Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road Claim: Ashunor Valley [Claimed]
05-07-2009, 08:51 PM,
Road Claim: Ashunor Valley [Claimed]
Road Claim: Roads through Ashunor Valley

You'll need the 3.25 version of the ESM (pathched with M1277) or higher to mod this road.

[Image: AshunorValley_Roads_thumb.jpg]
Note that water and trees do not appear on these generated maps.
Download higher resolution maps from here! (~13MB)

[title]Description[/title]
The Ashunor Valley should be thought of as mainly untame, natural wilderness that is a cross between the Ascadian Isles, West Gash, and Grazelands regions from TES3. The region consists of mainly plains and mountains. The large Ashunor River flows almost in a complete horseshoe around the region, flowing down the east side, and then up the west. This region is particularly important because the roads from each of our three main cities (Soluthis, Steadhelm, and Silgrad Tower) meet in this region. It'll likely be visited often by the player.

The only settlement that is being planned for this region is the monastery of Lumen Julianii, which will be located in the mountains along the northern shore of the region.

Bordering Ashunor Valley are the regions of Soluthis (north-west), the Bitter Coast region (north), the Steadhelm region (east), Dumac region (south-east), Deepen Meadows region (south-west), and Deepen Moor (west). See our map webpage to see where this region is in our mod.

[title]How to mod the road[/title]
Above is a map of the region, with a rough layout for the roads sketched in tan. Keep in mind as you're modding that the road doesn't have to match the image exactly - the road should generally go through the same cells as on the map, but exact bends and so on are 100% up to you, the modder. The important thing is have a layout similar to the one shown on the map (there is a fair bit of flexibility), with road endings in cell (24, -5), in cell (37, 16), and in cell (10, 31).

After loading up the CS, you should load the area where you wish to start in the Render Window. The Silgrad Tower worldspace is STLand. After that, you'll want to open up the Landscape Editor, then find and select the texture called StIdAvMainRoad01.

Now you're ready to start modding the road. Use a brush size of 2 to paint the road, and make sure you use vertex shading (with a value of 160 for each of RGB) along the edges of the road. Please make sure the road has bends (so it's not completely straight). In addition, please mod a "pathspear" fence along at least some segments of the road - you may find individual pieces of pathspear fences under Static->ST->Walls->Fence->Pathspear. You may move, delete, or place Ashunor Valley objects along the road path as you see fit, whether to make way for a road, or to add more detail. A list of Ashunor Valley objects is given below. You may also paint the area around the road with other Ashunor Valley textures if you wish*. The road should not be modded beyond the area of the region shown in the map.

Most Ashunor Valley objects can be found in the following list locations in the CS:
[INDENT][/INDENT]Trees:
[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- Trees->SilgradWillowOakSu
[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- Trees->SilgradFicus
[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- Trees->SilgradBush (models beginning with SilgradBushSu only)
[INDENT][/INDENT]Emperor Parasol mushrooms and vines:
[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- Static->ST->Flora->Ambience (models beginning with StStaticFloraParasol)
[INDENT][/INDENT]Rocks:
[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- Static->ST->Rocks->AshunorValley
[INDENT][/INDENT]The flora that are used in this region are all under Flora->ST:
[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- StFloraSunsetFlower
[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- StFloraWickwheat01
[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- StFloraStoneflower (models 01, 02, and 03)
[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- StFloraHeather (models 01 and 02)
[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- StFloraValleyRussula (all models)
[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- StFloraMarshmerrow (models 01 and 02, but only near water)
[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- StFloraSaltrice (only near water)
[INDENt][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- StFloraMuckspunge (all models, but only near water)
You may also copy and paste other objects you see in this region.

When modding the roads that pass along the sides of mountains, try to build the road into the mountain (feel free to adjust the land height in order to do this). The end result should be a mountain that, from the ground, slopes up, and then hits the flat road for a few meters, and then continues its ascent upward.

There is a river in the region, and the road will cross it. To complete the road, you must create a bridge. I personally suggest using the models StExDunShackWalkway and StExDunShackWalkwaySupport made by SACarrow. Try to combine sections of the walkway to make the walking surface, and then adding the support pieces.

When you're done, upload the ESP to the forums.

* All textures beginning with StIdAv are Ashunor Valley textures.

[title]Claiming[/title]
If you want to claim this road, please post saying so. Likewise, if you have any questions, feel free to ask them in this thread. Smile
09-02-2009, 06:46 PM,

I'll start this one after the Silgrad Hills is generated.
12-04-2009, 07:04 PM,

The Silgrad Hills were generated, and now this is mostly finished. The roads have been painted (with vertex shading) and have been 'indented' into the landscape shape. I've started adding fence segments along parts of the road.

I'm going to extend my road so that it joins up with the road end in Ald Nium. That will complete the road between Steadhelm and Soluthis.
12-05-2009, 05:02 PM,

The merging region is StIdMergeRegion.Smile

I don't know of any really reliable file sharing sites anymore. Since this is a large attachment, I'm going to delete it after it is merged.

EDIT 05/12/09: Deleted attachment
12-05-2009, 05:27 PM,

Thanks. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
I don't know of any really reliable file sharing sites anymore.
I agree.

You could try http://www.2shared.com/ (keep a copy of the admin link, no registering required). Until now no problems, let's hope it stays like that.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-06-2009, 07:48 AM,

The file has been merged.

BTW
Nice work. :goodjob:
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD