Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assassin's Creed 2
11-18-2009, 07:55 PM,
Assassin's Creed 2
OK, who else is going to get the almighty Assassin's Creed 2?
I've got the first game, which is awesome and the second one is looking to be better. From what I gather, it's already out in the US but here in England it doesn't come out until the 20th.

Anyone got it yet?

Any opinions?
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
11-18-2009, 09:52 PM,

In Denmark it came yesterday ( the 17.) Im going to get it, but im gonna play AC 1 first.
12-26-2009, 04:37 PM,

Christmas has been fruitful!

I now have AC2 and if you're considering getting it, but not sure - GET IT!

It's fantastic, and a long way better than AC1. If you have to buy one of them, buy 2 - trust me (although it's a lot easier to understand if you've completed the 1st one). Everything that was annoying about the 1st one is no longer there in the 2nd one, and lots of new features have been added:

2 hidden blades

Option to buy better weapons and armour

You can swim

Better assassinations

More variety of missions

Bigger world to explore

And much, much more!

12-28-2009, 08:21 PM,

One would hope that there's been an improvement over the first game. It had some interesting ideas but didn't execute them very well. Towards the end of the game everything seemed to break down into open combat.

Still, looks like it might be a while before the second game is out on the PC.

I'm hoping that you'll be able to complete some of the assassinations in a stealthy way, and not have the game railroad you through them into combat.
12-29-2009, 07:06 AM,

Yeah, I didn't like the ending of the first one.

What annoyed me about the first game is that there are only 9 assassinations (there are loads more in 2, I'm 1/3 through it and I've done 8) and in the opening cutscene of 1, Altair is seen with a crossbow, yet you never get one in-game. A crossbow would have been loads more fun than throwing knives.

Also, in this one, puzzle and strategy come into it a lot more. There are 'Glyphs' which you find in eagle vivion which, when you go up to it, opens a puzzle you have to work out. There are also mini-missions into Assassin's Tombs which is puzzle and skill based.

Everything that was bad about the first game isn't there in the second one (in my opinion).

09-05-2010, 05:33 AM,

The original game was boring and repetitive, the second was repetitive but not boring, 1/2 problems fixed haha.