Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quest Ideas [Large/Medium/Mini]
12-01-2008, 10:08 PM,
Quest Ideas [Large/Medium/Mini]
Ok I thought it might be best to start a thread for discussing any quest ideas people might have. The more within-lore the better but really any ideas are welcome.

I think the best Ideas should then be put forward to actually be developed on further and then implemented.

Quest Ideas:

Miner Quest [Mini] - Bob196045
Me, Myself and I - Koniption
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
12-02-2008, 02:51 PM,

Here's a quest that might be a sidequest, or tie into the main quest somehow (maybe). I wrote this to include the talking sword, but if the sword is unusable, then maybe the persona being trapped in a gem or relic instead:

Ok, so I'm gonna take a stab at doing some creative thinking for a quest (my first one, actually, so bear with me; also there may be some background details I'm not aware of or lore I'm not aware of).

Ok, so you come across the crazy guy and take him to a sanitarium or some padded cell. And you have the talking sword in some sort of machine (or not in a machine - I'll explain both pathways later on). Well, how did the guy become crazy? How did the sword get around to talking in the first place?

See the crazy guy, in his past history, had always been crazy - he suffered from the Nirn equivalent of Split Personality Disorder, whereas two or more personas or personalities simultaneously inhabit his mind (or soul), taking turns as to which was present and dominant, of which the one that was dominant at the time interacted with the world through the crazy guy's body (talking to other people who were normal or what have you).

Somehow you find out, that the crazy guy, through some bizarre experiment or maybe just by accidentally getting too close to the machine, somehow got one of his personalities sort of "soul trapped" into the sword (this soul-trapped personality may even be the crazy guy's real self, or one of his odd ball personalities). Or, if no machine, some sort of special "soul gem" near the sword trapped his persona.

Well, you find the sword, and maybe the diary of the crazy guy says how his "genious" persona was trying to become the dominant persona over them all and the diary was written mostly by the genius persona, with some insane babble scattered here and there throughout the text when another persona took over temporarily. The genius persona was setting up the experiment in his dominant times, over time, to become sole heir of the body. But something went wrong, as the genious persona was about to throw the switch to the machine or use the gem, in a bout of bad timing, an idiot persona took over or something, and activated/chanted something wrong, so all personas were destroyed except for two personas: the insane idiot persona (is both an idiot and insane; insanity within insanity), and the persona that is the most well-rounded and that should have been in all natural occurences, the only persona of the guy's body.

So after this happens, the gem or machine breaks, pieces seen on the floor when the player get there. The insane idiot persona was left in the body, while the normal persona is in the sword.

Somehow you fix a new gem or fix the machine, and am now on a quest to help the crazy man regain his sanity. So you fix the machine or gem (find special pieces to fix it or something). Well somehow, the crazy guy got to the ruins too, from his padded cell. The insane idiot persona does something idiotic or insane, killing itself , but the player transfers the normal persona into the guy's body just in the nick of time. The machine or gem break again, but this time beyond repair. The guy gets up and is normal, thanks player, lives a normal life for the first time ever, happy ending, yay!! OR, the idiot persona is switched into the sword while the normal persona goes into the guy's body. The insane idiotic persona can also be criminally insane, and makes for a fine bloodlust sword after all!

THE END.

Koniption

PS - The crazy guy could be a different crazy guy or the same one in Main Quest.

If you want it to tie into Dwemer lore, didn't the Dwemer try to "ascend" to immortality? Maybe the machine/sword/relic capturing a persona was an early attempt to immortalize oneself, by putting oneself magically in objects that don't decay. But they found it didn't work so well or didn't work at all, and you couldn't do much being trapped in an object and all - gets rather boring, me thinks.
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
12-02-2008, 03:02 PM,

I like this as a stand-alone sidequst, which uses the sword. Maybe we could tie in the synthesis machine for this too, so you can use it to make the parts needed for this quest. Also we will need to inject a bit o' lore into it to make it fit more, but other than that I like it. It something different that I have not heard mentioned before.

What is the quest called?
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
12-02-2008, 03:08 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
I like this as a stand-alone sidequst, which uses the sword. Maybe we could tie in the synthesis machine for this too, so you can use it to make the parts needed for this quest. Also we will need to inject a bit o' lore into it to make it fit more, but other than that I like it. It something different that I have not heard mentioned before.

What is the quest called?

The quest is called, "Me, Myself, and I" Big Grin

I don't know that much lore, it's not my area of expertise. I know lore here and there from surfing various Elder Scrolls forums, but not nearly as much as some of you other people. So I'd need help tweaking my story to make it fit better.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
12-02-2008, 03:13 PM,
RE: Quest Ideas [Large/Medium/Mini]
Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
Ok I thought it might be best to start a thread for discussing any quest ideas people might have. The more within-lore the better but really any ideas are welcome.

I think the best Ideas should then be put forward to actually be developed on further and then implemented.

Quest Ideas:

Miner Quest [Mini] - Bob196045

Might I suggerst a Seperate Thread for Each of the Quests to be discussed as not to confuse old people like me Smile

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
12-02-2008, 03:44 PM,

This thread was planned to get ideas together for seperate quests, just basic ideas and then we could choose the ones we wanted in more detail.

Sorry if its confusing for ya bob Smile

I will set up a new thread for this quest, I like it :yes:

When posting ideas please post a name as well as the description, so everyone knows what description goes with what quest.

Ok, now to make a new thread.

Edit; New thread set up, op updated.
12-02-2008, 05:05 PM,

Thanks IS

I don't need any help with getting confused I'm pretty good at doing it to myself Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
12-02-2008, 05:55 PM,

No Problem :yes:
12-03-2008, 06:02 PM,

This is no longer needed.