Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Marsh OST
01-06-2009, 12:51 PM,

Update.

Now that I've seen a few screens I think I can get an impression of the cities, though it's still short of walking through them, seeing the surrounding environment and any contributing aspects. Either way, here are the two pieces that I've worked on so far in their current condition.

1. Tarandes Veila: Piece with constant percussive counterpart to give a jungle feel. Energetic chorus and I've not decided on the very last part yet, I kept it mostly because I find it soothing.

2. Lia: Ethereal night-time inspired. Primarily woodwinds, strings and choir and no rhythmical percussion. Reminds me of glowing blue water. There are a few dropouts form rendering but they shouldn't ruin the listening.

So, have a listen and it's up to you whether it fits or not.

Still stuck in 2008,
Xae
01-06-2009, 01:43 PM,

The new one sounds good, but to fit into a dark, murky swamp, when I just listen I think more about clear sky and blue water in the evening.
01-06-2009, 07:55 PM,

For the first one I would go for more regular and rhythmic drumming. The flute/didgerido thing that you hear at the start could do with a few more appearances as well. Hopefully, the ebb and flow of the harmonics will course over it rather than be drowned by it. Very pacific and very nice background music! I wouldn't mind having a slightly darker and more threatening variation as well.

Lia would be very, very nice to explore to, methinks. I always look for melody in a piece though and this one seems to just about break into its stride and then stop a little short. You might try blending something a bit Celtic with it such as raiding the archives of a band like Clannad to 'borrow' a little-known ditty of theirs. This goes back to one of my fave childhood TV programmes 'Robin of Sherwood'. Clannad produced an album called 'Legend' that was used very powerfully during the 3 series.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
01-06-2009, 07:57 PM,

Question: Was the music script being asked for, for BM?

If so I could develop the full script if given enough details, then its simple copy/paste and change some small things for multiple places ect.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
01-06-2009, 08:01 PM,

How do you mean by 'copy/paste' stuff? I asked Xae if he'd like to compose some stuff for BM such as a general soundtrack and pieces composed for use in the public/dungeons/explore folders...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
01-06-2009, 08:14 PM,

I mean copy/paste the script. From what I know you want a script to play music with specific cells or worlds. I could make one script to do the lot, but in the case I make a script to be used multiple times [Ie a basic script, that you copy, paste as a new script and change the sound files].

I was only talking about the script IB, not the good music :yes:
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
01-06-2009, 08:29 PM,

Ah yes, that sounds cool. I know nothing of scripts so I'm sure it would come in useful.

Btw, my abbreviation is IG. I prefer that because it could stand for Iggy (Pop) or Igor. =)
01-06-2009, 08:37 PM,

I'm sorry IG Smile, not sure why I was puttin IB for you :eek:

Yeah the scripts would be handy, I was just wondering if this was its intended use since the script thread has not been posted in again. Oh well Wink
01-06-2009, 08:42 PM,

Well, neither of the pieces are deemed finished, maybe half-way. I posted them to see if I should finish them or move on to another approach.

I think I'll experiment with going darker and trying a different style. I like the idea of the exploration music being like Lia though the ethereal character might not fit with the landscape. Either way, I'm putting these two pieces to the side for now looking into this Celtic business. I took a shot in the dark with them and though I really like how they turned out on their own they may not be right for this particular project.

Nevertheless, I'll swing back around when I've gathered a few ideas.

Xae
01-06-2009, 08:56 PM,

Lovely work though. I especially like the way Lia 'blossoms up' like that. It's very fresh and uplifting. Smile