Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'To Do' thread for Ibsen's Ghost
02-25-2009, 05:13 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
That's great news from both of you!

@ B2M - Although I'm itching to get quests in there, I think it's best if we prioritise the world creation at this point. Even if such claims remain fairly incomplete (and I noticed that Stormhold and Gideon still need modifying a little as well) then we can fashion them according to the demands of the quests at a later date and it gives us a little room for movement. But you'll be pleased to know that this applies to the AI as well IMO.

So I say go for Glenbridge. I haven't posted that claim yet but I see no reason why you shouldn't take it....although I'd make sure you have the models you need first. Personally, I thought that some kind of weed-choked ruin at the bottom of some lake/pond was the way to go but it's not an idea that I've developed fully in my own head yet so I'll leave that up to you. Start a claims discussion if you wish in the same way we did with the other. btw, I recently visited the WS in-game and saw Rockguard in all its glory for the first time.....it looks superb! DR is dealing with the tower interiors as we speak.

*snip*

Alright, I will post a claim thread soon then and i'll start working on Glenbridge. And i'm glad that you like rockguard.
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
02-28-2009, 02:59 PM,

I updated these two posts: 'To Do' thread for Ibsen's Ghost and 'To Do' thread for Ibsen's Ghost .

I have also added our very first mossy ruin interior featuring vanilla enemies and lots of traps =) . However, it still needs to be decorated with more roots and custom objects. Its name is Mokumalata and the pics are here: Modified Mossy Ruin and here: Modified Mossy Ruin .

I'm getting close to getting the assets ready for use in the next update. They could be ready before next weekend which is when we're scheduled to get this done, seeing as sandor suggested I send stuff to him after roughly a two-week period. This gives those with open claims a little more time to get them in. It isn't crucial to do so. It's just better resource management.

A few things on their way are IS's Tenmar Wall buildings and DR's Rockguard Tower interiors. However, what would help for the moment is a little bit of progress on the region generation (I can send along stuff like Baobab trees, the swampwater texture and the new mossy rocks but you'll have to wait for the flora) and interiors (just remember to leave a space for whichever custom assets you want to add from the information in the link above).

I will get the preset cells completed for the Jungle Region after the next big update which means that we should see a fully generated jungle region by mid to late March. The Everglades will follow soon after.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-08-2009, 07:41 PM,

Following the arrival of the latest esm my 'to do' list has been updated (see first post).
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
03-11-2009, 12:34 AM,

Almost into the recruitment phase now. I'm back to working on the Jungle Region and have gradually been adding trees and flora but the more exciting stuff is the work on the Jungle Region so here's some WiP shots of the entrance to Pholmolo, featuring Sachiel's wooden walkway....
03-23-2009, 08:14 AM,

I added a few items to the list in the first post and updated the information elsewhere. I mainly have a lot of Koniption's assets to sort out properly now, including scripted items and so on. Then it's a case of posting jungle landscape claims and working on the Everglades whilst promoting the project a bit more.

btw, I explored possibilities for the Hist trees and Sarpa settlements and one idea I like for the Sarpa is to have carved tree-trunks that have been carved by pecking away at the trunk, something like this: http://img.groundspeak.com/waymarking/di...1eff32.jpg .

Meanwhile, as I mentioned to a modeller recently, a good Hist design would involve a very complicated trunk model with extra-large 'boles' and knobs on a very thick trunk. This looks nice: http://santitafarella.files.wordpress.co...arving.jpg with all of the animal carvings but I was hoping to have some 'faces' that looked just like natural wood formations and that included slight swirling animations, especially when talked to, so that it looked like the tree was thinking and expressing itself. Combine that with an unusual lighting effect and the Hist tree would look especially nice, methinks.
03-24-2009, 12:37 PM,

HAPPY B-DAY
03-26-2009, 07:40 PM,

Oooh, I didn't notice your 'happy birthday' message, DoZeNt. Thank you! Big Grin

Anyway, I updated my 'to do' list.
03-27-2009, 11:57 AM,

Ibsen, you have to download the GIMP and the normal map plugin for it. And you can create normal maps easily,not professional but easy.

Click here to download the GIMP
and here to download the plug-in

Hope it helps :goodjob:

`Senten
03-27-2009, 04:18 PM,

I'm using the Photoshop plugin instead. I might update the list because I generated the rootworm normalmaps with the Photoshop plugin and was satisfied with the results. If they need changing, I could always redo them from the original textures.

However, I noticed that, whilst creating the normal maps, I kept getting an error message or something saying that I would lose alpha channel information or something. Would that affect the original .dds texture files and is this something I need to do something about? I wondered whether this were responsible for the lighting in the tunnels being especially dim or if this was purely due to the current lack of lights in there (I'll probably use the glowshrooms to some extent here and see if they fit okay).
03-27-2009, 05:01 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I'm using the Photoshop plugin instead. I might update the list because I generated the rootworm normalmaps with the Photoshop plugin and was satisfied with the results. If they need changing, I could always redo them from the original textures.

However, I noticed that, whilst creating the normal maps, I kept getting an error message or something saying that I would lose alpha channel information or something. Would that affect the original .dds texture files and is this something I need to do something about? I wondered whether this were responsible for the lighting in the tunnels being especially dim or if this was purely due to the current lack of lights in there (I'll probably use the glowshrooms to some extent here and see if they fit okay).

Could you give me a link for the normal map plugin? Would be very usefull if I ever got to making my own textures Wink
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)