Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunmer Lore and ZDawg's quest
03-20-2009, 02:34 AM,

Just a side note to add

Their few cases were a male and female dunmer live in the same home
assumption would be they were husband and wife, for example Fathasa Llethri appears to be married to Sanvyn, it goes as far to talk about her "assumed" affair with Bolvyn Venim and she has a son as well with the Llethri name.

The name would be the husbands family name since the male Dunmer is most prominent

Thier are cases were Dunmer women have inter-married with even other races so it seems logical that they would inter marry within the houses, though it probably would not be taken well, but we must also consider that they were not always Dunmer and they were not always seperated into different Houses. Thier is no absolute information on the houses first beginnings and which families took oath to a particular house. Their are cases were family names cross house boundries. It's highly unlikely that they are from a different family most probable that itwould be ancestral brothers who choose different paths and joined different houses

Regardless it would make sense that family ties and "marriage agreements" from one family to another would exsist, not highly regarded but yet tolerated for the benefit of the family

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-20-2009, 02:43 AM,

Wow, pottery wheels are harder to find than I thought!! Anyways, here are a few images, though I'll be looking for a few others as well to better portray a pottery wheel...

Keep in mind these are relatively new (a few of them are old.) An olden day pottery wheel would have been made out of wood, with the wheel itself being made out of stone, likely of the same ceramic ware that the potter him or herself would use to make cups, bowls, plates, etc. So yeah... same basic design, it just needs to look older and be able to fit into the world of Morrowind.

black[/hr]

[blockquote]Razorwing replied on March 20th, 05:53 C.E.T.:
Thanks for the reference images and info, I'll get to work on the model soon Smile[/blockquote]Then the discussion turned to bugs in our light models, which I split to its own thread.
After that the discussion turned to the development of a Redoran Kiln, which I also split.
I'll die to win, 'cuz I was born to loose.
[Image: nirvana.jpg]
03-21-2009, 06:21 AM,

I thought it would be a good idea to split the discussion into three topics. One for model development, one for the light bugs, and this original one for Dunmer lore discussions and development of your quest. I imagine we'll keep talking about all three topics and if they were all in the same topic it could get confusing after awhile. It's not uncommon for 'one thing to lead to the other', so to speak, and sometimes discussions grow in different directions parallell to each other like in this case.

I also moved your topic to our Quest Development board, since the discussion began focusing on your quest. Are you okay with the thread title? If not, please change it to anything you like by editing the subject of your original post. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-21-2009, 06:48 AM,

It's perfect. Thanks for seperating the topic. Much better now. Big Grin
03-22-2009, 11:03 AM,

Thanks for the info Bob. I'll remember this while making married NPCs!

Hope to start working on this quest this week. Should finish with the Indarys home by tomorrow, and will immediately start work on the next home. Wink
03-24-2009, 04:00 AM,

Anytime

Looking forward to seeing your quest

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-24-2009, 11:15 PM,

Thanks. I look forward to making it! Cool Tongue

...By the way, is that thing about your wife true? :eek: