Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'To Do' thread for Ibsen's Ghost
05-12-2011, 08:13 PM,

I would love to relieve you from some dungeon tasks, when my current rootworm is finished I'll hop on the next.
05-12-2011, 08:18 PM,

Sure, Face. That would certainly be appreciated. :goodjob:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
05-31-2011, 07:36 PM,

I just thought people should know that Koniption and I (mainly KP at this stage) are now working on a BM intro sequence. I have a number of personal issues affecting my availability but I'm still switching back to BM whenever I can.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
07-23-2011, 04:26 PM,

You know what really sucks, that ''Shivering Isles'', is a requirement for the Beta and I DONT HAVE SHIVERING ISLES (sadface).

Anyway just wanted to let you know that I will be trying to make some simple quests that are more atmospheric as really questy.

And also, if I don't have to model the buildings myself and can just paste them in there I'd really like to make Greenspring as a start of my true career in the BM mod Big Grin.
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
07-23-2011, 08:31 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Mizreg
You know what really sucks, that ''Shivering Isles'', is a requirement for the Beta and I DONT HAVE SHIVERING ISLES (sadface).

Anyway just wanted to let you know that I will be trying to make some simple quests that are more atmospheric as really questy.

And also, if I don't have to model the buildings myself and can just paste them in there I'd really like to make Greenspring as a start of my true career in the BM mod Big Grin.

You can't claim a full town/city yet, to do on your own:

As quoted above by IG -

Quote:Landscapes

Any landscaping beyond the beta is welcome as it's a long and arduous process.
Towns and Cities (these are reserved only for those who have worked in other areas first)

I don't know what models will be used for the building, whether current ones or new ones. It's a "yet to be determined" sort of thing.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
07-23-2011, 08:57 PM,

Woops haha should teach myself to read more carefully Big Grin
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
07-30-2011, 01:20 PM,

Hello again Mizreg,

You may certainly have Greenspring as it will be needed. We had a few plans and ideas for it a short while ago when I was discussing this with Deeza. I'm not entirely sure what we decided but let me know once you've done some interiors work or something and then I'll open it up to you.
07-30-2011, 05:21 PM,

Thnx very much, now to the point, I wanted to know if Greenspring is related to any quests or lore and if I have to make up my own NPC's or if they are already decided.

And AHA, I just found out why I can't see stuff, its because the textures don't work correctly, about to fix that Big Grin

And another thing, I have been playing some Elsweyr Deserts of Anequina lately and I noticed that some NPC's use like spades and other things that you could find but not use in the vanilla game as weapons, and I wondered, maybe we should ask them if we could use some of them to give to farmers when they are like defending their homestead. Just an idea.
07-30-2011, 07:23 PM,

We have our own bits and pieces like spades. We have mops and cleavers and so on that can be used in the Marshes. The likelihood is that Elsweyr have used a specific mod that makes NPCs use animations that pertain to their jobs. I forget the name of the mod now but it was pioneered by the Silgrad Tower guys (I think).

Let me know if you have a problem with those textures. It doesn't sound like something that would work to me but it should just be a case of getting things setting up correctly. It's a pain getting set up properly but, once you're done, you don't look back.

I think Greenspring is, as yet, unrelated to any lore (unless Deeza can tell me any different...?) so this makes it pretty much free to interpretation. What we normally do is use the city planning thread to decide who lives in which building.
07-31-2011, 07:44 PM,

Its good to know that, and I still havn't fixed the textures, it seems like they aren't in my folders at all (yeah weird huh), maybe if someone could send me the textures seperatly that would help (if that is possible of course).

I have made an esp. file with some interiors and NPC's but I must admit I am not good with AI AT ALL, I might have to let that to someone else, I still haven't figured out how to make someone sit, wandering doesn't work and if I want to have them sleep one hour they do it constantly Sad But theres nothing wrong with my version since my brother can do AI, but he's in France for two months with his girlfriend.......

Anyway to the point the following things I have made (I've spend only about two hours on it since I had a little sleep over, but Im back on the job now, heres the list:

NPC's
-------
Gro-Brullog - Gro-Brullog is a simple sheep farmer who likes vegetables and has his entire house filled with growing fruits and other eatable plants.

Cuts-their-wool - Gro-Brullogs Argonian slave who shears the sheeps and does other nasty jobs for the orc.

Verna - An Imperial woman who has came from Cyrodill to study the Flora and Fauna of Black Marsh.

Ragdoll - An escaped Khajiit slave from Elsweyr who now lives as a farmer in Black Marsh with his Argonian wife.

Licks-his-pelt - An argonian woman fallen in love with the escaped Khajiit Slave Ragdoll.

I was thinking about maybe adding two Naga who protect the village in exchange for gold, of course they are more like gangs in cities, they ask protection money, and if you don't pay, they break into your house and break your knees. I suggest adding these to multiple villages throughout Black Marsh since this should be quite common in a province like this dont you think?

Interiors
----------
Gro-Brullogs Farmhouse - I have started on this one and filled it with some tables and pots with plants and stuff, he also has a chest filled with watermelons (lol) and a dead slaughterfish on a gutting table.

Verna's Big Tent - Since Verna is only in Black Marsh for some studies she hasn't really got a house, instead she lives in a big tent which I've already finished, its a very neat tent with a bedroll a table and a bookcase with a whole lot of books including the bestiaries of BM and stuff like that.

The rest of the interiors I haven't started yet.

Exterior
----------
I haven't done any exterior work yet, I will add that stuff in later when this is all approved and well.

PS: I might just be interested in doing some literature as well, Im a pretty good writer.