Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'To Do' thread for Ibsen's Ghost
11-16-2010, 09:51 PM,

I haven't touched this thread for quite a while so here goes:

1. Work on producing a second, more reliable and up-to-date, version of the bsa archive.
  2. Complete the pathgridding of the beta regions as preparation for releasing the creatures (and then having these playtested).
  3. Finish off the beta settlements with complete NPCs and AI (and shop signs from Xae).
  4. Get some more dungeons done.
  5. Many containers now have default contents so my main admin task is to give properties to flora. This is long overdue.
  6. Generate and landscape the Westernmost parts of the non-beta regions.
  7. Work on getting the Paatru and Sarpa into the game (with help, of course).
  8. Assist with quest development and writing.
  9. Hopefully get a new, decent PC so I can create a new trailer featuring the new regions, creatures, items, interiors and so on...
    [/list=1]
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
12-03-2010, 10:16 PM,

I finished path-gridding the Naga-Cradle Jungle and the vast majority of the Parchlands. Just Darkmoor remains before creatures begin to appear. In the meantime, I am preparing for a massive dungeons update as I've been adding additional items to the Barsaebic ruin tileset and renaming some of the pieces so as to make it much, much easier to identify and use them...

The Paatru and Sarpa still need doing but, once I finish my massive dungeon update then it's time to work on quests at last... =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
12-11-2010, 01:13 PM,

I just finished setting up Vacuity's Spirits and Ephemerals as 'Barsaebic (Marsh Elf) Spirits' in the CS which leaves us with the full complement of creatures ready to go and a more up-to-date 'to do' list...

1. Fine-tune the pathgridding of the beta regions and add creatures to the beta landscapes.
  2. Finish off the beta settlements with complete NPCs and AI (and shop signs from Xae).
  3. Get some more dungeons done.
  4. Many containers now have default contents so my main admin task is to give properties to flora. This is long overdue.
  5. Generate and landscape the Westernmost parts of the non-beta regions.
  6. Work on getting the Paatru and Sarpa into the game (with help, of course).
  7. Assist with quest development and writing.
  8. Hopefully get a new, decent PC so I can create a new trailer featuring the new regions, creatures, items, interiors and so on...
  9. Adjust the interior names so as to enable Xae's musical score besides altering a lot of CS entries that begin with a number.
  10. Work with sandor to merge a Unique Fort from the IMPEreal mod for use as Fort Swampmoth.
    [/list=1]
12-29-2010, 07:06 PM,

I made a slight amendment to my 'to do list' above and deleted some of the threads that the old team were using and were classified as 'important' (they weren't, really).
12-29-2010, 07:34 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I made a slight amendment to my 'to do list' above and deleted some of the threads that the old team were using and were classified as 'important' (they weren't, really).

Hi Ibsen,

On your # 9 amendment, for the interior cell renaming for music - I will rename the interiors myself, since I'll have better control, what with my work with Better Music System and the scripting for it.

I just need you to answer my questions on that cell renaming spreadsheet, or clarify certain things for me, then send an altered/answered spreadsheet back to me.

Lastly, can you PM or reply to me, the steps you take to manually rename interior cells? I'm sure I can figure it out on my own, but I want to be double-sure.

Thanks,
Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
12-29-2010, 07:43 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Koniption
Lastly, can you PM or reply to me, the steps you take to manually rename interior cells? I'm sure I can figure it out on my own, but I want to be double-sure.

Ooooh, painfully difficult... =). I just click twice on the name and retype the entry. It's that easy! Cool

I had been changing some of these interior cells earlier (before the last merge) and I tended to find that it didn't really change much or screw up the CS or anything. References seem to point to the correct entry no matter what, probably due to the CS having its own item ID codes and whatnot. Nevertheless, I tend to check that the transport markers take you to the correct place. In my experience, they always do but I'd advise trying it for yourself until you know for a fact that it always sorts it out automatically.

I'm just looking at the spreadsheet now and will pass on the results. One thing I can tell you immediately is that this thread here: Claim: Unfinished AI and NPCs was set up with the sole intention of adding all of the NPCs that Deeza did not include in his many interiors. That's the reason why there is no NPC for all of those ones you flagged up. The others I'll take a look at and send you a PM about.
12-29-2010, 07:51 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Quote:Originally posted by Koniption

Ooooh, painfully difficult... =). I just click twice on the name and retype the entry. It's that easy! Cool

I had been changing some of these interior cells earlier (before the last merge) and I tended to find that it didn't really change much or screw up the CS or anything. References seem to point to the correct entry no matter what, probably due to the CS having its own item ID codes and whatnot. Nevertheless, I tend to check that the transport markers take you to the correct place. In my experience, they always do but I'd advise trying it for yourself until you know for a fact that it always sorts it out automatically.

I'm just looking at the spreadsheet now and will pass on the results. One thing I can tell you immediately is that this thread here: Claim: Unfinished AI and NPCs was set up with the sole intention of adding all of the NPCs that Deeza did not include in his many interiors. That's the reason why there is no NPC for all of those ones you flagged up. The others I'll take a look at and send you a PM about.

What was that? Did I sense someone being a slight smart-a** ?? LOL
I hadn't edited interior cell names before, so I wasn't for sure. Tongue

Ok, I will check the teleport doors, after my changes.

I knew about the "Unfinished AI and NPCs" thread, but I wrote down whether an interior was missing an NPC in it at the time, in case some NPC's were overlooked. That is, if anyone even wants to cross-reference my spreadsheet with that "Unfinished" thread...not mandatory, though. It might have very well been that some interiors had the NPC right outside it, in the exterior world...but I didn't check for that.

KP
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
12-29-2010, 08:40 PM,

Yes, I think some of them do have the NPCs right outside but many of them are incomplete....sorry, I can't help being sarcastic. It's my job! Big Grin
01-17-2011, 09:16 PM,

I made a small addition to my 'to do' list as mentioned in this post: 'To Do' thread for Ibsen's Ghost .
03-12-2011, 06:36 PM,

Okay, here's my latest 'to do' list. It's long overdue an update but I'd like to know what you guys think I should concentrate on first: developing the last little regions or finishing off the remaining NPCs for the beta. The latter would put us in a much better position for the beta but the former would mean we'd be close to having a fully completed worldspace. Both will be done in time, however...

1. Fine-tune the pathgridding of the beta regions and add creatures to the beta landscapes.
  2. Finish off the beta settlements with complete NPCs and AI (and shop signs from Xae).
  3. Get some more dungeons done, especially dead rootworms.
  4. Finish landscaping the Vudai Marsh and a small amount of the Arnesian Jungle.
  5. Work on getting the Paatru and Sarpa into the game (with help, of course).
  6. Assist with quest development and writing.
  7. Create a new trailer featuring the new regions, creatures, items, interiors and so on...
  8. Consider plans for the construction of Fort Swampmoth.
    [/list=1]