Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Alpha WIP] Dumac Loading Screens
11-25-2008, 08:23 PM,
[Alpha WIP] Dumac Loading Screens
Ok this is just an idea at the moment, I have all i require other that ideas and screenshots. But i think it would be nice to have our own loading screens for our beloved Dumac City.

Image ideas so Far:

Dwemer Centurion
Shot of Jnaggo Armor
Shot of Synthesis Machine
Shots of Outer Dumac City

If you have any good screens of your dumca work then please send them to me, I will turn the best I can get into a few load screens.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
11-25-2008, 08:28 PM,

I'll see if i can take some outer dumac screens, as well as some from the test of patterns, i'll edit this post when i have them.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
11-25-2008, 08:29 PM,

Great

Here is a first test screen shot to show you, I am using an image from one of Mr Siika's Dwemer mods.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
11-26-2008, 03:45 PM,

I have been planning on asking about these loading screens too but i tought i would wait until dumac's a bit more complete than it currently is, you can get alot more different screens depending on how complete the whole area is.

Dont want to Hijack this topic or anything but here would be one made by me: Load Dumac if you would like to take a peek, its only a prototype load screen.

Heres also my other load screens done for Silgrad:Load screens
11-26-2008, 05:27 PM,

I did not know anyone was working on load screens for Dumac, if you want to do them then you can, as the mod progresses I will pass on some screenshots if you want.

I like your screen you made, as you can tell by mine the bightness needs adjusting a little.
11-26-2008, 06:56 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
I did not know anyone was working on load screens for Dumac, if you want to do them then you can, as the mod progresses I will pass on some screenshots if you want.

I like your screen you made, as you can tell by mine the bightness needs adjusting a little.

I would not mind doing them, i have no other work on Silgrad currently besides upgrading my dwemer ghosts. I would be more than glad if you help and others help taking screenshots, im good at making loading screens but not too good at finding good subjects to make in to ones.

for the brightness in the current pick, yeah it's a bit dark, its mainly because i took the screenshot at morning, and there isint that much lighting yet, i always use natural ingame lighting on my loadscreens, if you took a peek at the other load screens i made they have the same thing, natural ingame lighting.

As far as i understood beth also did the same thing on their load screens, could be i am wrong tough.
11-26-2008, 07:13 PM,

Great, saves me a job Big Grin

I will definately help getting you screenshots, I will hopefully have one of the new talking sword, its an easter egg but people wont relealise looking at a load screen.

I am also thinking of making some matching armor retexes, so I will take shots of it if its done.

Anyway, when you have a few shots, you should start dev thread to show what you have done and get feed back. I will remove this thread at that time.
11-26-2008, 07:30 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
Great, saves me a job Big Grin

I will definately help getting you screenshots, I will hopefully have one of the new talking sword, its an easter egg but people wont relealise looking at a load screen.

I am also thinking of making some matching armor retexes, so I will take shots of it if its done.

Anyway, when you have a few shots, you should start dev thread to show what you have done and get feed back. I will remove this thread at that time.

sure thing, ill go snap a few screens and start work from those, im currently at work and it takes quite alot of my strength, but ill work on them little by little. Im sure ill have my first proper load screen done by weekend.

shall i start the dev thread here under dumac city or should i start it somehwere more private? Otherwords, do you mind if it's wievable by everyone or?
11-26-2008, 07:36 PM,

I really liked those load screens I saw from the both of you. I think it's important to have a landscape 'city' shot as captain-ultima has there. However, it may be just me but I've always favoured the clearer photographic images in the central pane as opposed to the faded ones that create an impressionistic effect but don't give you much colour or detail.....
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
11-26-2008, 09:15 PM,

Well if all of you would like, i can leave the center image more clearer, i myself follow a quide that tries to make the load screens as close to Beths own style as possible.

By the way, load screens are quite big in file size, how many would be a suitable amount of screens for Dumac? Silgrad has 43 screens totalling in 21,5mb.