Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Koniption's Armor/Clothing Concepts
06-06-2009, 09:42 AM,

...I liked nick_op's suggestive gesture in the painting =)....Nice stuff although I'm not so sure if this particular outfit will fit in with BM...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
06-06-2009, 11:38 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Koniption
Hi Nick,

Hehehe, I'm glad you liked the sketches and comments.

You did a really nice rendition of the Temptress clothing, so good job! You are taking art classes, correct?

Koniption
Thanks!

I've been going to drop in life drawing sessions recently, but haven't had any art classes for almost 2 years now. Ironically enough, doing a Mulitimedia course (computer art) pushed art from being my intended career into being a hobby.

I can give you one name that has revolutionised my drawing, though: Burne Hogarth. If you get a chance to read his books then by all means do so!
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
...I liked nick_op's suggestive gesture in the painting =) ....Nice stuff although I'm not so sure if this particular outfit will fit in with BM...
Perhaps it might work as a poster in one of the imperial towns (perhaps an advert for a tavern or brothel?)? Doesn't necesarily have to appear as an item of clothing. Let me know if you think it's an idea worth pursuing, I'll get a finished render of the image done (shading etc.) if so.
06-06-2009, 11:50 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by nick_op
Perhaps it might work as a poster in one of the imperial towns (perhaps an advert for a tavern or brothel?)? Doesn't necesarily have to appear as an item of clothing. Let me know if you think it's an idea worth pursuing, I'll get a finished render of the image done (shading etc.) if so.

I like that! Cool

Perhaps a place that was inspired by 'The Lusty Argonian Maid' where the other races are the 'exotic options' for horny lizards. Big Grin . There's a potential tourist trade for Argonians seeking to profit from the popularity of the book by claiming it was the original place where the Maid plied her trade. That's one interior claim that might really attract interest....hehehe.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
06-06-2009, 01:32 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
hah, eshme's is a body mod/clothing resource. afair is "as far as I remember" Tongue I didn't remember well enough apparently (been probably 2 years since I've played with it), as it looks rather different Confusedlap:. its here in the bottom right corner, though I dont think thats the full outfit.

@ Lady Nerevar: *cough* uh, yeah, I knew that all along. *runs to other room so can smack self on head in private*

@ Nick & Ibsen: yeah, I'd like for nick's pic to be in a tavern or brothel. Hey, for that matter, can you make a "Lusty Argonian" version in a different outfit, one that is the Argonian species? Argonians need love too. :bananarock:

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
06-06-2009, 02:49 PM,

@ Nick & Ibsen: yeah, I'd like for nick's pic to be in a tavern or brothel. Hey, for that matter, can you make a "Lusty Argonian" version in a different outfit, one that is the Argonian species? Argonians need love too. :bananarock:

Koniption
I could try an argonian version, but to be honest I've never rendered scales before. I barely ever use colour, so I'm actually out of my comfort zone with the current one, but it's a nice challenge. I'd be happy to do the lines if you want to have a go at the colouring, though.

Here's the latest version of the human temptress. Shading is still basic, need to blend it. I'm going for a form of light called "sculptural light" with this one - you'll never see light like this, but it's used to emphasize form, so it should work well for a poster. Shading probably isn't bold enough at the moment, though.
06-06-2009, 03:35 PM,

@ Nick: The shading you're using on the human temptress sketch looks really nice, despite it being outside of your comfort zone. If you do the Argonian, I can try to color it. What are you using to color in your sketches?

I think I might try to color the Argonian version using my GIMP program.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
06-06-2009, 03:40 PM,

@ Nick: The shading you're using on the human temptress sketch looks really nice, despite it being outside of your comfort zone. If you do the Argonian, I can try to color it. What are you using to color in your sketches?
I'm using a WACOM tablet in Photoshop.

Edit: I've attached the latest version of the image - stronger shading now. Will probably start blending tomorrow. I also worked a lot on getting the anatomy a lot more accurate.
06-07-2009, 08:52 PM,

Blending is now done, minus some refactoring of the feet, and any tweaks I may make at the final stages. I almost wish I didn't have to render the clothes after all the hard work I put into the skin tones. Wink

Koniption: I could do with some suggestions for the underwear - I hoping to go for a blue colour to harmonise the purple of the 'dress', but I'm out of ideas for exactly what material it should be made out of.

Ibsen's Ghost: Maybe you could split the posts from this thread (starting from my first post) into a new thread for development of this idea? I don't want to highjack Koniption's thread anymore.
06-07-2009, 11:07 PM,

The blue color for the undies looks fine, so you can stay with that color. Material can be anything comfortable, like silk or linen. I originally had the underwear as a single long strip of cloth that weaves around the pelvis area, to cover that part of the body.

Koniption
06-09-2009, 08:03 PM,

FAO nick_op: I wondered if you might be interested in (and have time for) new claims such as these: CLAIM: Visual Design (Banners) and CLAIM: Visual Design (Settlement & Shop Signs) .