Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'To Do' thread for Ibsen's Ghost
03-12-2011, 08:52 PM,

I'd say: "Develop the last little regions" , first.

We're probably not going to have the Beta ready by April anyway, regardless of which route you choose.

If you want, I will switch my focus from the plants and ingredient tweaks, to the Paatru (I need a break from my beloved flora, tbh).

I have some ideas for them...

It'll take me a while to work on them, because I want to do more than just texture them.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
03-12-2011, 10:50 PM,

I would second that. Getting the landmass finished would make the beta a lot more enjoyable to explore beyond the finished region, and would also allow those of use who aren't good at questing to get on with planning other areas.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-13-2011, 01:12 PM,

Okeydoke. Things will look much more complete this way anyhow.

Great to hear that the Paatru will be your focus, KP. Getting these races done has been troublesome...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-13-2011, 02:08 PM,

Yes, they have taken rather a long time, haven't they? Glad that you agree that finishing the small regions should be a priority.

04-11-2011, 09:26 PM,

I didn't know where to put this but I just noticed I've reached 6000 posts. Only five of us on these forums have posted that much and two of them are BlackMarsh leaders at some point or another (that includes myself and KuKulZa). That's a long time in one place....

I just checked my list and noticed that most of this still exists. I have taken out the landscaping for the beta as it's presently a WiP and hopefully shouldn't be too long now.

1. Fine-tune the pathgridding of the beta regions and add creatures to the beta landscapes.
  2. Finish off the beta settlements with complete NPCs and AI (and shop signs from Xae).
  3. Get some more dungeons done, especially dead rootworms.
  4. Work on getting the Paatru and Sarpa into the game (with help, of course).
  5. Assist with quest development and writing.
  6. Create a new trailer featuring the new regions, creatures, items, interiors and so on...
  7. Consider plans for the construction of Fort Swampmoth.
    [/list=1]
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
04-17-2011, 10:20 AM,

I turned my attention towards adding some of the items from the recent 'Sheogorad' mod and will hopefully be able to make them available in time for the next esm besides adding some of the fine stuff that Koniption has been working on.
04-20-2011, 05:45 PM,

Okay, first up I'm going to have a little fun by setting up Fort Swampmoth.

Then it's on to adding some final touches to the latest BSA update including any remaining assets for Reaven Fenlands and the Wamasus Hills not already included.

Next up is polishing off the NPCs (the biggest and least interesting job of the three, sadly).

Then finally I can get the quest writing and trailer properly underway.

Any help with dungeons and interiors (or, for that matter, the NPCs) at this stage would be very welcome. We're not far off from questing though and after 17th May I will have considerably more time on my hands to polish things off.

I'd like to target sometime around September/October for the beta release....which will happen no matter what stage the mod is at. We must capitalise on TESV fever and...

There must be something coming out before Skyrim!
04-20-2011, 10:42 PM,

Enjoy the fort! You've definitely earned it. You may be interested to know that my holidays will be starting soon and I'll have a lot more time on my hands... Big Grin

04-21-2011, 09:34 AM,

Great stuff....we need to push on. =)
05-12-2011, 07:27 PM,

Here's my latest 'to do' list:

1. Fine-tune the pathgridding of the beta regions and add creatures to the beta landscapes.
  2. Finish off the beta settlements with complete NPCs and AI (and shop signs from Xae).
  3. Get some more dungeons done, especially dead rootworms.
  4. Work on getting the Paatru and Sarpa into the game (with help, of course).
  5. Assist with quest development and writing.
  6. Create a new trailer featuring the new regions, creatures, items, interiors and so on...
    [/list=1]

Much of this is an ongoing WiP so it hasn't changed much from the one above. However, for the first time, I thought I would release a 'things to be done in general' list as requested by AX via PM. I haven't checked if this is entirely thorough and complete yet and it only really concerns barriers to the beta release as opposed to things needing to be done on the complete mod. It also does not include those claims that are currently claimed but not yet completed but here it is:

Interiors
    • Blackrose (see interiors claims)
    • Moonmarch (see interiors claims or speak to me by PM)
    • Others such as isolated claims from Glenbridge, Gideon, Chasepoint, Nu-Tlak and Soulrest (if the models are available for this last one)

Dungeons
    • Maldava (a mossy cave)
    • Ossasoit and, perhaps, Asashpan (Hist Shrines)
    • Bereft Rootworm (a rootworm)
    • Xarphyrial (a large Barsaebic ruin)
    • Some other dungeons may require polishing off too such as Tangleweave Caverns (a spider cave) and Mokumalata Ruins (a Barsaebic ruin).

Landscapes
    • Any landscaping beyond the beta is welcome as it's a long and arduous process.
      Towns and Cities (these are reserved only for those who have worked in other areas first)

Towns and Cities
    • Greenspring (a very small settlement on the border of Murkwood and Vudai Marshes - see me about the details)
    • Ixototon (in the Throttlemesh Myre amongst the mangroves - see me about the details)

Other locations
    • Kothringi ruins off the Southern shore (needs models)
    • Coral reef off the Southern shore (see me for details)
    • The Hist Dimension needs developing
    • The MageHalls need developing

NPCs
    • Many and various and found in the claim thread titled 'Claim: Unifinished AI and NPCs'

Scripting
    • More disease scripts and the alchemy system would benefit from developing
    • The rootworm travel system needs to be set up
    • Dialogue needs to be planned out and written up, especially generic items