Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The dwemer race
04-27-2009, 08:24 PM,
The dwemer race
There are problems with the files for the Dwemer race. Some files are missing, others are unused. Does anyone know if the race is used in Dumac? If so I'll try to pursue a fix.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-27-2009, 09:13 PM,
RE: The dwemer race
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
There are problems with the files for the Dwemer race. Some files are missing, others are unused. Does anyone know if the race is used in Dumac? If so I'll try to pursue a fix.

Is this Captain's Dwemer spectres?

If so, we have plans to use them, but currently are unused, so a fix would be nice Smile
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
04-27-2009, 11:15 PM,

If it is my Spectres that has broblems i will surely fix it, just let me know what seems to be the trouble.

Specifically i am interested to know what are the missing files? i did post links to the latest files since my last update, perhaps those havent been accidentally added to the BSA's since then?
04-28-2009, 07:07 PM,

Thanks for confirming that InsanitySorrow, it'll get fixed Smile

Quote:Originally posted by captain-ultima
If it is my Spectres that has broblems I will surely fix it, just let me know what seems to be the trouble.

Specifically I am interested to know what are the missing files? I did post links to the latest files since my last update, perhaps those havent been accidentally added to the BSA's since then?

It's the dwemer race that has the problems, not sure if that equals the spectres or not. The problem isn't that serious, consisting of our mod not being able to find the files meshes/Characters/ST/Dwemer/male/hair01.nif and meshes/Characters/ST/Dwemer/teethhuman.nif. I believe we have the files, but instead of the path being "meshes/characters/st" the files are in "meshes/st/characters".

I've never used the race tab before. Could you please either let me know what I should do to change those paths, or upload a plugin that changes the folder paths? Whichever is easiest. Thankyou in advance Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
04-28-2009, 09:02 PM,

thats odd, i could have sworn i posted a .esp making those changes at the same time as i uploaded the new files. Ill take a look at the latest .esm and make changes where needed.
04-28-2009, 10:02 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by captain-ultima
thats odd, I could have sworn I posted a .esp making those changes at the same time as I uploaded the new files. Ill take a look at the latest .esm and make changes where needed.

According to the news log, your update was added to the bsa on December 2nd 2008. You talk a bit about the update in this thread, while your update itself was posted here - I think. The files are gone from rapidshare, so I can't check if those files, which you posted last summer, are the same as the ones I logged as being added to the BSA in december. The strange thing is that you posted on July 3rd 2008 while the rar archives I have from you are timestamped as being compiled on December 19th 2008. But maybe I have newer files than the ones you posted in that particular post? (But anyway I think we can assume the BSA has the latest available assets from you.)

Sandor didn't reply to your post so odds are he didn't think there were plugins intended for merging in the downloads (since you referred to all the downloads as having assets/meshes). Indeed, in the latest rar archives I have - DwemerBook.rar DwemerGhostsUpdate.rar Dwemersounds.rar and FixedRobes.rar all timestamped December 19th 2008 - there are no plugins. Were your plugins in the July 3rd update? The only Dwemer-related plugin I have from you from that time period is the one that adds your Dwemer device.

But it makes perfect sense that your plugins weren't merged, because there are other problems related to Dwemer assets as well. Below is a complete portion of errors related to Dwemer assets in the current version of the main esm. I'm sure that not all of them are related to the Dwemer assets you made, but some of them are and to avoid the risk of not including assets you made I'll just repost the whole portion.

Code:
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/Characters/ST/Dwemer/male/hair01.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/Characters/ST/Dwemer/teethhuman.nif"

===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clothes/Robes/Dwemer/f/robedwemerf.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clothes/Robes/Dwemer/hatdwemer.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clothes/Robes/Dwemer/hatdwemer_gnd.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clothes/Robes/Dwemer/m/robedwemer.nif"

===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Bowl.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/coherer.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/coin.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/cylinder.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Draft01.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Draft02.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Draft03.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Draft04.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Goblet.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Key.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Mug.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Pitcher.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Soulgem.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/tube.nif"

===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/StSeLever.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Corridor/StDwrvCorr1WayCap.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Corridor/StDwrvCorr1WayLong.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Corridor/StDwrvCorr2WayCorner.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Corridor/StDwrvCorr2WayStair.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Corridor/StDwrvCorr2WayStraightLong.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Corridor/StDwrvCorr2WayStraightMedium.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Corridor/StDwrvCorr2WayStraightShort.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Corridor/StDwrvCorr3Way.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Corridor/StDwrvCorr4Way.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Room/StDwrvRoomCenter.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Room/StDwrvRoomCornerIn.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Room/StDwrvRoomCornerOut.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Room/StDwrvRoomCornerOut2.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Room/StDwrvRoomExit.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Room/StDwrvRoomExitLeft.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Room/StDwrvRoomExitLeftRight.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Room/StDwrvRoomExitRight.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Room/StDwrvRoomSide.nif"

