Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hist/Barsaebic - The Crypt Guide (Open)
01-27-2009, 07:06 PM,
Hist/Barsaebic - The Crypt Guide (Open)
Woah, I'm the idea man today! I just randomly thought about it and i LOVE it! :lmao:

Alright, alright, here it comes:
How about a little larger cave/crypt/something in the jungle. In front of the entrance, you can see a little stand, and a kindof Indiana Jones Guide. The main door is locked impossible, but the Guide offers you to guide you through the cave/crypt/something for an amount of gold, maybe 50 or 100.

Now, if you choose to accompany him, he'll give you a torch02 item and open the door. Once you've entered the cave/crypt/something, he'll start guiding you through the tunnel system, too with a torch02 item in his hands. He'll be talking about the roots and history of this specific interior and such things a guide usually talks about. Maybe telling some jokes.

Twists:
-You could have not only you, but a couple of people taking part in the tour. This could be used as a base for extendend twists.

-A few things could go wrong during the tour, for example, my favorite, stones falling from the ceiling or tree's rolling down a ramp (the standart traps) a la indiana jones. If you manage to save the people, Indi-Guide will allow you to help yourself at some of the items that can be found inside the cave/crypt/something.

Alright, I know this sounds weird and like a lot of work for nothing. But come to think of it, i like the idea of a little place out in nowhere, you'll only find it by accident, with an Indi-Guide and some tourist people. Too, I don't know if this especially would add to the actual atmosphere of the black marshes (it probably wouldn't).
Anyhow, if i'd play the mod and discover it, i'd :lmao:
some sort of easter-egg i guess.

Anyhow, not necessarily needed, I just wanted to share my thoughts with you.....I like it Big Grin

-doc
Deeza:
Quote:Easy - you make it from meat! Cool

I. Main-Quest-Progress:
:check: 55%

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
:check: 15%
01-27-2009, 07:33 PM,

Actually, that sounds like a really fun quest. Remember they don't all have to be epic battles!

I really like your quest ideas, because they're different from anything in standard Oblivion. Keep it up!
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-27-2009, 07:40 PM,

Yay :goodjob:
Deeza:

I. Main-Quest-Progress:

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
01-27-2009, 07:46 PM,

By the way, do you know how to make quests in the game? It would be really useful if you did, because I suck at making quests. All I can do is write them.

01-27-2009, 07:51 PM,

Yes I do, if you want to send me any .esp or something, I'll create you the quest and the dialogue, no problem.
Deeza:

I. Main-Quest-Progress:

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
01-27-2009, 08:17 PM,

That's great news, for more than one reason:

Quests for BM should probably wait for implementation until the landmass has been fixed (I don't want to run the risk of complications), but please keep on planning, we need all the quests we can get.

However, I am currently the guardian of the surviving files from the Valenwood project, now unfortunately dead. They finished enough to make a release, but it needs the quests making. The main quest story has already been written (by me) and just needs to be put into the game, though if you could design some side-quests for me that would be even better.

Could you do that? Once the quests are done we can release it.

01-27-2009, 08:22 PM,

Of course I can. Send me the esp or esm and tell me everything about the quests, where you want them to have. But maybe we should continue this discussion in the vvalenwood forum? Btw, I was member of the team for a short time aswell Smile
Deeza:

I. Main-Quest-Progress:

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
01-27-2009, 08:25 PM,

You were? I didn't know that. You're right, Valenwood is the place for it.

I've got to go for tonight, but look at Valenwood tomorrow - I will start a new thread over there, and post you the link to where I have hosted the master files.

01-27-2009, 08:26 PM,

Alright. Don't forget to supply me with the needed information on the quests Wink
Deeza:

I. Main-Quest-Progress:

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
01-28-2009, 03:42 PM,

Love the Crypt Guide idea! As long as you keep it manageable and don't go too far overboard with your ideas or you'll end up over-complicating it by setting up complicated traps and scripted bits and pieces....stuff like that can sometimes be more trouble than it's worth IMO. I like to be resourceful and work within known boundaries by cleverly manipulating simple design principles. And personally, I like my quests fairly short and sweet. That way we have time to make many and we make considerable progress....and I, for one, am getting obsessed the idea of a playable BM beta version.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]