Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Silgrad Tower main quest?
02-10-2009, 03:39 PM,
Possible Silgrad Tower main quest?
I was planning an idea for a Silgrad Tower main quest, I ask if it is ok to post it here.

actually it was not for Silgrad tower itself, it was for another mod but I gave that one a complete overhaul and I thought that it could fit well the setting of Silgrad Tower, which is situated in morrowind I seem to understand, the land of magick and mystery.

this quest was partially inspired by Lovecraft, Poe and Stoker's readings. I wanted to make a sharp contrast of the darkness in this quest and the loneliness of the PC (one safe haven only, several dark dungeons inhabited only by enemies and no stops in the civilized places in order to proceed with it) with the brilliant colors of Cyrodiil's main quest, where the sparkles of the oblivion gates and the light of the fires leave everything pretty much visible. Plus I also wanted to explore more Jyggalag's character, even if only with documents/letters, and his extremely peculiar nature as a Daedric Prince of Order.
02-10-2009, 05:12 PM,

Ideas are always welcome, but I don't quite understand what you mean. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-10-2009, 11:03 PM,

Howdy Dark_Ansem

I haven't had opportunity to work quest's in quite some time

We have a few grand ideas for a main quest still floating about

You are certainly welcome to add your idea into the mix

please take some time to write it out in steps and post it for
discussion

Thanks Much

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-11-2009, 08:20 AM,
quest background outline
the background (in short).

-I use the terms [Servant] and [Being] because I have not yet decided the names, and if you won't like the plot obviously I'll have no interest in defining them. bear in mind this is not the definitive version, but the outline.

at the Dawn of the world, not all the et'Ada were benevolent. 3 especially (each one tied to an aspect of the character, Combat, Magic, Stealth) had desires to conquer the whole Mundus and enslave all mortal beings. The fact that they are so ancient, though, puts them above the concepts of good and evil. mundus belonged to the et'Ada I seem to recall from the imperial library, so they are somewhat justified. those 3 beings hate each other, and would desire nothing more to see the other 2 annhilated.

However, they could not act for one Daedric Prince had the will to keep them checked and in balance, sealed in an Oblivion plane: Jyggalag, the Daedric Prince of Order.

as bound as they were, though, they managed to extend their will into the mortal world, by creating an artifact (each created one) and manipulating the fabric of the world, thus building an underground "city" (more like a giant temple) accessible only via a special place. There they summoned a servant, who bound himself to one of the 3 and was infused with its power, effectively becoming "immortal" (undead probably, for a mortal body cuold not contain all the power the being had to give).

As we all who played Shivering Isles know however, at a certain point in time Jyggalag was cursed, and his power, albeit great, greater than that of many of the other princes, started to fail in keeping them bound. Thus the Servant (the one mentioned before) was more than able to act, during the ages, in order to allow the most favorable moment to free the Being from its Oblivion prison.

with the Oblivion Crisis, the time has come. the bounds between oblivion and Mundus are weaker than ever.

opposing to the Being and the Servant, however, during the ages, the Chosen Ones were called, lone heroes who did their best to stop the impending doom (and sometimes died trying). the PC is called to be one of those.

what I meant in the first post is that while in Oblivion's main quest you know full well who you are fighting and the quest resolves to a Daedra onslaught in the oblivion planes. mine is more focused in solving puzzles in dark, foreboding places while the plot keeps you wanting to go on. enemy fighting is important, but not the essential point of the quest.
02-11-2009, 10:24 AM,

I think your idea could become a great main quest, but I just don't see the connection between your idea and our mod. Your idea seems rooted in general Elder Scrolls lore, which isn't a bad thing, but I think it could be a good thing if our main quest was connected to our work more directly. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-11-2009, 11:46 AM,

well I could not fit it in Cyrodiil because that is the land of imperial discipline mightiness, not of magic and mystery (unlike the morrowind province, not just the vvarfendell island.) it is the counterpart to that main quest

plus I don't actually know how many locations are going to be featured in Silgrad tower, so I had to keep generic, in order to custom-fit it once all essential plot points are straightened out (that is, if it is going to be liked). I think the style of Silgrad tower suits this quest well (I love how the landmass was planned).

vanilla oblivion only is required for ST? or Shivering Isles also?

now a question to everyone (answer only if you like the quest though): which are the creatures and/or NPCs featured (that is, that can be accessed downloading the mod and that the mod itself uses) in Oblivion and Silgrad tower (not specific ones (don't say "Lorgren Benirus), the "type" only) which scare you the most? I need them for the concept of "possessed guardians". and please, enlist them accorind to strength order (stronger last, weakest first)
02-11-2009, 06:22 PM,

85 views and no new replies even for the last simple question? impossible.
please, do take interest in this thread Smile
02-11-2009, 06:54 PM,

Big Grin That's partly me. I don't have time to respond to everything but I tend to browse nonetheless. Writing is my main area as well but I prefer my writing to take place in Black Marsh where I feel less restricted by the lore demands.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-11-2009, 07:41 PM,

I hereby ask you then to answer to my questions! XD

but first of all: do you like the background? do you think it is suitable? or you think like razorwing that this is out of place?
02-11-2009, 08:04 PM,

Hi Dark_Ansem!

Quote:85 views and no new replies even for the last simple question? impossible.
We are interested in your ideas, but please try to understand that sometimes it will take more than a few hours before someone is able to reply. Smile

Quote:do you like the background? do you think it is suitable? or you think like razorwing that this is out of place?
I think your idea is certainly interesting, but my own feeling is that the main quest (if we decide to have one) should focus a little bit more on Morrowind-related themes.

Quote:vanilla oblivion only is required for ST? or Shivering Isles also?
Shivering Isles is not required to play Silgrad Tower. If you only have Vanilla Oblivion, you can still play Silgrad Tower.