Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where's the horse?
11-12-2008, 11:47 PM,
where's the horse?
Hi, I just downloaded this mod, great mod I have to say, really cool but, every time I go inside I lose my horse. Is this fixable or is it something your working on?
11-13-2008, 12:36 AM,
RE: where's the horse?
Quote:Originally posted by 1mjolnir1
Hi, I just downloaded this mod, great mod I have to say, really cool [...]
Thank you, and welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:

[...] every time I go inside I lose my horse. Is this fixable or is it something your working on?
Hm... I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with that issue. Someone else here might be though. What exactly happens?

Do you have any other mods active? If so, would you be able to list them, in case it's a mod conflict that's causing this?
11-13-2008, 12:50 AM,
well I suppose a quick solution would be a horse tracking mod, but yeah the horse tends to wander off, it nearly walked into the giant lake and I caught it just in time!
if it dies, are there any other horses that you can find other than the starting one?
11-13-2008, 02:41 AM,
well I suppose a quick solution would be a horse tracking mod, but yeah the horse tends to wander off, it nearly walked into the giant lake and I caught it just in time!
There's not much that can be done about that... that's probably a part of the horse's default artificial intelligence.*

if it dies, are there any other horses that you can find other than the starting one?
I don't believe so... but I don't remember much about what was in that release since it was so long ago. If there are any other horses, they'd likely be found in one of the cities.
Have you tried talking to the scout just outside the cave exit? For a bit of gold, you should be able to buy a quest that guides you to a set of portal doors (using the compass). These portals should take you directly to either Soluthis or Steadhelm.

* I should have probably mentioned that the 2.5 release is no longer supported, as it is very old and the internal version has much, much more progress. More information can be found here