Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest esm and esp updates
03-08-2009, 07:12 PM,

A big thanks on behalf of the BM team for this new update, sandor! Big Grin

Those two esps were mine. I changed the post above accordingly.

As for the errors, those are a work in progress. Could people please get back to me elsewhere on these forums as to which properties to assign to this flora? See details in the first post above.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
04-08-2009, 11:06 PM,

The new esm is released. Please read the notes at the base of the update. Due to the late release of the file, there may need to be another archive update soon so that you can see everything as it should be. I'm not expecting any serious errors, but if you experience anything worrying, please report it.

NB: - I just noticed....this is the 1000th post on 'The Sticky Guar'.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
04-09-2009, 11:58 AM,

Good, I will download right away and also beta test it.
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
04-10-2009, 03:29 PM,

Just a point about regions. I feel that the jungle is such a mess that I'm better off re-generating it. It took me over a day's work to just re-texture a quarter of it and I have no idea about how to do this en masse, although it seems crazy that there is no way of doing this.

Likewise, I would need to delete vast amounts of stuff and then replace a LOT of the current content with custom content of a greater variety in order to get it looking like my original cells. That would more than double the work which is time I just don't have.

Furthermore, sandor is no longer available to work on region editing so I'm hoping to turn to either Deeza, who said he might be able to do it later once his exams are over or, if he's willing, ThePriest909 who is someone I've worked with in the past and who might just be interested in helping out a little. I've already contacted him. Failing these options, progress will now be slow as there is no way of making real headway. We'd be reduced to 'bitty' modding, the likes of which I've seen on other projects of this type and that's something that really irritates me as it never seems to get anywhere...

Of course, I could just hand-edit the cells but this would take around about the same amount of time as editing what's done albeit with better, more creative results.
04-10-2009, 03:36 PM,

the region generator can generate textures, and then have it generate the rocks/trees/foliage based on the texture. or vice versa, have it generate textures based on the objects that are there. if the stuff you need to delete is generated just go back to the region editor, click the objects tab, and click "obliterate now". that should take out all the generated object
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
04-10-2009, 11:02 PM,

For the record.

Quote:Originally written by Ibsen's Ghost
Yes, I certainly chose the wrong preset ....
You were personally responsible for the outcome of the generated content.

You (as a mod leader) already decided that I am no longer available, which is quite strange because I wanted to regenerate the region.

In any case good luck for the future! Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
04-13-2009, 12:52 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
For the record.

Quote:Originally written by Ibsen's Ghost
Yes, I certainly chose the wrong preset ....
You were personally responsible for the outcome of the generated content.

You (as a mod leader) already decided that I am no longer available, which is quite strange because I wanted to regenerate the region.

In any case good luck for the future! Smile

Ah, I just re-checked your last PM and must have mis-read it. That's fabulous news then =). I'll be in touch about what step to take next. What puts me off though is when you use underlined text because it doesn't really help to point things out. I just read it as being angry especially when I've already assumed responsibility. So I must have just had my blinkers on because I felt I was picking up on a tone and not a message. Anyway, it's proved to me that I need to take a break which I've been doing this Easter.
04-21-2009, 05:09 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
What puts me off though is when you use underlined text because it doesn't really help to point things out. I just read it as being angry especially when I've already assumed responsibility. So I must have just had my blinkers on because I felt I was picking up on a tone and not a message. Anyway, it's proved to me that I need to take a break which I've been doing this Easter.
FYI
If I underline text it means that I want to emphasize that part of the sentence.

blue[/HR]

Jungle generation.

Quote:From IG's preset notes.
Naga-Cradle Jungle Region - Preset Notes

Asset Replacements for Preset

Using 22-24,24 and 22-24,23 of the Tamriel WS.
Cells 22,23, 22,24, 23,23, 23,24 and 24,24 belong to the GreatForestSubRegion01 (GFSR01). Cells 23,23, 23,24, 24,23 and 24,24 belong to the NibenayBasinValleySubRegion01 (NBVSR01).

As you can see e.g. 23,23 and 23,24 belong to to both of the regions.
This is called region blending.

