Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore
01-27-2012, 09:07 AM,

I like Sniper4's comments, but I'm thinking that they would still govern the cities and be part of the main Hist, just being run like independent city states that are ultimately under the same control - kind of like how each city in Skyrim is run by a Jarl, or each city in Cyrodiil is run by a Count. In the same way we could have Argonian rulers (perhaps titled "Governor"?) that run their own city as the absolute ruler, but are themselves in service to Argonia.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
01-27-2012, 09:27 AM,

I think we could be more creative if the Argonian govenor based in Silgrad City only had technical dominion over all our mods lands. It's easier and simpler that way and we can have more varied run settements such as Soluthis being run by warlords etc.
01-27-2012, 07:47 PM,

Yeah, that sounds good. Smile

So perhaps we could say that the Governor has official control over this region, supposedly running it from his palace in SC, but only realisticly controls Silgrad City and runs it brutally with no care or respect for the people (as we mentioned earlier).
In reality, the war-torn land has fallen into chaos and is divided up between factions.

Perhaps we could divide cities and regions based on who controls them.
My suggestion:
SC - Argonians
Soluthis - a tribal faction, perhaps reminiscent of a Great House
Reich Parkeep - another faction at war with Soluthis faction - currently under ceasefire
Blacklight - perhaps divided amongst local gangs who control districts of the city
Bitter Coast - a faction of unusually organised raiders and bandits who are experts in guerilla warfare - are friendly to neutrals
Deepen Moor - a gang of brutal and sadistic bandits who are aggressive and hostile to anyone who is not one of them.

This could also be integrated into the MQ, as the player builds up the revolution, they must gain allies before they assault Silgrad City. They could proceed with a choices and consequences type questline where they could negotiate with, join or destroy some or all of these factions in order to build up the revolution and secure the lands around Silgrad. Not dissimilar to the MQ in Fallout:NV.

01-27-2012, 09:56 PM,

The only problem is: We are modding Silgrad City before anything else, if we are going to have the revolution in our first SC release like TID suggested then it can't use other factions from different cities.

TBH I don't think the idea of "building a revolution from outside" SC is feasible or a good idea considering the structure of the mod suggested by TID then put in the summary thread by Sniper4.

What does everyone else think?
01-27-2012, 10:52 PM,

True, true. In that case, let's stick to it being from within the city. Smile

I still think that we should have those factions and tribes around the landmass anyway, as it makes the world interesting, diverse and has loads of quest potential.

01-27-2012, 11:42 PM,

Yeah, I don't see why we wouldn't have some types of other factions you mentioned. Smile
03-14-2012, 03:54 AM,

Howdy

With regard, I did not see anywhere that it said the Argonians conqured all of morrowind, I do see that they took over much of the areas up to Red Mountain. I can understand they do not wish to colonize the area nor is their presence seem official.

The Argonian Legion held positions in Silgrad, southeast of the City, they also had clans of rebels in the Deepen Moor area. Although geographically Red Mountain is parallel to... say Steadhelm, I do not feel that they would have ventured this far as a military unit, I can however see factions of rebels engaging the Dunmer and others in those areas to control trade and resourses. I think this position may seem more realisitic as most cities are in ruins and the Argonians (especially) those of less then honorable intent would take advantage of this to set up Cartells of sorts in each of the cities, perhaps even a few groups fighting for control of said trade and resourses and of course using the ramaining locals to tend their needs.

If so I am sure the other side (being those remaing locals) may have set up similar groups to fight off the Argonian infiltration

I think this could work nicely

Enjoy

Bob
05-27-2013, 03:56 AM,

If I'm not mistaken they conquered much maybe all of vvardenfell but we're repelled by the Redoran on the mainland so they don't have much if any control on the mainland especially not blacklight and other Redoran controlled cities so no arsonists there!
08-13-2013, 10:59 PM,

State of Western Morrowind
Year 201 of the Fourth Era
An Overview

THE FIVE GREAT HOUSES

House Redoran (Blacklight, possibly Kragenmoor)

Controls Morrowind's current capital, Blacklight, to the North. Politically dominant in Morrowind, due to the key role they played in pushing back the Argonian horde in the beginning of the Fourth Era. Leaders of the Grand Council in Blacklight, which meets in the Rootspire.

(Anyone have thoughts on whether the Black Marsh would still hold Kragenmoor and Narsis after two centuries, or if Silgrad would be a "last outpost" of sorts for them? ?( It seemed to me like the Silgrad Argonians might find themselves a bit isolated, geographically, if the Black Marsh _hadn't_ maintained a presence in Kragenmoor and Narsis, but I'm not a lore expert.)

House Telvanni (Tel Gavros)

"In The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn, it is revealed that members of House Telvanni have settled on the island of Solstheim, led by Neloth from The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Neloth also states that the Telvanni still have holdings in Morrowind." (TES Wiki)

Represented at Tel Gavros in Western Morrowind. Tel Gavros was razed to the ground by the Argonians at the dawn of Fourth Era, but may have been regrown over the last century, much to the displeasure of the forces stationed at Silgrad Tower.

House Indoril (New Temple)

"While House Indoril still technically exists, the priesthood of the Temple are now considered one and the same with House Indoril - those who become priests are now considered to have "joined Indoril". The political power of the Indoril has thus passed entirely into the hands of the Temple (although members of the old House Indoril are still over-represented in the priesthood)

The rise of the New Temple has a number of parallels with the rise of House Redoran - each filled the vacuum of power resulting from the crisis of Red Year. How durable these new arrangements will prove, religious and political, remains to be seen. The span of two centuries is quite brief in the long history of the ancient Dunmer people."

- Reclamations, Dragonborn

House Sadras (Their seat would be in Narsis. Replaced House Hlaalu at the beginning of the Fourth Era. We know very little about them.)

House Dres (Absent in Western Morrowind. Holds Tear, far to the southeast.)

Possible in-character explanation for Hlaalu tileset use in Silgrad Tower, despite it being in a Redoran-dominated area:

Originally a Redoran border fortress centered around the Tower, Silgrad expanded to become a full-fledged city in the Hlaalu style during the early Third Era. Many major buildings were damaged when it was taken by the Argonians in 4E6, and have been left to decay over the centuries rather than being repaired or added to.
08-14-2013, 06:58 PM,

Thanks, I'll reply tomorrow. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD