Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential door fix
12-23-2008, 01:58 AM,
Potential door fix
I should have done this when I first heard about it. I'm sorry about that Sad

Folks modding in the city of Silgrad Tower have reported that they (sometimes?) had difficulty activating the doors to leave an interior. I always blamed it on the mesh collision I used in the Hlaalu tileset, but then someone here - whose name regrettably escapes me at the moment - discovered that an activation problem could be resolved by merely autosorting a nif's file tree in Nifskope.

I don't know for a fact that doing that on the Hlaalu doors will solve the problem, but I did it just the same and at least it's true they were not sorted the correct way before. I've added the fix to the next asset update but I figured someone might want to have the fix beforehand. In that case please extract the contents of the attached archive to your Oblivion\Data folder.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
12-23-2008, 02:31 AM,

I think it was Shadowdancer. I've been thinking about trying a PyFFI script to look at all the NIFs in a tree and only re-arrange the Havok in the ones that needed it, but my level of Python knowledge (nil) has prevented that to this point.

Steve
12-23-2008, 08:02 AM,

Aah yes, you're right Steve. Thankyou for uncovering that solution Shadowdancer Smile

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
I've been thinking about trying a PyFFI script to look at all the NIFs in a tree and only re-arrange the Havok in the ones that needed it, but my level of Python knowledge (nil) has prevented that to this point.

Now that would be sweet to have Big Grin

It would also be nice if Nifskope could do it automatically when saving a nif. I mean I think all modellers go into Nifskope anyway after exporting a model, if nothing else then just to check that everything exported the way it should have.

You said "and only re-arrange the Havok in the ones that needed it". Does that mean PyFFI can do a batch autosort at the moment, but does it in all nifs whether they need it or not? If so then I've learnt something new hehe.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
12-23-2008, 11:22 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
It would also be nice if Nifskope could do it automatically when saving a nif.
It can: File->Auto Sanitize before Save. Just turn it off if you're editing any rigged Fallout 3 meshes, the blocks seem to need to be in a different order for those, and the auto sorting does them incorrectly.
12-23-2008, 11:13 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by nick_op
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
It would also be nice if Nifskope could do it automatically when saving a nif.
It can: File->Auto Sanitize before Save.

Oh. Cool Big Grin That'll save me some time. I always did it manually, which is kinda funny in hindsight since that option was pre-set to active.
Angel mired in filth
02-14-2009, 02:51 PM,

I missed the OP, a belated thank you for the fix. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD