Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunmer Lore and ZDawg's quest
03-19-2009, 06:58 AM,

Okay, so for convenience we will call him Mindvus Arethi. I'll change his name later.

So, the way the quest plays out is this:

1. A. The player comes across Indarys and his neighbor Arethi by chance, just by exploring and discovering their neighboring homes.

B. Alternatively, the player can also hear a rumor in Soluthis, for example: "Word is that Savvas Indarys, a local potter, has taken a stray Hlaalu under his wing and helped him build a home neighboring his own in the Farmlands. Could turn out to be detrimental to Savvas's business here in Soluthis."

If route A is taken, the player will have to talk to either Mindvus or Savvas, upon which a greeting will be triggered along the lines of: I'm (Savvas Indarys -OR- Mindvus Arethi.) And yes, (I'm supporting a member if house Hlaalu, Mindvus Arethi -OR- I'm an exiled member of house Hlaalu, just trying to live my life here in the countryside with my neighbor Savvas Indarys.) Everything was going quite well until you people started pushing us around.

If route B is taken, the player will get a quest prompt to find the two and speak to them about it, which will engender similar results.

2. Following this, the play will have several options to choose from, including helping the two neighbors, hindering them, or staying away from the matter all together. I think choices are a HUGE part of any quest, so they will be stressed throughout this quest as a result.

3. Choices: The first choice will be whether to help the two neighbors or not. If you choose to help them, you are by no means bound to help them. In fact, you can tell them you'll help them, but then go talk with the nearby farmers (which I believe are Redoran if I'm not mistaken) and agree with them to get rid of the two neighbors for them.

- Should you choose to get rid of the neighbors, you will have even more options of how to get rid of them. You can threaten them, drive them out of business (and by them I mean Savvas), you can bribe them with a large sum of money, or you can kill them. Depending on which path you choose in order to be rid of them, the consequences and rewards will differ.

- Should you choose to help the neighbors you will start small by helping them gain business, helping Arethi fit in, and getting/keeping the surroundng Redoran out of their hair. Again, you will have choices. You can utilize your Speechcraft skill to persuade the Redoran to accept the situation and trade with them, you can use bribery, blackmail, violence, etc...

- One more option I have thought about is helping Dothnea, Savvas's wife, who despises her husband's Hlaalu friend. Helping her would involve getting rid of Arenim and helping the Indarys couple reach their former stature amongst their fellow Redoran. Again choices, but I'll explain more when I full develop the quest.

Anyways, I won't bore you any longer, but should you follow the quest all the way through and help the two neighbors, depending on how you do things they may become even closer friends -- almost like brothers -- or they may grow to hate eachother. The only side that I have thought about in depth is the "hating eachother side," which could have random scripted events such as them physially fighting, Mindvus abusing Dothnea while Savvas is away to town, thievery from one another, or even murder.

Overall it is an extremely complex quest, and still needs a LOT of development, but I like the idea and I think it is possible.
I'll die to win, 'cuz I was born to loose.
[Image: nirvana.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Dunmer Lore and ZDawg's quest - by ZDawg - 03-19-2009, 04:19 AM
[No subject] - by Razorwing - 03-19-2009, 05:18 AM
[No subject] - by ZDawg - 03-19-2009, 05:50 AM
[No subject] - by Razorwing - 03-19-2009, 06:02 AM
[No subject] - by ZDawg - 03-19-2009, 06:58 AM
[No subject] - by Zurke - 03-19-2009, 08:27 PM
[No subject] - by ZDawg - 03-19-2009, 11:49 PM
[No subject] - by Razorwing - 03-20-2009, 01:27 AM
[No subject] - by ZDawg - 03-20-2009, 01:44 AM
[No subject] - by Razorwing - 03-20-2009, 02:05 AM