Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A small note on Region Claims (with a preview)
03-22-2009, 10:00 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
.....and won't be able to do so much RE work again. The Everglades region shouldn't be quite so hard to get set up from my side of things but I'll need another person willing to do the RE. Hopefully, when Deeza returns from his exams, we'll be able to get it done pretty quickly because I'll be ready for it.

Dumb question on my part: what does "RE" stand for?

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
03-22-2009, 11:41 PM,

Not dumb. That's just me succumbing to the lazy-typing affliction that some world-weary modders are afflicted with Smile. RE = Region Editing/Editor.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
04-14-2010, 10:47 PM,

You may be interested to hear that whilst Deeza has been modding like a man possessed, I've not been idle myself. Besides the new archive getting set up, adding up new items and finishing the Everglades, I just moved Seafalls to its correct location according to our gridmaps. This is because the previous team made quite a few errors with the initial WS layout and it's been in need of doing for a while now....it took me a whole day because the 'paste in place' option caused CTDs.

As I did so, I sculpted the full edges of the BlackMarsh landmass. This is in preparation for TOYB to help out by creating a fully working map for us. Hopefully, if this happens, it should be another major asset. As I'm doing the landmass creation, however, I'm keen on sculpting out a 'Cyrodiil Blackwood' that will be attached to 'Blackmarsh Blackwood'. This will NOT be a playable area and will not appear as a landscape claim but it does mean that the land to the East will consist of...well...um...land, and not water. You won't be able to access it for real though as there will eventually be an invisible border around it.

The reason I'm telling you this is that I'd like to sculpt out this territory with a small stream / river splitting up BW Blackwood and Cyrodiil Blackwood. This will be easier than carefully and painstakingly marrying up the two gridmaps (our own and Cyrodiil's) so that it accurately reflects Bethesda's design. Am I being too anal by going the latter option, do you think? I don't fancy the idea, personally....
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
04-15-2010, 09:19 AM,

I think it's theoretically possible to just copy and paste that section of the vanilla heightmap. Sandor would know more.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
04-15-2010, 10:39 AM,

I doubt it. It's theoretically possible to do that with the assets but you won't be able to do the same with the HM.
04-15-2010, 10:41 AM,

I believe you can do it with the heightmap by photoshopping the colour file it's based off. TOYB was able to do it for Elseweyr.

04-15-2010, 10:58 AM,

That would prove useful. I sent a PM to sandor about it....but maybe TOYB could help...nevertheless, OUR landmass is a little different. The exact specs aren't correct.
04-15-2010, 11:02 AM,

I know. The original team really screwed up with the landmass. Not sure how it happened, as we know for a fact they already had accurate maps....