Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to copy a part of the heightmap?
11-19-2008, 11:23 AM,
How to copy a part of the heightmap?
Hello, folks of Silgrad!

I read somewhere here that you're going to copy a part of the Cyrodiil/Tamriel world space to your own. Now I'm wondering how is that done, could someone please tell me?

Oh, another question: do you have any free 3D modelling program you would recommend to use for making Oblivion models?

Btw. can't wait for your next playable version of the mod, so hurry up! Smile
11-19-2008, 02:12 PM,
RE: Question about heightmap editor
Quote:Originally posted by LordHlaalu
Hello, folks of Silgrad!

Now I'm wondering how is that done, could someone please tell me?
I assume you know how to handle the HM editor.
  • Export the the HM quads from the worldspace (WS) you want to copy. Select the correct area and export the the HM quads (4).

• Rename the raws so that these are outside your own HM area. Assuming you only need one quad.
    I attached the grid (36 quads) for ST e.g. '-4_-4.raw' would be possible (lower left corner).

• Import the raw into your WS save etc.

• Go to the the area you want to copy and select it (lasso, square). Press CTRL+C and go to the HM location where you want to paste the copied content and press CTRL+V.

• Correct the borders using the smooth tool etc.

• When done, remove the -4_-4 quad with the Gecko.
That's all.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-19-2008, 05:40 PM,

Thanks a lot, Sandor. Can someone recommend a free modelling program for making Oblivion models?
11-19-2008, 05:45 PM,

In terms of free, I believe Blender with the NifTools scripts is the way to go. You can check out blender.org and the NifTools forums. I have no experience with Blender though.

HTH,
Steve
11-19-2008, 07:23 PM,

I use Blender, still haven't worked everything quite out yet, but I'm getting there. Big Grin A lot of people find Blender's interface very frustrating, but once you get past that, it can be a very powerful tool IMO.