GFSR01 will be generated when the height is > 4096 except for a few large rocks.

DL the updated esm (v2.05 final) -=here=-.
M20BMIGLandscaping.esp (final version; 16/04/2009) has been merged using v2.04 of the esm.

To be sure I generated a few vanilla test areas to avoid new problems.

Use the attached esp with the esm from the link.

EDIT
I deleted (April 23th) the esp for reasons of board efficiency.

coc "W0" GFSR01 (steeper areas) only
coc "W1" GFSR01 and NBVSR01 blended (using both presets)
coc "W2" NBVSR01 near some hand changed cells (Pholmolo)
coc "W3" NBVSR01 on an empty spot of the HM

Let me know how to proceed.

TIA.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
04-22-2009, 12:06 AM,

Thanks a lot, sandor! :goodjob: You've just caught me as I'm about to go to bed but I'll look into it at my next available opportunity.
04-22-2009, 07:25 PM,

Okay, I've checked everything out and generally everything looks pretty fine. The overall composition of trees, flora and everything seems to work out fine. More so in terms of some of the 'W' areas than others.

W0

I liked this one. It's a good composition for the mountains. However, I noticed that the following textures made an appearance whereas they don't appear at all in the preset cells:

TerrainHDRockLichen01
TerrainHDRockLichen02
TerrainHDEvergreenNeedles01

Is this because the region generation process often reaches outside of the preset cells?

Strangely, whilst testing, I replaced TerrainHDForestGrassDirtRocks01SU (00027363) with TerrainHDForestMossGrassDirt01SUNoGrass (00089005) and the whole cell went black! I'm not sure what happened but it also happened in W1 when I tried to change TerrainHDRocksDirtMoss01SU (0001C7B4) with ManiaSmallRocks01b (000135BF). I'm not sure what's going on there.... :eek:

W1

This was probably my favourite. However, TreeGinkgo makes an appearance which is against what crops up in the preset cells. Nonetheless, it only happens a few times and I could easily request for this to be changed to ManiaTree04 (00019F2C) because there is a strange lack of TreeWhitePineForestFA (000EED87) from the original preset cells.

In fact, in general the composition doesn't match very well, probably because I was expecting a broad range of trees from the presets but this is obviously a result of the region blending. Nevertheless, I felt that, with W1, I had more room to work with it.

W2

My second favourite. Again, HydrangeaBlueSU made an unexpected appearance.... and quite frequently as well. I'd have to select something to replace it with or just request for it to be deleted altogether if that's possible....?

However, this was where I noticed a big discrepancy with the textures. I'm aware that SACarrow has only just introduced the option to re-texture cells using the Gecko so I wondered if it was Gecko-related.

Basically, the majority percentage of textures in the cells should be devoted to ManiaMoss01 (TerrainNVGrass01SU in the preset cells) and Mania Scrub01 (TerrainHDGrassClover01SU). The former should be around 35-50% per cell but it's actually about 5-35% here whilst the latter should be 12-20% per cell and is actually about 7-11%. Worse than this is the fact that there is far too much of the TerrainHDRocksDirtMoss01SU texture, which I'd planned to replace with ManiaSmallRocks01b. The highest amount of space it received from the preset cells was 0.3% but the general rule here is that it’s set at about 20-30% or more. Pretty wacky! :eek:

W3

My least favourite. It's too dense and there is almost a complete lack of correspondence (in terms of the textures) with the preset cells here as what should be the predominant texture, TerrainNVGrass01SU is down to about 1-2% at the most per cell and the second most prominent texture, TerrainHDGrassClover01SU is also severely reduced.

Conclusion

I had no idea things would be so tricky. I think my best option is to go for W1 but I'll need to get back to you on a new set of replacement suggestions for some of the models and textures as, even with W1, the texture composition comes out all wrong. In the meantime, if you can confirm for me that the following cells were indeed created using this preset (I'm sure they are) then please feel free to continue to generate using "W1" (GFSR01 and NBVSR01 blended):

-14,26 and -13,26
-14,25 and -13,25

I can then get back to you with details on which textures and models to replace. Thanks for all your efforts! :bow: