Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A small note on Region Claims (with a preview)
03-18-2009, 10:54 PM,

Thanks, Koniption. That sounds great. I've been struggling to get the required effect for the jungle for a while now. This evening, I totally re-textured the land using SI mania moss and IMO it looks a lot better. As long as I keep the lichen rocks to the high areas and select the FMGD Great Forest rocks elsewhere then I should be fine.

Regarding the trees and stuff though, I don't like the idea of sending the preset cells to sandor so he can generate the region if it means I'll have to correct a lot of the details later by hand (very, very slow and boring!) so I might hang on with this for a short while longer anyway.

FYI, I smoothed out the jungle region ready for generation and asked sandor about adding a mountainous section to the North. Now I'm hoping I'll have time to height map the Everglades region. Once I've got the rocks and flora added to that region (which feels less complex than the jungle) then it should be ready for generation....probably before the Jungle.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-19-2009, 11:27 PM,

Massive update to the Jungle Regions inc:
  • Total Retextures
  • Altered Tree Selection from Redwoods to RedMugo and Mania Trees plus some darker Palm Trees
  • Elephant Ear, Green Ti and other plants added
  • Rocks that more closely match the new textures
  • Pholmolo Update
  • (screenshots still to come) Huge height mapping task to add mountains (yes, mountains) to the North along the border with Morrowind

With luck, we should have the presets ready for both the Jungle and the Everglades ready shortly. It depends how troublesome these mountains are going to be (it's the texturing that's the tricky part).
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
03-20-2009, 03:15 AM,

LOL, I love what you did with the turtle shell basket, with it holding the fruit and all. And yup, you used the turtle shell basket frame correctly too, by putting the turtle shell basket in it. Those pics look uber cool. It really is looking more and more like a jungle.

Good work, Ibsen!

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
03-20-2009, 02:55 PM,

Looks very nice Ibsen, good job mate!
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
03-20-2009, 04:39 PM,

Amazing job,can't wait to see more progress!

`Senten
03-21-2009, 07:03 PM,

This is simply AMAZING!!!
03-21-2009, 09:29 PM,

Thanks guys. It's great to hear positive feedback. There's some good news and bad news now. The good news is that I have made significant progress with the Jungle Region, nuked a few errors, set up the mountain range to the North, cleared out the old 'tree buffer' to the North of Steadhelm and prepared a sample set of cells for the Region Generation.

The bad news is that region generation is now more complex on account of the fact that more and more custom assets are being used and a process of replacement and fixing carefully to the landscape must take place. So I expect the whole process to be longer.

Anyway, here are some further development screenies whilst I wait for the latest archive update to upload....where you see the trees and blue flowers is roughly where the old Stormhold 'tree buffer' once stood.
03-22-2009, 07:20 PM,

I also simply must say, I truly like what I see. If only I could get to run OB again.... Big Grin
The Nord pointed his finger at the building on the hill, and said: "That is the Emerald Hall, the Palace of Ysgramor."

My concepts - http://ysgramor.deviantart.com (hopefully there shalt be some in the future!)
03-22-2009, 07:31 PM,

Yeah,agreed with Marcus,It looks fantastic!

Ibsen,keep it up!Upload more screenie,when you made some more progress.

`Senten
03-22-2009, 07:38 PM,

Thanks, Senten and Marcus! It's good to see you dropping by, Marcus. I hope you can get OB running eventually..... =).

Quick Update: I just sent sandor my latest work on the Jungle Region and, with luck, that should be everything he needs to get going on the RE work. It's been a much more difficult task than the BW region and there will probably need to be some landscape editing afterwards but I'm hoping we'll get a more striking effect this time around.

The bad news is that sandor is going to be busy on ST soon and won't be able to do so much RE work again. The Everglades region shouldn't be quite so hard to get set up from my side of things but I'll need another person willing to do the RE. Hopefully, when Deeza returns from his exams, we'll be able to get it done pretty quickly because I'll be ready for it.