Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwemer content
07-26-2012, 06:47 AM,
Dwemer content
Quote:Artifacts (UESP)
Dwemer artifacts are highly prized throughout the Empire for trade and collecting, although since they are technically the property of the Emperor under various Imperial charters, the sale of them is often illegal. This does not seem to stop artifacts from falling off the backs of wagons or otherwise disappearing into various collections. Everything from armor to housewares is greatly sought after, and smugglers will risk execution if caught for such a profitable trade. Dwemer weapons and armor are especially valued, renowned for their excellent craftsmanship and sturdy design. However, acquisition of these artifacts is extremely dangerous, chiefly due to the remote locations of the ruins, and the multitude of aged and unreliable Dwemer machinery within, including the Centurions and other Animunculi, as well as sophisticated traps of which the Dwemer were particularly fond.

Quote:Originally written by dietbob196045
The only Dwemer Ruin in the Silgrad region is Dumac, considering the current situation I am sure it would be completely void of any items. Some who escaped Vvardenfell may have brought items with them, Bandits would have looted anything they could prior to leaving Vvardenfell assuming they made it to the mainland. Maybe a shipwreck off the coast might provide some Dwemer loot.

From Skyrim I can see a few items, I did not see much in the way of Weapons and Armor in the Ruins of Skyrim. I would be very conservative in adding any of these items to Silgrad. Decorative items could be handled slightly less stringent, It would be more common that Higher ranked NPC's might have a decorative piece in their homes of course since the invasion of the Argonians these Items would definitly be confiscated, possible held in a storage area (spoils of war).

Rift Watch Smuggling quest would fit in nicely with Dwemer Items.

Legality ? - I think under the current situation no one would care if it was illegal I would hope that rebel Dunmer would melt these decorative items and or sell them outright to buy services to help in their cause (of course) trying to keep these transactions from the argonians.
Please check Bob's comment (bold text) regarding adding Dwemer content to our interiors.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD