Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't see the roadsigns
01-21-2009, 09:43 AM,
I can't see the roadsigns
Hello. The mod itself doesn't seem to work for me. I can't see the roadsigns and can't find the cave.
Yes, I checked the Silgrad_Tower.esm and Silgrad_Tower_Travel.esp in the launcher and copied everything in my data folder. I use only a couple of plugins and they shouldn't conflict with this one.
Does this mod require, erm, some specific version of Oblivion? Do I have to patch it?

PS: this link in the FAQ doesn`t seem to work: screen of the cave
01-21-2009, 04:25 PM,
RE: can`t see the roadsigns
Hi lukalu, thanks for trying our mod Smile

Quote:Originally posted by lukalu
Hello. The mod itself doesn't seem to work for me. I can't see the roadsigns and can't find the cave.
Yes, I checked the Silgrad_Tower.esm and Silgrad_Tower_Travel.esp in the launcher and copied everything in my data folder. I use only a couple of plugins and they shouldn't conflict with this one.
Does this mod require, erm, some specific version of Oblivion? Do I have to patch it?

It could be related to the load order, but I don't know enough about it to answer your question. Perhaps someone else in the team can answer it.

Quote:Originally posted by lukalu
PS: this link in the FAQ doesn`t seem to work: screen of the cave

True, the link is lacking the file extension ".jpg". It should be like -this-. [strike]Where did you see that link?[/strike] I found it, it's the portion of the text that reads ...and eventually the Cave to Morrowind will appear before your eyes [07] in the old release thread. Nice catch! Smile I fixed the link.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-21-2009, 04:34 PM,

As Razor stated the Silgrad_tower.esm should be second to Oblivion.esm. I believe Shivering Isles expansion is no longer an issue.
01-21-2009, 08:04 PM,

The pleasure sure is all mine.

Well, I figured it out. The problem was with the load order AND first of all my Oblivion.exe wasn`t patched to 1.2 v. So I patched and changed the load order with Oblivion mod manager and everything worked out.

Thanks for your mod. And I think you should mention in the readme things about the requirements for the mod. Just for noobs like me =)
01-22-2009, 09:42 AM,

@lukalu
I am glad you solved the problem. Smile

For future reference.
Quote:From the release thread.
The fix also means that our mod is now independant of load order, so you won't have to do technical work to play Silgrad Tower together with other esm's.
This esm can be moved to any position, 02/03/04/05 and so on.

The problem you described is often related to other mods that alter the same area in Oblivion.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-22-2009, 02:39 PM,

Since the topic is open Sandor I will beg to differ on the load order. Maybe with the road sign issue it doesn't matter but once in the Silgrad Tower game world if Silgrad_tower.esm is not second to Oblivion the landscape is gone. If I forget to check, I deal with it everytime I playtest the exterior.
01-22-2009, 03:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
Since the topic is open Sandor I will beg to differ on the load order. Maybe with the road sign issue it doesn't matter but once in the Silgrad Tower game world if Silgrad_tower.esm is not second to Oblivion the landscape is gone. If I forget to check, I deal with it everytime I playtest the exterior.
You can't use the current esm (newer version) with the ST v2.5 install.

The esm/esp pair has been altered to make it load order independent and it's only for playing (no modding). If you load the esm together with the travel esp that comes with the install, the load order doesn't matter.
You have to load both the files together otherwise it won't work.

I just checked in modindex 04 and all is fine.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-22-2009, 03:23 PM,

That is why you are the tech guy Sandor Smile