WFMQ13S_WFMQ13SQ1_000511A5_1.wav
WFMQ13S_WFMQ13SConv6_000511A3_3.wav
WFMQ13S_WFMQ13SConv6_000511A3_1.wav
WFMQ13S_WFMQ13SConv6_000511A3_2.wav
WFMQ13S_WFMQ13SConv6_000511A3_4.wav
WFMQ13S_WFMQ13SConv6_000511A3_5.wav
WFMQ13S_WFMQ13SConv5_000511A1_1.wav
WFMQ13S_WFMQ13SConv5_000511A1_2.wav

tell me what you think, use me if you need me. I'll be waiting for anybody who wants me to say something

A small warning though, these voice pieces are slightly deepened using audacity (-5 points)

EDIT: Here's all of them zipped together
Voice samples.zip

Still More Samples!
05-16-2009, 09:15 AM,

Hi Esh!

Thanks for the links. :yes: So you worked on Windfall then?

You have a good voice. It reminds me of Garrett from the Thief series which is good. Personally, I think you'd work well in a rogue's quest but maybe that's just because I made the Thief connection.

As mentioned, we'll definitely find space for you in Black Marsh but over here at ST would be a good idea as well if you're keen on the voice acting.

There's a little bit of background fuzz that you may be able to work on though. This could be a number of things. Sometimes it's not easy to get rid of it but there are things that you can try and it's not too bad here. Nonetheless, check my tutorials and see if they help: [Tutorial] Voice Acting Tutorials .

I imagine SACarrow, the voice guy, will be along soon to offer his ideas too.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
05-16-2009, 10:04 PM,

thanks, but i didn't actually work on Windfall. it's just a few lines I took and redid myself

I noticed the background fuzz too, though i couldn't figure out how to get rid of it. I'll take another look at your tutorial to see if I can change that

also, Garret? I'll have to look that one up on youtube

EDIT: now that I've heard Garret, I have to agree - I do sound like him, but i think that's just the voice pitch change I did

EDIT AGAIN: if you don't want to go through the hassle of doing nine different downloads, I'm adding a folder with all of them to the bottom of the page there
05-17-2009, 12:28 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Eshenaleros
I'm adding a folder with all of them to the bottom of the page there

Yes, that's better. I love Thief...great game! Smile
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
05-19-2009, 09:17 AM,

I've got a few more samples, also taken from windfall. It's added to the bottom of the first post, this time without editing my voice at all. I'll probably sound like garret when I get older, but for now I'm stuck with this. I told you it was because of the pitch change
05-19-2009, 01:53 PM,

Sounds good. You may need to PM SACarrow about work on Silgrad Tower. He's normally quite quick to respond but he may be having a lull at the moment. Anyway, he's the best one to guide you through any voice acting that may need to be done at this stage. sandor might also have something for you. I've still got dialogue to do for one of his interiors so there may be something a little like it. How do you fancy writing your own dialogue, btw? Any good at it? I always enjoy writing my own lines, personally.
05-19-2009, 09:51 PM,

I read a lot, so I've got a pretty good vocabulary, but, like many artists, I'm far too modest to say I have any skill at writing things, though I've been told my stuff is good - It's why I decided to help out with your quest writing, IG.
05-20-2009, 01:27 PM,

Ah yes, of course. :yes:
05-20-2009, 02:30 PM,

Once I get my stuff for the teaser out the door I'll stop by with my thoughts in detail. Two quick hits:
  • Do you have a directional mic?
  • Do you use the beta Audacity with better noise removal? It's always best to improve the native recording enviro first, but that can be useful if there still is a power hum, which seems true here.
05-21-2009, 04:23 PM,

where exactly is the noise removal device? i'm using the beta, so if I could find that I'd be flying, as I've got a pretty much silent environment to work with (besides maybe a washing machine that shakes so much it looks like it'll leap through the door) but i'm pretty sure it's the power hum