Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naga-Cradle Jungle
03-13-2010, 05:07 PM,

Sorry - I think I garbled my message!

I meant to say, we could use Xae's impenetrable thickets idea to act the same way mountains did in Morrowind - to force the player to take a long winding path.

Since the thickets can be just a few tens of metres wide this would be even more economical on space than using the height-map for the same effect.
Morcroft Darkes
03-13-2010, 07:05 PM,

True. I guess we could make a 'thickets' model as opposed to just using the height map...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-14-2010, 11:55 AM,

Is it possible to create destructable flora? This means if you attack a bush, the bush will be broken and disappear or another model will pop up.
If this is possible, you could hack and slash your way through the impassable jungle and make it passable.
03-14-2010, 03:11 PM,

i like the idea...could probably use the same means of activation on hit as the lock-bash mods Smile
03-14-2010, 03:51 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
Is it possible to create destructable flora? This means if you attack a bush, the bush will be broken and disappear or another model will pop up.
If this is possible, you could hack and slash your way through the impassable jungle and make it passable.

Yes, it is possible.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
03-14-2010, 06:50 PM,

That might be nice for the Arnesian Jungle...one worth bearing in mind for the future, methinks...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]