Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deepen Moor - Eman-Dulassu Cavern [Old Disc]
10-19-2008, 04:23 PM,
Claim me up, Scotty.
If it's still open, which it quite seems to be, I'd like to claim this dungeon.

If my claim is approved, I have a few questions.
1. Should these bandits be static, or Vanilla-levelled to the player?
2. Is there a specific theme to these bandits, or do I have free reign?
3. is water a suitable addition to this cavern?
4. Is there a timeframe for completion?
5. Is adding a bit of literature in the forms of journals, smugglers' manifests, etc. okay?

Also, I'm not sure where I was when the Dragon broke. Probably asleep.
10-19-2008, 05:48 PM,
RE: Claim me up, Scotty.
Welcome to ST! Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Zera LeSaar

5. Is adding a bit of literature in the forms of journals, smugglers' manifests, etc. okay?
As posted by TID on the Modders' abbreviations thread, feel free to get started right away.

1. You could create a new leveled list (starting with your modding ID 'StZl') based upon a vanilla list and change it to your liking. This makes it easier to change the list in a later stage (without altering the vanilla game).
  2. I don't think so.
  3. Why not? It also depends on your design.
  4. Not really, just post an update from time to time so that we know you're working on your claim.
  5. That's fine.

I am sure TID will post his comments asap and change the status of the cave to 'claimed'.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-19-2008, 09:59 PM,
RE: Claim me up, Scotty.
Okay. :check:

1. These bandits should use custom leveled lists for the time being. We will likely be standardizing the kinds of enemies and loot that can be found using lists, and having these new entries will make finding and changing these things much easier later on. As sandor said, the best course of action would be to make a copy of an existing list and to change it as you see fit.

2. If by 'theme' you mean story elements or just a general background, then the answer would be none currently. The background of these bandits is up to you Smile (within reason and lore though, like these guys obviously can't originate from another planet or something silly like that Wink). Did you have something specific in mind?

3. Yes, water is mentioned as a possibility in the claim description.

4. Not really. If you're going to take more than a few weeks though, it might be a good idea to post here every once in a while saying that you're still interested in finishing it, as sandor suggested. Occasionally modders will disappear, and we end up waiting for files that never come. In those cases, we revoke the claim (open it back up so it can be claimed again). If we know you're working on it though, we probably won't do that. Smile
Take the time you need to make it a work of art. Wink

5. Absolutely. Those kinds of text almost always add more depth to the game. :yes:
10-21-2008, 09:15 PM,

Superb. I must have missed that bit about the water while reading over the claim; after seeing that most were carbon-copies of one another, I skimmed a bit. Wink

Anyway, I'll copy the levelled lists and use those for the foes, as you've suggested. That'll likely add a few hours to this, as I have no idea what you mean by that; I typically make entirely custom foes for my dungeons, and meant "made with the level offset box ticked" by "vanilla levelled." :eek: I'll just poke around a bit on the CS...I never liked the Wiki much.

As water is approved, I'll be relatively simple. A small pool...filled with corpses. My vision for this is perhps a cult of bandits following some obscure heathen god and often having a good, bloody revel in his/her/its honour.

So, I shall begin posthaste! Shouldn't take more than a few days, school permitting.

Also, I was wondering, how would I reduce a photo for my avatar down to the required pixel size? File size isn't a problem, but it's about ten times the size permitted, pixel-wise.
10-23-2008, 06:11 AM,

Anyway, I'll copy the levelled lists and use those for the foes, as you've suggested. That'll likely add a few hours to this, as I have no idea what you mean by that; I typically make entirely custom foes for my dungeons, and meant "made with the level offset box ticked" by "vanilla levelled." :eek: I'll just poke around a bit on the CS...I never liked the Wiki much.
The fastest way would be to just take an existing list, rename it, and then when it prompts you if you want to create a new object, say yes.

As water is approved, I'll be relatively simple. A small pool...filled with corpses. My vision for this is perhps a cult of bandits following some obscure heathen god and often having a good, bloody revel in his/her/its honour.
If you do this, it would be best if you found some existing Elder Scrolls god (likely a Daedric god) and wrote some sort of text (note, journal) in-game to explain what's going on. Are you familiar with Elder Scrolls lore?

So, I shall begin posthaste! Shouldn't take more than a few days, school permitting.
Cool. :goodjob:

Also, I was wondering, how would I reduce a photo for my avatar down to the required pixel size? File size isn't a problem, but it's about ten times the size permitted, pixel-wise.
I think you would scale it down in an image-editing program, like Photoshop or GIMP, and see how it turns out. Does it need a lot of detail? If it does, you might want to use another image instead. Smile
11-07-2008, 11:03 PM,

ZL, are you still interested in this claim?

royalblue[/hr]
EDIT TID: It's been several months since I've last heard from ZL, so I'm putting this claim back up.