Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I would like to join
02-04-2009, 05:29 AM,
I would like to join
I would like to join in voice acting and all but I'm unsure of how to create samples and such lol... (well I may have worked with choir and makeing up new voices that I use to annoy people but never tried to record online)

anyways I'm 14 and have been working with TES for a bit now and thought it would be cool to put my funny, obnocious, australian/british, and Oblivion like voices I do sometimes to work for a good cause
[Image: kakashi-chidori-322593-1-1-1.gif]
02-04-2009, 11:45 AM,

Welcome to the team Gatalis! I'm sure our voice guy Steve (SACarrow) will drop by and fill you in on more information on doing voice work with our team Smile I'm more of a modeller slash 'world builder', so I can't say much about the vocal development of our mod.

But I thought I'd ask if you wouldn't be willing to do other kinds of modding too? We have quite a bit of hands-on work to do in the mod, everything from modding homes and dungeons to spicing up the wilderness and adding new stretches to our road network.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-04-2009, 04:34 PM,

Welcome Gatalis to Silgrad Tower!

May your stay be long, enlightening and fun!
02-04-2009, 11:50 PM,

I know how to do simple modding but only things like dropping items and creatures into the game, connecting doors, and adding small pre-programed scripts (like makeing a chironasium stand)
[Image: kakashi-chidori-322593-1-1-1.gif]
02-05-2009, 12:01 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Gatalis
I know how to do simple modding but only things like dropping items and creatures into the game, connecting doors, and adding small pre-programed scripts (like makeing a chironasium stand)

That is a little bit more than I understood when I started a year ago. After you complete a couple of interior claims, such as a house or a cave/tomb you will have a great understanding of how things work. From there, there really is no stopping you Smile.
02-05-2009, 07:53 PM,

Welcome Gatalis! :goodjob: It is indeed very easy once you've followed a few tutorials and found your way around the construction set. I'm useless at technical stuff but I can still do a good job of interiors and exteriors and that's exactly what we need right now. If you then want to do something more complex then no problem.....but I really enjoy seeing my ideas taking shape and this is a superb place to get help.

If you fancy some VA work then you'll find me posting in the Acoustics Department occasionally. I think all our generic race voices are pretty much done (is that true, SACarrow?) but VA work for new missions keep cropping up. Just keep your eyes peeled and submit your samples in Acoustics.

btw, everybody around here tends to use abbreviations like VA (voice acting). Just ask if it baffles you. It did with me at first. =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-17-2009, 07:58 AM,

Sorry about not responding earlier; I was busy and then just forgot. :dunce: In terms of generic voices, we do have a lot of bases covered, but others are still needed. Have you found a good set-up for recording? I use a LogiTech directional mic and Audacity software. As for guides I thought Ibsen's Ghost had posted a tutorial or two on VA here, but my searches yield nothing; IG, am I imagining that?

If you need help, feel free to ask,
Steve
02-17-2009, 11:47 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
As for guides I thought Ibsen's Ghost had posted a tutorial or two on VA here, but my searches yield nothing; IG, am I imagining that?

No, you looney toon! They're over here in The Whispering Veil forums: [Tutorial] Voice Acting Tutorials . =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-17-2009, 05:22 PM,

For once, it wasn't me. Smile I searched under "tutorial voice" which should have picked your title up, but apparently the search routine is not smart enough to strip off the brackets. Using "tutorials voice" worked fine.

BTW Gatalis if you can't reach that link, that would mean that forum is still closed. If so, I'll copy the tut to ou FAQ section.

Steve