Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Marshes screenies and concepts...
07-23-2009, 06:33 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by DoZeNt
Ok, I now need to know what concepts are needed...(architecture, regions, etc)

Well, i think a concept of Darkmoor would be nice.

Architecture..i dont know.Maybe some draw about Hist also would be nice.

Just a tip,and some more armor&weapon.

`Senten
07-23-2009, 11:49 PM,

Armour and weapons would be useful....but they'd have to be do-able and also highly relevant....which reminds me, mr_siika might just feel like he owes me one after I did some VA work for Castle Seaview recently. I made see if he's interested in doing weapons and armour...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-24-2009, 03:32 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Armour and weapons would be useful....but they'd have to be do-able and also highly relevant....which reminds me, mr_siika might just feel like he owes me one after I did some VA work for Castle Seaview recently. I made see if he's interested in doing weapons and armour...

hahahahaha, I didn't know you did Seaview's voice acting. Now I'm going to look for who you acted. XD
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
01-10-2010, 10:06 PM,

I'm trying to make some sort of in-game BM map...
01-11-2010, 12:01 AM,

Update :check:
01-11-2010, 10:07 AM,

Cool - way better than I could ever do. Isn't Soulrest on the coast - I thought it has docks.

Also, have you seen TR's Hammerfell map? It's really good quality, just like the Cyrodiil map - perhaps the guy who made it could give you some tips on how to get ours like that.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
01-11-2010, 04:42 PM,

heh, good luck finding noir, much less getting him to help. he has pretty much left the community.

in general, i would use the original map as a base whenever possible. large chunks of landscape (eg. forest and mountains) can be copied over, smaller sections can be clone-stamped. the coastal land uses a smooth burn tool, the coastal water a smooth dodge. i dont quite know the exact values for those. the buildings and walls of cities appear to have a bevel filter applied.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
01-11-2010, 04:52 PM,

I can't garantuee if the guy (Noirgrim) who made the map of Hammerfell for TR and High Rock for his own project is still available for contact. I know that he had about seven years experience with photoshop, before he started with the map.
BTW Noirgrim isn't fond of Silgrad Tower.
Edit: Ninja'd by LN because i was delving in the TR archives.
01-11-2010, 04:59 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
BTW Noirgrim isn't fond of Silgrad Tower.
Hehe - this isn't Silgrad Tower. Cool
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
01-11-2010, 09:26 PM,

We actually already have Vality7's map here: http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/V...onia-5.jpg . I set it up as a painting that can be added into interiors. It's not entirely accurate though. Check out the positioning of Tenmar Wall, Soulrest, Rock Grove and Stonewastes and you should be able to get the impression that this is an 'artist's impression' of Argonia and not an accurate portrayal. I'm explaining the inaccuracies as being an Imperial's best idea of how the Marshlands look....well, travelling there is bad enough, but mapping it?

There was someone who contacted me a while back who had produced maps that were as good, if not better, than TR's. At the time, our map was a little uncertain in terms of the contours but it's a little better developed now. Maybe it's time I find the email and give him a message....anyway, doz, I think I can get someone to help with this if you'd prefer to work on other stuff.

I could also contact Vality7 again and see if he (it might be a 'she' actually) would mind altering it for us.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod