Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3ds Max simple animation tutorial
05-26-2009, 01:46 PM,

jman0war: Sorry for the late reply, I've been offline for almost a week. Learning how to animate for Oblivion can be hard, but once you know how it's quite easy and only requires minimal work in NifSkope afterwards. Granted, if you're unfamiliar with setting up collision then it becomes more difficult.

If your collision acts like a visual model then odds are it lacks collision information, i.e. a bhkRigidBody modifier. If it has collision information, but isn't set up properly, the exporter will ignore it, not treat it as a visual model.

On second thought, I will try to make a video tutorial. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-26-2009, 10:00 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
On second thought, I will try to make a video tutorial. Smile

My tutorial is complete. Took three hours to process it in Virtualdub, but it was worth it because of the near 1:1 ratio of mb per minute I got - and the video quality isn't bad either. The audio quality on the other hand... not so good. There's a constant power hum, the audio disappears completely for fractions of a second at irregular intervals, and add to that my slurry attempts at English. But I hope it can be informative just the same. I'm trying to get it uploaded to youtube at the moment, in the meantime I uploaded copies of the video file to Filefront and Rapidshare.

EDIT: Here is the youtube link. It's ~22 minutes long so I had to split it in three parts and set it up in a playlist. I used Avi Split to cut it in parts.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-27-2009, 05:19 PM,

Thanks Razorwing!
Downloading it now.
I'm too busy at the moment to go through it right now, but i will later!