Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WIP] ShadowScale Quest Line
05-10-2009, 02:25 PM,

:eek: lots of text Big Grin

I quickly scanned the posts, so far the main idea to get across is the player aiding the shadowscales, since its impossible to join them, maybe we could adjust IG's idea and have the player do quests or tasks to build up trust. Once the trust reaches a certain level, the shadowscales ask the player to join them on a hunt for a rougue shadowscale.

To ove the quest on past the introduction of killing the rogue, maybe it could be there is someone (possibly human) that is chaning the way some shadowscales are thinking and turning them rogue, possibly he wants revenge against a Guard? or someone from many years past.

He could be using the shadowscales to his own ends, thus hiding in the shadows and turning the attention away from him.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
05-11-2009, 10:36 PM,

Yes, I could go with that. I think that, as far as gaining trust goes, 'Cold Blood Runs Warm' would help to do that as the PC could potentially snitch to the Brotherhood but chooses instead to honour the Shadowscales' customs. Likewise, my previous quest (the one that I already wrote but needs adapting for BM) would help to achieve this trust. It's called 'Roads of the Dead' and might actually bring in a little more 'Bhuru' (voodoo) magic. The end result is that the PC learns to act in accordance with the Shadowscales interests. Basically, both of these require the PC to approach a form of understanding with the Shadowscales without actually being welcomed into their unit.

Likewise, a Shadowscale who in infected by a love of Imperial culture, as per Eshenaleros' idea, would provide a similar test. However, it might be altered slightly so that the PC might have to actually kill the rogue Shadowscale, thus showing the Shadowscales that the PC has understood that the purity of the Shadowscale organisation is of utmost importance, more so even than their own lives. And yet, in discovering this, they learn that they could never actually be a Shadowscale themselves.....and they have to turn away.

In this sense, the closer they think they get to the Shadowscales, the further away they are from becoming one.

I had another possible idea to extend this which involved using Xaeaix's ideas a little more. It involved the 'fiend' in question being someone who has already made this discovery about the Shadowscales and has become embittered and resentful about it. Perhaps the discovery has been regarded as an insult....but that's as far as I got. I'm wondering if the rest of it makes sense that way....I'll give it some thought......
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
05-12-2009, 02:05 AM,

not that my vote counts for much, but what you just said has gained my approval
05-12-2009, 05:31 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Eshenaleros
not that my vote counts for much, but what you just said has gained my approval

Your input is most definitely appreciated, Esh! For anyone's information, I have requested that Razorwing set up a new folder for the Shadowscales Quests. It might be best for me to meet with IS online sometime to sort out the sequence of some of these ideas.....I'm a bit busy at the moment but I should be okay by the weekend.

@ IS - If you can name a time by PM then that would help. Thankfully, we're both in the UK so there are no timezone issues.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
05-12-2009, 05:40 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost

Your input is most definitely appreciated, Esh! For anyone's information, I have requested that Razorwing set up a new folder for the Shadowscales Quests. It might be best for me to meet with IS online sometime to sort out the sequence of some of these ideas.....I'm a bit busy at the moment but I should be okay by the weekend.

@ IS - If you can name a time by PM then that would help. Thankfully, we're both in the UK so there are no timezone issues.

Agreed, I sent you that PM Smile
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
05-12-2009, 05:40 PM,

Thanks, IG. Message me when you start working out the script - I said I'd like to be a voice actor and this is certainly something I'd be interested in, so tell me when you're about to start and I'll take some of the load off of you
05-13-2009, 03:08 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Eshenaleros
Thanks, IG. Message me when you start working out the script - I said I'd like to be a voice actor and this is certainly something I'd be interested in, so tell me when you're about to start and I'll take some of the load off of you

Great! It will be most useful having you around! :goodjob:
05-16-2009, 08:55 PM,

i read this thread and i think that this quest line is a great idea

i was wondering what does the shadowscales want besides revenge

would be cool if you could have a rivaly against another guild/clan and in the end you killed them off and found some kind of artifact like a dagger that makes you invisible or something but im not so sure ... in the ending the shadow scales gives you the dagger................. cause a cool name could be shade blade
a good laugh make you live longer so i am a immortal
05-17-2009, 12:08 AM,

Yes, we need to do some work finalising the weaponry for the Shadowscales. That's something we're looking at. An 'invisibility dagger' eh? That would fit. This reminds me....I totally forgot to meet online with IS who is in charge of this quest. Thanks, shreddz.
05-17-2009, 10:58 AM,

Sounds like a good idea, and easy to do.