Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orc Samples
10-26-2008, 11:57 AM,
Orc Samples
This is for the benefit of anyone who wants to take up the challenge of submitting a generic voice set for the Orc race. It's a tough one to do! I recently established a more convincing style than my previous efforts and the results are attached here.

My tips are as follows:

1) the throat sounds can be difficult for some but it's normally a case of finding a voice local to your region that matches. Once you've got that then you can normally begin working up from there and taking out a little of the accent as you go (and I do say 'a little' because accent works quite nicely at times). Copy a particularly gruff person and go from there.

2) Find something to stick inside your cheeks such as cotton wool. I've used large chunks of blu-tack in the past Big Grin but I would recommend something that's not chemically-produced Cool This should get you your "I have fangs in my mouth" effect.

3) Watch LOTR. The accents are generally cockney (London, England) or similar which, unfortunately, is the voice currently being used for the Lower Class Imperial voice set. However, it's a good starting point to get the savagery right. Obviously OB Orcs aren't quite as savage but the sharp-tongued LOTR Orcs can make for a good starting point.

Remember that a new voice may take a little time to establish so please work with it and see what you can come up with. Sometimes it's a case of being inspired by something you hear. It may not sound much like what I have here and yet still fit with the effect that's needed so don't take my samples as being the be-all-and-end-all.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]