Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'To Do' thread for Ibsen's Ghost
02-16-2009, 01:52 AM,

Might still work, but it might depend on the ability of the region generator to generate objects "together" in the same relative positions; for instance, if a particular tree could always be generated growing on top of a particular rock. Smile In that case, there would have to be two mass substitutions: once for the basket and once for the coconut. Never having genned a region (that's for TID & sandor) Smile I don't know if that's possible.

Steve
02-16-2009, 03:02 AM,

Interesting. I'm not really planning on using the harvest option anytime soon as I'm focusing on large scale region generation.

Thanks for the advice. Everything is now functioning nicely.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-22-2009, 10:59 PM,
Imminent bsa Update
I shall soon be updating the bsa archive to include a lot of stuff (most of it from Koniption) but I had some queries first so I'm waiting on a response from Koniption but, just to let you know, here's what we can all look forward to from the next update:
  • New trees including Baobab, Jungle, Mangrove, Swamp, Swamprose & More (Senten).
  • New including mossy rocks and mangrove rocks (Senten).
  • New landscape textures (Senten, ApelCiH & IG).
  • Interior Clutter such as paintings, canvas, stained glass and...a chess set (chosen from out-of-house sources by DR and IG).
  • Coconut kitchenware and turtle chests (Koniption).
  • Little insects such as animated Flora Flies and worms (Koniption).
  • Jellyfish and Durzog enemies (Koniption & mr_siika).
  • Dangerous Flora: the Exploding Seedpod (Koniption).
  • Stinking Rafflesia Flora (besides plenty more flora from Koniption).
  • New Weapons inc. Corthian, Kazhan & Argonian RealSwords (out-of-house sources), as well as Meat Cleaver & Mop Weapon (Koniption).
  • Slaughterfish fishing equipment for the huts (Koniption).
  • Newly updated Turtle Shell houses and Watertop Housing Set (Koniption).
  • Newly updated Argonian Village Set inc. Chieftain, Swamplands, Reed and Shaman Huts (llamaranger)
  • Updated Naga Huts (Koniption).
  • A much more complete Mossy Ruin tileset, both interior and exterior (IG).
  • New Rootworm Tunnels tileset (IG and Koniption) - interiors complete but clutter will be added later.

Let me assure you that, from where I'm looking, it's a modder's paradise and if good modders don't want to join us then there must be something wrong with them. Some of this stuff I've only just seen for the first time but all of it is absolutely awesome! :goodjob:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
02-23-2009, 08:30 AM,

I want it.... NOW! :o
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
02-23-2009, 10:53 AM,

Not to nag nor take away from others' credits, but the Naga huts, meat cleaver, and mop weapon are what I made.

Dang...I made all that stuff on the list ?! Just...dang.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
02-23-2009, 05:37 PM,

Nice,a lot of things are done.
We have a ton of objects,black marsh would be amazing.

`Senten
02-23-2009, 09:04 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Koniption
Not to nag nor take away from others' credits, but the Naga huts, meat cleaver, and mop weapon are what I made.

Dang...I made all that stuff on the list ?! Just...dang.

Koniption

Ooops! (edits post hastily) Nag away, K. You deserve a lot of credit for your hard work. You have had an immeasurably positive effect on this mod. :goodjob:

Btw, I hope people don't mind me giving myself this new role that you see now in my sig....?

I'm back at work now after my week's break so I'll be able to do less than I have been of late. Nonetheless, the archive is a high priority and I can't wait to see what B2M's going to take up as his next task.
02-24-2009, 08:13 AM,

No Ibsen, you definetly deserve the title. You have done the most for the black marshes so far.

And as for my next bit of work. What is a priority that needs to be done? I can do some quest writing and add it in the mod itself? I think people would enjoy it if they would have something to do in the beta. Otherwise I would love to work on Glenbridge. I can also add npcs and give them A.I. although that's a rather boring job. But if it's needed i'm willing to do it. I'd prefer any of the other tasks though.
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
02-24-2009, 08:57 AM,

I second that. Nobody here has done more than you Ibsen.

BTW, I am still happy to do the region gen for you when you feel the presets are ready.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-25-2009, 12:56 AM,

That's great news from both of you!

@ B2M - Although I'm itching to get quests in there, I think it's best if we prioritise the world creation at this point. Even if such claims remain fairly incomplete (and I noticed that Stormhold and Gideon still need modifying a little as well) then we can fashion them according to the demands of the quests at a later date and it gives us a little room for movement. But you'll be pleased to know that this applies to the AI as well IMO.

So I say go for Glenbridge. I haven't posted that claim yet but I see no reason why you shouldn't take it....although I'd make sure you have the models you need first. Personally, I thought that some kind of weed-choked ruin at the bottom of some lake/pond was the way to go but it's not an idea that I've developed fully in my own head yet so I'll leave that up to you. Start a claims discussion if you wish in the same way we did with the other. btw, I recently visited the WS in-game and saw Rockguard in all its glory for the first time.....it looks superb! DR is dealing with the tower interiors as we speak.

@ Deeza - Music to my ears! sandor does an awful lot around here and it would be great to have our own region modder on hand. Once I've got this new asset update done then I'll be working on the Jungle Region preset cell that you'll need to get this done. I've already re-shaped my original work on this region.

As regards the update, I'm just re-sorting some of Koniption's flora so that you're able to pick ingredients from them properly. She has also made progress with the animated rootworm but will need someone to script the travel system. And I will also look at adding some of Senten's new creatures.