any case, the Sarpa would have their own language, I imagine, so it'd make perfect sense if only one or two of them spoke English at all, where as the rest would just bird-scowl at you if "activated".

I reckon a more ad hoc discussion for voice acting needs to take place. There are ways we can have BM fully voice acted while still keeping the actual number of spoken lines very low (by using a fundamentally different approach than vanilla Oblivion).
10-24-2010, 04:02 PM,

Aye, that's the plan... Wink
10-24-2010, 04:04 PM,

I see. That makes a lot more sense. So your average Joe Bloggs in the street will say something like "Can't you bother someone else?", and each individual character who's significant to the plot will have unique lines of dialogue?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-24-2010, 05:30 PM,

Yes, that's what I did for Silgrad Tower. I created complete new generic sets for Khajiit, Argonian, Nord and two sets of Imperials, upper and lower class. It took a looong time!
10-24-2010, 06:31 PM,

I continued the voice acting topic here.