Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The terrible old man (Open)
09-01-2011, 06:37 PM,

True. I believe I stated earlier in this thread that it would best suit as a Shadowscales quest. I'll move it over for now but let me know if you disagree and we can always move it back.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-01-2011, 07:33 PM,

Sounds good to me. We need to discuss though, what relationship the player will have with this faction. Shadowscales need to be trained from birth, so it's impossible they would accept a foreigner as a member. They might have a get-out clause where giving missions to the player technically counts as "using a weapon", however.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-03-2011, 12:19 AM,

I'm pretty sure we already had those discussions and it was agreed that they could not make it into the Shadowscales and would therefore have to use their existing DB membership to work with them and gain an unusually rare insight into their existence.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
09-03-2011, 10:30 AM,

I remember that, but perhaps there should be a way for non-initiates to get involved too (although you wouldn't necessarily get the same insights and dialogue you would get if you were a member of the DB)

(My reasoning being it would be irritating to have to go all the way back to Cyrodiil and join the DB just to get in touch with this faction)
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-03-2011, 10:56 AM,

True. Perhaps the quest scripting can basically figure out whether the PC is a member of the DB and, if not, undertake some very simple act in order to become eligible to join the SS. As the DB required you to kill someone, the SS should be something similar....you might then get a glimpse of the Hist Dimension as an SS member approaches you in your dream...
09-03-2011, 11:56 AM,

What does it mean "(Open)"
If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
09-03-2011, 12:10 PM,

That means that the quest idea is open to developments. Where you see (Dead) it means that there is no requirement for the quest to be developed, as opposed to (Redundant) which may have some useful ideas but is very unlikely to be developed as a quest.