===> Cannot find file "Data/textures/menus/icons/ST/clutter/Dwemer/bowl.dds"
===> Cannot find file "Data/textures/menus/icons/ST/clutter/Dwemer/coin.dds"
===> Cannot find file "Data/textures/menus/icons/ST/clutter/Dwemer/DwemerArtifact01.dds"
===> Cannot find file "Data/textures/menus/icons/ST/clutter/Dwemer/DwemerArtifact02.dds"
===> Cannot find file "Data/textures/menus/icons/ST/clutter/Dwemer/DwemerArtifact03.dds"
===> Cannot find file "Data/textures/menus/icons/ST/clutter/Dwemer/DwemerKey.dds"
===> Cannot find file "Data/textures/menus/icons/ST/clutter/Dwemer/DwemerSoulgem.dds"
===> Cannot find file "Data/textures/menus/icons/ST/clutter/Dwemer/goblet.dds"
===> Cannot find file "Data/textures/menus/icons/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Mug.dds"
===> Cannot find file "Data/textures/menus/icons/ST/clutter/Dwemer/pitcher.dds"

===> Cannot find file "Data/textures/ST/characters/dwemer/male/dwemer.dds"
Angel mired in filth
04-29-2009, 08:31 AM,

Well i checked the list of latest merged assets and noticed that both of my update files for the dwemer ghosts were merged, wich should mean that all files would be in order on the .esm, but as i said ill take a look at what might be wrong.

Some of those clutter items are mine indeed, them missing is really odd as i have sent them long ago, maybe some folders have been re-arranged and my files have moved from their original locations?

As soon as i get the main BSA downloaded so i can see what is going on ill work a fix and post any missing files and a .esp with a fix but it will be a little while sine its going to take over 2 hours for me to get the BSA downloaded, got only a 1mb connection.

EDIT: Okay, i went trough both the .esm and the latest BSA's and updates, heres the results:
Code:
These did not display error for me:

These files Are missing from the BSA since last update:
===> Cannot find file "Data/textures/menus/icons/ST/clutter/Dwemer/bowl.dds"
===> Cannot find file "Data/textures/menus/icons/ST/clutter/Dwemer/coin.dds"
===> Cannot find file "Data/textures/menus/icons/ST/clutter/Dwemer/DwemerArtifact01.dds"
===> Cannot find file "Data/textures/menus/icons/ST/clutter/Dwemer/DwemerArtifact02.dds"
===> Cannot find file "Data/textures/menus/icons/ST/clutter/Dwemer/DwemerArtifact03.dds"
===> Cannot find file "Data/textures/menus/icons/ST/clutter/Dwemer/DwemerKey.dds"
===> Cannot find file "Data/textures/menus/icons/ST/clutter/Dwemer/DwemerSoulgem.dds"
===> Cannot find file "Data/textures/menus/icons/ST/clutter/Dwemer/goblet.dds"
===> Cannot find file "Data/textures/menus/icons/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Mug.dds"
===> Cannot find file "Data/textures/menus/icons/ST/clutter/Dwemer/pitcher.dds"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Bowl.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/coherer.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/coin.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/cylinder.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Draft01.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Draft02.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Draft03.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Draft04.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Goblet.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Key.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Mug.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Pitcher.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/Soulgem.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/clutter/Dwemer/tube.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/StSeLever.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Corridor/StDwrvCorr1WayCap.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Corridor/StDwrvCorr1WayLong.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Corridor/StDwrvCorr2WayCorner.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Corridor/StDwrvCorr2WayStair.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Corridor/StDwrvCorr2WayStraightLong.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Corridor/StDwrvCorr2WayStraightMedium.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Corridor/StDwrvCorr2WayStraightShort.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Corridor/StDwrvCorr3Way.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Corridor/StDwrvCorr4Way.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Room/StDwrvRoomCenter.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Room/StDwrvRoomCornerIn.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Room/StDwrvRoomCornerOut.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Room/StDwrvRoomCornerOut2.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Room/StDwrvRoomExit.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Room/StDwrvRoomExitLeft.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Room/StDwrvRoomExitLeftRight.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Room/StDwrvRoomExitRight.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/ST/Dwemer/Interior/Tileset/Room/StDwrvRoomSide.nif"

These files were fixed:
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/Characters/ST/Dwemer/male/hair01.nif"
===> Cannot find file "Data/meshes/Characters/ST/Dwemer/teethhuman.nif"

I also noticed Alot of phitts assets were missing in the BSA but were added back in the update 2.6.

i attached the .esp with the minor fixes that i could do, after all cant fix files that arent there now can i Big Grin

sadly since my last cleanup of the pc i no longer have the files myself either. If you still have them somewhere good, if not ill need to see if i could hunt them down.
05-07-2009, 08:55 PM,

Regarding these:

I think the problem is just that the meshes are in clothes/Robes while the CS links point to clothes/Robes/Dwemer. I'll make the subfolder and sort the robes under it in the next asset update. Smile

And regarding these:

There is a mesh at meshes\ST\clothes\Dwemer\hat.nif but no _gnd placement mesh. There's also a couple of robes in that folder, not sure why.

After a very quick investigation I concluded that the files below dealt with a Dwemer tileset TheImperialDragon was working on. I probably brought them into the CS myself (using his ID to strengthen that he created them) to test them out when the intention was there that that tileset would be modded to completion. This was long before Phitt made his tileset, by the way. I removed the entries from the esm through a plugin a few days ago.

So the end result would seem to be that the Dwemer hat is missing, there are two seemingly redundant robe meshes, and that I lack the meshes and icons for your clutter items. I don't have them in my local main folders, but I'll doublecheck my old archives of recieved assets to see if I still have a copy of them.
Angel mired in filth