Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soluthis: Kanath Ancestral Tomb Continuation
02-02-2009, 01:25 AM,
Soluthis: Kanath Ancestral Tomb Continuation
I have been working on a claim in Soluthis for the Kanath Ancestral Tomb. I had ended the quest on sort of a cliffhanger, and summarily posted the continuation quest in that thread. TheImperialDragon suggested that I post it here. So here it is:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Ennbjof goes to a cave with the sword. Cave full of Nords getting ready for invasion, with a shrine to Clavicus Vile inside. Clavicus Vile wants them to get a ring from a Necromancer in another cave and promises them power to conquer Morrowind.

Other cave has a Necromancer (colleague of Arvil Kanath) who has trapped a Dremora Lord in a ring in order to leech its power to plan a takeover of Morrowind. Clavicus Vile wants this ring back to get back his servant. Necromancer needs the sword to unlock the power of the ring. He can use the soul trapped in the sword, since it is human he explains, as a catalyst to draw the soul of the Dremora Lord into himself, giving him power.

-You arrive at Ennbjof's cave to find that he has left.
-(If you talk to Clavicus Vile, he asks you to get the ring for him, and will reward you. He also tells you to visit Arvil again)

-Going back to Kanath Anc Tomb, Arvil gives you some armor (asks you to get some ingredients for it as well) to protect you from the Necromancer's power.

-Go to Necromancer's cave and he explains what he is doing and knocks you unconscious. You wake imprisoned, watching Ennbjof fighting the Necromancer and lose. Necromancer grabs the sword and gains the power. He unlocks your prison and tempts you to join him or die. Arvil gave you a (potion?) just for this event, you see all of your stuff on the table to Necromancer's right, grab the potion and drink it. You then easily defeat the Necromancer and grab the sword and ring.
You have options:
//YOU JOIN HIM WHEN HE ASKS: He tasks you to kill Arvil Kanath. He needs something from him to complete his plans (Arvil will be made non-essential here just for this part). You can do this or refuse and kill Necromancer. He'll then ask you to get him a black soul gem. Obey or refuse. Then he says he needs to make you into a proper servant so he needs to kill you, trap you in the soul gem, then resurrect you. You fight or die. QUEST ENDS.
//YOU RETURN THE RING TO CLAVICUS VILE: He gives you a gift for returning the ring; he releases the Dremora Lord from its prison. Dremora Lord thanks you for endeavoring to release him (gives you a gift) and asks you to help him return to Oblivion so he can be with his kind (you kill him).
//YOU RETURN THE RING TO ARVIL: ???

-When you return to Arvil with the sword (used up by Necromancer), he says it is still possible to retrieve Floki's spirit. He asks you to get for him several ingredients and other things (soul gems, ect...). Using this, Arvil grabs dead Kanath in entranceway to tomb, chants some mumbo jumbo and stuff and sticks Floki in the dead Kanath's body and resurrects him. Floki wakes up surprised he is alive, is pissed at Arvil for killing him, even more mad that he was resurrected into a Dunmer's body, and asks to die again. Arvil refuses. Floki asks you to kill him so he doesn't have to suffer as a despicable Dunmer.
You have a choice:
//YOU KILL HIM: He dies. Arvil says, "Oh well. I guess all this wasn't worth the effort. I think I'll go now." and leaves.
//YOU SPARE HIM: he remains pissed off (make some amusing dialogue for him Smile ) and leaves to live another life as a Nord in a Dunmer's body. Arvil thanks you for your efforts and rewards you.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Ennbjof is a Nord who you meet in the Ancestral Tomb who at first claims to be a prisoner of the necromancers in the tomb, but who ends up using you to get a sword from the caverns beneath the tomb. Arvil Kanath is the Necromancer ancestor who you meet at the end of the quest and tells you to get the sword back. The sword has the trapped soul of Floki (ancestor to Ennbjof) which was placed in the sword by accident by Arvil.

Of course, this is whole scenario is pliable and can be molded to fit any suggestions. I don't know what to do if you return the ring to Arvil.

I also wanted to make a secret area in one of the caves which has a Dwemer puzzle in it. A set of concentric stone rings which act as a combination lock to a small chamber. Before I had joined ST, I made a pseudo-Dwemer ruin in Cyrodiil using Ayleid architecture. The ruins were a Dwemer laboratory of sorts for the study of Aedra/Daedra. I had made small doorways into different planes of Oblivion representing small representative "pockets" of the Daedra's plane. I also made one representative of the Aedric Gods. These were supposed to be used by the Dwemer for study into the principles and characteristics of the Aedra/Daedra. I thought I might try something similar here, hidden behind this quest continuation.